1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

and racing sims are rolling simulators. Why rag on something if you have no interest in it? There are plenty of other places to be a dick.

Drizz06 likes this.
  2. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

New gen of intolerant who allow devs to make shitty unfinished games.

3. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Excuse me??
    I’ve been a very satisfied customer of CDPR since ‘The Witcher’ and they have yet to release a shitty unfinished game.
    So move along troll no one cares for your crap.

4. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Typical new age mentality, must love and worship something, but any critical thought or deviation is met with hostility.
    The only way to ever get proper masterpieces{and don't make me laugh offering the W3 as one} is to allow rational criticism, however, as soon as someone dares to doubt, the attack dogs strike looking to have me silenced and removed, some of you'd love to have me permanently banned just because I disagree on some aspects of video games.

5. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

I do have an interest, the problem here is YOUR knee jerk reaction to my view/s, and rather than consider a rational discussion, you choose ad hom and the hope for censorship.

6. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member

Game footage already up and release is nowhere in sight. That's how you prepare to launch a game, finish it well before and have a few months to tweak it.

Looks promising.

7. Frag

Frag Member

No offense but you have showed no interest in a discussion of ideas, you simply just trolled and thats it. Don't try and turn it around like you are offering something. I think your line was - "walking simulator". Sure there is walking, its an RPG, RPG's are in fact "walking simulators" thats what its all about. I for one can't wait to be immersed in a huge futuristic sandbox game. Its one of those games where it will take me 10x as long to complete because I will be enjoying my virtual world.

Further, Witcher III is an amazing game from every stand point. Great story, amazing world and lore and just a great game in general. I mean sorry, you can't please everyone.

Contribute an articulate idea/criticism and hey people may take it seriously.

8. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Don't play games champ, I've been round here for over 10years, so calling me a troll makes you look silly.
    Anyway, I'm worried this is one big walking sim leading to endless boring and uneccesary cutscenes, so I need to see more before I'm jumping on any hype train.

The major feature of this game seems to be npc concentration, otherwise I've nothing to convince me its going to be anything sensational or innovative.

9. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Been here longer than you mate, you sound just like a troll, especially bagging W3. The only other option is you just don't like these sort of games, which makes you posting here pointless unless you are trolling.

Like I said before, if you don't like the game, just leave the thread and stop posting opinions no one agrees with.

zeggie likes this.
  10. havabeer

havabeer Member

There's points most definitely seem like you wanted to have a nice open and rational discussion About the games pros and cons.

But your right it's our fault.:rolleyes:

zeggie and the_fuzz like this.
  11. Frag

Frag Member

Well I was here since before the first database wipe in Nov 2001, doesn't make a iota of difference in the way I approach a discussion (I lie, obviously a tiny bit more grown up hhaa)

See if you had said that first, it would have been interpreted much better. Personally CDPR is my favourite current developer for many reasons, main one being they are focused on the end product more than deadlines. They love their community not for the money but for the love of the games they produce - again they are behind GoG as well right.

The main reason I am hyped is I grew up on Cyber Punk (I did Computer Science in the 90's so that was a big part of it too), i love the genre more than any other and knowing CDPR is the developer I know I will like their product as I have faith in their ability to produce. Witcher III is testament to their ability to build magical worlds, so with that in mind Cyberpunk 2077 will be a halo game for me. I can't comment on cut scenes etc but I don't mind cut scenes at all as long as they are used to build atmosphere or develop characters without impeding the pacing etc.

I suggest if you haven't already read some classic cyberpunk such as William Gibsons Neuromancer (or most of his work other than a couple recent ones), or "Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep" read it and then think about running around that world! Am I hyped, yes sir. I was hyped when the first cut scene was shown a few years ago but now we are getting close maybe within 12 months so yeah lets see where it goes.

Rubberband likes this.
  12. Azer1234

Azer1234 Member

Its pretty annoying that most these threads (well at least star citizen and this one) are pages upon pages of people arguing. Im sure most of us check these threads for updates n shit but most of the time its just people bickering over dumb shit.

Anyway, I heard these devs looked at deus ex and said 'pfft, we can do it better'. If thats the case then how do i throw them my money?

Deus ex could have been great but it was rushed and g rated, whereas these devs seem like they dont give a fuk and they are taking their time. Lookin forward to it.

Ck21, Unframed, NismoR31 and 3 others like this.
  13. Frag

Frag Member

Its a forum, its designed to be a platform for discussion of ideas etc. Usually the first post gets updated with relevant info by OP

14. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

I'm not trying to censor anyone. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but ffs the game's nowhere near a release and you're paying it out from a 15 min press demo, and trying to do it without any base of fact or substance. All comments are clearly aimed at trolling and you haven't even attempted to justify anything until people started pulling you up on your shitty comments. As I said before, there are plenty of other places you can go to be a dick. You're one of the reasons I don't hang out a lot here. Not because you disagree with me, but purely your attitude to doing so.

15. DIRT

DIRT Member

Nah, you're just an arsehole.

This developer has made good enjoyable games for many years and may of us are extremely interested in their newest offering. Especially given the world it is set in.

zeggie likes this.
  16. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

First time and possibly last time I'll see witcher 3 referred to as a bad game. That alone shows how koo koo he is.

zeggie, yaphax and the_fuzz like this.
  17. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

If you could go back to discussing the game instead of each other that'd be great.

Utetopia, zeggie, jpw007 and 7 others like this.
  18. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

That was a perfect post for the "office space" meme.... wasted opportunity

walker_2003 likes this.
  19. zeggie

zeggie Member

Agreed.

I've been burned with preorders the last few years, but CD PROJEKT RED are getting my money the very second I can order this. I reckon it will be brilliant, just look at W3!

20. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member