Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

2. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

april 16, 2020...ok

3. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Oh wow Reeves is actually in the game? i thought they just hired a named actor, who probably doesn't care about games, to just get on stage and say a bunch of lines.

4. chook

chook Member

CDPR have said that he is playing Johnny Silverhand which is incredible and no bit part at all. Johnny is the iconic Rockerboy character from the tabletop RPG. In the backstory, his ex-girlfriend Alt Cunningham created the first programme that allowed the mind to be downloaded into the Net. One of the in game megacorps, Arasaka, ended up killing her but her mind escaped into the Net. She can be seen in the window of the original 2013 trailer for the game.

5. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

The concept of playing/enjoying games and comments better than "dur hurr STIs and tits" are not mutually exclusive. A person doesn't have to be a dribbling idiot manchild to enjoy a complex entertainment genre (statistics say most gamers are not the "dribbling manchild" demographic, despite their prevalence on online communities). Anyways, offtopic. I don't want to pollute this thread any more with my continued and growing disappointment of users in these forums. There are enough threads on that already.

The trailers released so far look amazing, and there are a few seconds of gameplay footage in the larger XBox reveal that show off a smidge of the combat. And now we've got a release date, so that's something we can all be thankful for. I've wanted a high quality complex non-military FPS for years (more or less since Half-Life 2), and the market has been fairly disappointing in that regard (a few standouts, but not to the level I expected). This is the first FPS title in an age that's really gotten my attention.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    Unframed, okclock123 and PsychoSmiley like this.
  6. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

He announces the release date on stage at E3, and the crowd went nuts.

April 16th, 2020

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    Sanity_Smith likes this.
  7. chook

chook Member

I am actually seriously contemplating booking a week of annual leave now. This might be some kind of indication that I have a problem.

Drizz06 likes this.
  8. asho444

asho444 Member

why? people book off a week to go fishing.
    different strokes for different folks

9. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

+1 I've booked leave for games many times before.. and fishing.. and to do nothing at all

10. PureFire

PureFire Member

Looks amazing so far. The gameplay better be just as good or fans are gonna be so pissed with all the hype.

11. chook

chook Member

Yeah, some how I see gaming as shirking my adult responsibilities though. Really it is just a way to take a break and recharge my batteries but I always feel guilty for some reason.

12. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Meh, not enough hookers

13. BuD

BuD Member

14. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

$429 Collectors edition now sold out at JB.

15. havabeer

havabeer Member

my body is ready for this....

my computer is not.

16. okclock123

okclock123 Member

I don't think this means anything 10 months prior to the release, but yes PC collector editions sold out on both EB Games and JB Hi-Fi. Xbox and PS4 versions are still available everywhere. Official pre-order site says "coming soon" to Amazon, Big W, Gamesmen, and Harvey Norman https://www.cyberpunk.net/au/en/pre-order

17. chook

chook Member

The core rulebook for Cyberpunk 2020 is going for around USD160 on eBay I have seen lately too. Makes me happy I paid about AUD20 for it 25 odd years ago :).

18. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

It’s crazy expensive but it will be one of those collectors editions that does sell out early!
    Except for maybe the xbox copies they tend to hang around for a while.

19. okclock123

okclock123 Member

Just a scammy seller. The books are still in print and for sale for much cheaper on the official talsorian site as well as ebay worldwide. Its also listed as “coming soon” on gamesmen and a pdf will be included with the gog digital version for free.

20. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

CDPR copped a bit of flack recently for their financials, but it's pretty clear where it's all going.

They announced that there's 400 people working on this game alone (not including their other games or services like GoG), and that they've dropped a cool 264 million Polish złoty (around AUD $100 mill) on just R&D alone in the last 12 months.

Everyone criticising the costs are looking pretty short term. If this title does what it promises (and given their success with Witcher 3, I can't see why not), the return should be great. Pretty exciting stuff from a non-US game development team.

Spyder6052, BuD, 8MadDog8 and 3 others like this.