1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. Spork!

Spork! Member

I started playing about a month ago.
    Since then I've spent ~ $2600 on new bits and will finaly be updating my 4790k / 1070 based system.
    This is the first game that's made me feel an upgrade was necessary.
    Just waiting on a RTX 3070 to arrive (I think it's coming via canoe and bicycle), and a new NVMe drive and I'll be ready to build new rig and enjoy some eye candy.

It looks OK on low/medium settings, but I'm trying not to play too much until I can dial those up a bit.

nb: Witcher 3 was possibly my fave game of all time, so I really was looking forward to this one.

2. Trizae

Trizae Member

what's your new setup you're upgrading to? If you loved Witcher 3 don't expect the same but at the same time I really enjoyed my time with Cyberpunk and my 3080 rig smashed it before all of the updates i'm waiting on the dlc but there is alot of good game there if you take it for what it is

3. Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

You will enjoy the game on decent hardware. Is it Witcher 3? No, but it's still several cuts above many other games. I recently finished the beloved and adored Zero Dawn and thoroughly enjoyed it, you know what though? Side quest design is about as bland as it gets (like a tonne of open world games) and I found myself fast travelling amongst the 100 million campfires to get around as running or even riding was tiresome.

There are some genuinely great and detailed side quests in CP2077 and much like W3 I found myself more than happy to travel around the world manually and rack up 85 hours in game because driving around night city itself is quite fun once you get good vehicles. I actually don't think it gets enough credit for what it got right. For a game to do a very solid job of FPS, stealth and driving mechanics alone, then layer on extremely good visuals and a half decent narrative, that's more than a lot of games can put their name to.

Bottom line I got 85 hours of thoroughly ennjoyable gameplay for <$50. If people want more they need to lower their expectations a bit. I have paid that for a shit meal.

Spork! likes this.
  4. Spork!

Spork! Member

Z690 carbon / 12600k / RTX 3070 / Arctic liquid freezer II 360 and WD black 2tb NMVe.
    Will re-use case, fans, PSU and some SSD's (or maybe get rid of all SSD's and associated cables and add a 2nd NMVe for overkill storage).

Trizae likes this.
  5. Trizae

Trizae Member

awesome build dude! Don't get rid of the ssd's but have a storage drive to alleviate the read/write for the SSD/NVME

6. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I took out my 2.5" 1tb SSD for neatness to go full m.2, kind of regret it now. I'm not exactly running out of space (I put in 1.5tb of nvme and another 2tb of m.2 sata, I have about 1.3tb spare outside the OS partition), but I figured I would be using it in a different build but ultimately didn't do so.

Now I can't find where I put the fucking thing now :lol:

Trizae and Spork! like this.
  7. PureFire

PureFire Member

8. Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

Nice. Really hope the mod community goes bonkers in years to come.

9. di_entropy

di_entropy Member

Finally finished Cyberpunk. Have had it since launch day, but I am not much of a single player gamer and even less of a gamer all round with 2 kids and a busy job these days.

Despite that, really got back into it over the last couple of months and got hooked. The game really becomes a lot more fun once you get some cyberware and start working on upgrades/crafting which I basically completed ignored at the start.

To be honest don't think I experienced one single bug or any broken gameplay on my playthrough, although the majority of my hours have been in the last couple of months and they're at patch 1.52 now.

Had a bunch of fun, storyline and sidequests were great. Definitely recommend it despite all the initial bad press.

Now to go back and finish Witcher 3...

Trizae, Elmf, Deus_Ex_Machina and 2 others like this.
  10. Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

Bit off topic but for W3, HD Reworked texture mod and HD Reworked Monsters are essential. Maintain the games look but bump the textures up alot. I only got around to it about a year ago after finishing the first two twice and I'd say it's the best game I have ever played all round. Gameplay, story, visuals, music, acting, characters, scope.

Cyberpunk doesn't measure up but it's still a massive achievement and far and beyond better than a great many games on the market. 80+ hours for $40? People are whingers.

rthy, fredhoon and di_entropy like this.
  11. rthy

rthy Member

1.52 has been pretty good, if they released it at this state it would have been far more praise imo

12. havabeer

havabeer Member

Yeah but another year late.

13. Azure-Drued

Azure-Drued Member

Im Running on a 6700xt and shadows mostly at medium with Raytraced Sunshadows and Local Shadows and it is indead a beautiful looking game, capped my FPS at 60 to stop it from fluctuating...Really does annoy me

All up i have about 170hours just jumping in and running around killing badguys at night....Done all the ending except the secret one, still haven't found out how to keep takemura alive when they bust in ..... poor guy...

Going to Start up a new game as nomad.....Ciao

Elmf likes this.
  14. Elmf

Elmf Member

Addictive isn't it. I'll be going and finishing for a second time once I finish Mafia remastered

15. Azure-Drued

Azure-Drued Member

170 hours and ive only just found out that pressing "B" Holsters my weapon......lol stupid weapon wheel...

Spyder6052 and Elmf like this.
  16. Elmf

Elmf Member

Lmao love it.

17. Mynamewastaken

Mynamewastaken Member

Don't you have to keep Takemura alive for one of the endings?

18. Azure-Drued

Azure-Drued Member

I think thats the secret ending but could be wrong

19. Trizae

Trizae Member

Yeah that's for one the devil is alive ending, you're on the money :)

20. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

The Arasaka ending doesn't require Takamura at all, it just replaces him with another character.