1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. rthy

rthy Member

anyone else experienced massive cpu utilization the more you play?

2. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

2077 has had memory leaks/overflows/performance degradation issues since it launched. I always restarted the game every 2 or 3 hours.

rthy likes this.
  3. Unframed

Unframed Member

Can't say I've noticed

4. power

power Member

I'm a bad comparison but over the 100 hours or so i played this was never something i noticed. I also played near launch so if something got introduced later I wouldn't know.

rthy likes this.
  5. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Interesting video on Cyberpunk's quality woes.

jjjc_93, rthy, Trizae and 1 other person like this.
  6. power

power Member

If CDPR don't sue this company into oblivion there is no justice. The more you hear about it the worse it is. The worst part was all the false bug reports. It also explains why they were so confident in it and were genuinely surprised at the state of it on launch day. I wonder if they will outsource QA ever again?

Also why am I not surprised this has Embracer Group's fingers all over it.

jjjc_93 and Fortigurn like this.
  7. rthy

rthy Member

initially was fine, then just before the last mission, would struggle between 20-40fps (had to lower gfx quality to maintain 60fps)

anywanys now that its over, rerolling as femv

8. Trizae

Trizae Member

Never quite experienced anything like that and I played it at launch what ring are you playing on and card? Mind you I have a 3080, I thought most leaks got improved after time.

9. rthy

rthy Member

yeah was fairly strange, working fine up until the last few missions.

Did notice alot of the dead bodies lingered around and didn't reset/disappear?

edit: for some reason when ever cp77 restarts it resets the default full screen back to 2k instead of 1080p... ended up lowering the settings

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    Trizae likes this.
  10. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

CDPR knew internally the game was fucked long before the release date with or without a single dodgy QA company. They knew their old console versions were unplayable and shouldn't be released at all. QA is treated like shit across the industry (it's like how IT is often treated like shit in the wider business community until the lack of give a damn about IT causes a problem for the core function). Staff are treated like how call centre workers are treated in the service industry or how cleaning & support staff are treated. Minimal training, zero care about the employee, disposable (often to the point of regularly firing everyone and starting fresh every 6 to 12 to 18 months), outsourced to the lowest bidder & aren't a real part of the company.

The core issue was CDPR dumping the game out at Christmas because the execs were tired of not getting their bonuses. We sold 10 million pre-orders, I want my $5 million bonus so fuck it, full send, it's the gaming community, they gobble up shit for breakfast and ask for more as long as you have a flashy trailer for the next game. Bugs? Who cares, just keep crunching to get it to a release state.

edit - Oh great, that channel is one of those gamergate alt-right WOKE BORKE channels, now youtube thinks I'm a budding nazi.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    Ck21 likes this.
  11. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Yeah the video does make this point; it doesn't try to shift the blame entirely to the QA company. However in this case they did happen to choose a particularly bad QA company which treats its staff extremely badly and had very shoddy practices.

macktheknife likes this.
  12. Azure-Drued

Azure-Drued Member

On a brighter not the FSR 2.0 Mod Works on my 6700xt.... i have the "DLSS" on Balanced and have noticed a 10% utilization reduction and 15 Degrees Knocked off my GPU, all be it with medium settings, Fog and and Volumetric cloud at High(Raytracing on but no settings selected) with a Frame Cap of 56FPS just to illiminate rise and fall of Frames annoying me.. I have raytracing on but nothing selected because it puts headlight glow on cars frontends and tail lights at night....

EDIT: Later turned Raytracing Shadows on (Both) and GPU Hits 84% Utilization max... Happy Camper.... No Input lag

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  13. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

Do you really need an external QA team to tell you that you shouldn't T-pose and lose your pants when you ride a motorcycle?

macktheknife likes this.
  14. Phalanx

Phalanx Member

Finally finished this yesterday, thought I'd share a few thoughts. TL;DR version, I wouldn't recommend it (even though I finished it).

Pros: Graphics are nice, bugs are pretty much all gone (only ones I had were graphical and NPCs walking through space/getting stuck. Occasional long pause while waiting for some predefined trigger to happen), voice acting is excellent ('cept Keanu). Side missions are varied and interesting. Driving is actually a lot of fun and the cars are very varied. I really enjoyed just riding a fast motorbike around, I'd do that instead of quick jumping between locations. Length of game is good, could probably knock it over in 10 hours just doing the main story, I was a bit over 30 doing all the side missions and my usual way of playing - explore/collect EVERYTHING.

Cons: The whole weapons/crafting/loot/clothing side of it is utter garbage. By the end of the game I had a collection of food/drinks that provided various boosts, but looking through them all to find anything good would take an hour. Weapon crafting is mostly pointless. Just find the best gun you can, throw a couple of upgrades into it and wait until you pickup something better. There's this whole thing around components, schematics, etc, etc but reality is bad guys drop 1,000 guns that you flog for cash and buy upgrades from whichever vendors you can find selling them. Best two guns I got were in the final mission of the game.

Combat becomes a bit dreary after a while, just get a gun with auto aiming bullets and hide behind stuff while peppering the enemy and flinging grenades at them. Playing with a sword is too hard as you're too squishy. Couple of nice bosses though, and at least they patched out the gun that can shoot through walls.

The waiting time on missions is annoying, a lot have 24-48 hour waits. You can skip time in game, so I probably should have used that more. Far too many are "wait for person to contact you" with no time limit and near the end of the game, those pile up.

Main story is unengaging, they've overdone the choices decides the outcome thing so much that it doesn't flow. The ending (there's 5) will only close out one thread, so whichever you pick there won't be a satisfying conclusion to the others. Final mission isn't properly balanced either, so because I was really levelled up from doing all the side missions suddenly I was facing enemies that basically died from me looking at them.

So many interesting parts of the game simply get forgotten, brain dances are a cool concept and the first time you use it you think it'll be a great addition, but that's the only time it's good, there's some average uses of it and then it disappears.

The best side mission, Dream On, ends with no conclusion. Literally the two main characters wind up blocking your phone and stop talking to you without resolving it. I googled if that was due to some decision I made in-game, but nope, that's just the way it goes. Presumably this is a setup for some DLC but it's massively anticlimactic since the story of that is better than the main storyline.

They might of fixed the bugs but IMO they never finished the game.

15. PureFire

PureFire Member

If you were interested in having fun with swords I recommend checking out this video as an example of how to create a build. It sounds like you didnt know about the Sandevistan upgrade, which slows time. Sort of like how some enemy can zip around you real fast.

Phalanx and Trizae like this.
  16. Trizae

Trizae Member

Also the majority of what makes cyberpunk great is actually the sidecontent if you're beelining to the end (as most reviewers do) the game is weaker by comparison if you play and find out what you can do in the world it makes it interesting even with builds but if you're playing at as a action game with fps elements it will seem shallow by comparison.

rg144 likes this.
  17. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

you can't be talking about cyberpunk. you can't get a car into a good slide without spinning out, the physics model is about as basic a script as you can get, the fast cars are slow and for some reason the dinky nomad hatchbacks are fast. The motorbikes are literally as simple as a physicsbody with keep-upright and an add-force vector tied to the key input...

agree.. (along with the rest of your post). I don't get why game devs insist on weapons that spawn with fixed stats. they're only relevant when you pick them up because as soon as you level up from there they're weaker than what enemies are dropping. what's the point of keeping a rare gun and spending resources upgrading it if you're going to find a common junk weapon later which is better in every way? Stupidly, this applies to the legendary weapons too so all they're good for is filling the trophy spaces in your apartment gun locker

rthy, Phalanx and rg144 like this.
  18. Phalanx

Phalanx Member

Very true, but I still found it fun. Some cars drive like utter shite, others are much better. Big rolling landscapes, weaving through traffic in the city, it's a nice part of the gameplay. It's terrible physics and it's definitely no gran turismo but compared to other RPGs with a driving element (like Mass Effect) it's actually fun to drive. Except maybe the car races, which are pretty easy to win without trying very hard.

19. PureFire

PureFire Member

Im currently playing a shotgun build so I will use this to show the benefit of crafted weapons but it also applies to other weapons. On the left is the Headsman shotgun which I crafted at level 17, its iconic and was a schematic/blueprint drop. So I can craft this as many times as I want as I level up because the dps of crafted items increases as I level and when I reach a certain break point for crafting I can then craft the legendary version of this weapon.

In the middle is the average to best weapon that will drop. On the right is the best weapon currently available at vendors. There are other good shotguns in the game, but they arent available at level 17.

The crafted iconic Im using is clearly the better choice with double the projectiles, open slots for upgrades and much better affixes.

In terms of upgrading, where you can incrementally upgrade a weapon or armour piece a small amount at a time, I wont use that until near the end of the game where I have the legendary version. Before that you are wasting components.

[​IMG]

20. Mynamewastaken

Mynamewastaken Member

I'd call some BS on this. I was 90+ hrs in before I tapped out. Still had side jobs and NCPD calls on the map. Unless you weren't counting those? Do agree that the main story itself can be done quite quickly.

Game has come a long way since release and I'm definitely looking forward to a (hopefully) juicy expac.