1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. rireland

rireland Member

Hopefully the series is good but I wouldn't have high expectations from a tie in. Based on your interest in cyberpunk, Akira and Ghost in the Shell would be worth a watch as both have had a huge influence on the genre. I would recommend watching with the original audio as some of your criticisms are typically introduced with the dubs.

2. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I doubt it was the bug montages and more that the game was so bad it got pulled from online stores and CDPR offered refunds to literally everyone except the people who bought it on steam.

3. nope

nope Member

hows this gonna run on rdna 3 and 4090 etc ? 4k 120hz rt :p

4. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I'm not sure it'll work at all with one card from each manufacturer.

5. nope

nope Member

mgpu kek i wonder if RT dx12/11u will ever use that feature
    2kw 4090ti 2x lol

macktheknife likes this.
  6. Sankari

Sankari Member

3090 Ti @ 4K with ray tracing set to 'Psycho.'

:wired: :Paranoid:

Trizae and nope like this.
  7. nope

nope Member

That kept coming up in my recs Holy fuck does that game mill my 2080ti and 6900xt a new hole
    Also dlss performance that means that video is barely 1080p native and barely hitting 60fps
    Still impressive dlss is cool tech frs sucks

rthy likes this.
  8. Trizae

Trizae Member

At first glance crowd density is toned down and its using what appears to be a reshade filter and DLSS Performance (1080p most likely version 2.1.3.4 ) when I played Cyberpunk used to use Psycho raytracing around patch 1.1 when I finished it the follow january after 3080 launch and a setting of balanced and had pretty decent performance then. They seem to have rebalanced and updated the game quite some since then. I should revisit it again when DLC comes through but still impressive none the less in the vid.

nope likes this.
  9. power

power Member

I recently purchased a lovely Xbox One X Cyberpunk edition from here and I was relatively impressed with the current performance out of that console, it seems to retain 30 most of the time, detail levels are decent enough. I like most of you saw the early vids of console and how bad it was at launch but this is my first time touching it. I got kind of carried away and started a new save and just kept playing all day on the weekend. Started a fem V lifepath and have so far done the "intro" up to where you are introduced to Johnny.

Over in PC land, I finally caved and bought a 3080Ti to match my C1 and boy oh boy, that card just smashes through nicely and G-Sync really does it's job, can't be bothered with DLSS as the game for the most part stays well above 60 with all the RT on and when it does dip under you don't really notice it that much. Big jump from the 1080Ti even though that was doing a good job VRR is as good as they say it is.

Oh yeah, so Cyberpunk on xbox - one major complaint, the density of crowds and traffic appears to be MASSIVELY reduced, I played the game on launch and Night City just feels pretty damn empty atm. I assume this would have had some impact on performance for sure, also as a nice side benefit stopped a lot of the Ai weirdness too.

Either way, hurry up CDPR I want a nice big juicy expansion!!!

Oh and WuZMoT sent me this video showing off some nice improvements i didn't realise were in the game.

Looks nice, and has a unique startup sound (something many LE xbox ones get). Also the controller that it was bundled with is really nice with lots of unique bits like etched writing (no future is etched). Apologies for the quite frankly terrible photos.

upload_2022-6-21_10-35-53.png

upload_2022-6-21_10-36-42.png

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    rg144, rthy, Trizae and 1 other person like this.
  10. nope

nope Member

I wonder when consoles and pc will get fsr2 I hope this game turns into witchery 3 and nms where its updated for years but I doubt it alot of cdpr devs left during and after

11. power

power Member

I need this mod, stat.

Phalanx, jjjc_93, James086 and 3 others like this.
  12. havabeer

havabeer Member

Would have been nice to tie some DLC in with the anime being released

jjjc_93, Trizae, nope and 1 other person like this.
  13. nope

nope Member

Lol the games not even out of beta and its got a anime

14. Unframed

Unframed Member

The hell kinda betas are you playing?

15. Sankari

Sankari Member

Bloody hell, this really shows off the sheer scale and complexity of the environment. Attention to detail is phenomenal. Beginning to think I'll struggle to run this @ 1440p/.60fps with a 3080.

:wired: :Paranoid:

16. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

A 3080 has no problem running this at 1440/60. It is a stunning world. I'm gonna have another play through on my C1 but as others have said I am dying for some story DLC.

Trizae and Sankari like this.
  17. Sankari

Sankari Member

Good to know!

18. Trizae

Trizae Member

What jjjc_93 said.

https://forums.overclockers.com.au/posts/19171970/

For those of us I had and played it a couple of months after vanilla 3080 launch and 1440/60 handles it no problem with Raytracing back then. Even worse on an AMD card and they've updated it some if anything they've down graded and updated in some regards but you'll be more than fine

Sankari likes this.
  19. Phalanx

Phalanx Member

I run it at 2160p/60fps on a 3080 with ray tracing turned down. Runs fine for me. Slightly regretting not waiting for next gen GPUs to play it in its full glory though (I originally started the game in 4k with full graphics, it was amazing right up until I started moving).

Game itself, does anyone find the whole story kinda meh? They've made it so huge with so many branches to the dialogue and so many ways of playing the game that none of it gels well together. You can see when someone says something then says pretty much the same thing again in a slightly different way that I've gone down some pathway that wasn't quite expected. It'd be fine except there's so much story and it's made to be explored and find out about the world but it's generally not worth it.

And for an open world some things are very hard coded. Usually you can't save during combat but I found a couple of side missions where you can - ones where you're almost guaranteed to die the first time you do the mission. Really breaks the immersion.

Glitches are a minimum though. A few visual artifacts, some odd body physics from time to time but haven't had anything game breaking or crashes that threw me out of the game. Plus it autosaves regularly and can save any time you're not in combat and start again in that exact spot which I love.

Sankari likes this.
  20. Mynamewastaken

Mynamewastaken Member

That is pretty impressive. I feel it would break the game/immersion a lot though. Be the only one flying around the city :/

That said, it would be pretty fun fanging around Night City in a Basilisk.