Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

that's a big collectors edition / overpriced dust magnet / paper weight.

AUD$90 on GOG.com for your digital copy.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    Flamin Joe likes this.
  2. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

I agree. I'm over the modern Collectors Edition scene. Every game they are just looking to out do each with over the top extras and the price is climbing with it. No thanks.

3. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Best bit about this was the bloke who shouted "You're breathaking!" back at Keanu.

Unframed and XanaTos like this.
  4. havabeer

havabeer Member

"No you are"

Yep and the rest are just crappy trinkets like pins, magnets and key chains to bolster the list of things you get

I remember homeworld coming with a 50 page back story novel with pictures etc. Just because, no collectors edition required. One of the only things I don't like about the digital push for gaming is the lack of game boxes and the effort some companies put into them.

Flamin Joe and PsychoSmiley like this.
  5. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=globaltopsellers

This already being a global top seller is probo - game isn't out for a year, all pre-ordering does is tell the company they can get a fuck load of money without actually delivering a product. I reckon Cyberpunk will be great, but we can't be sure until it is released, its not out for a year. Amazing what sticking a beloved actor in the mix can do for your marketting eh?

6. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

At least with GoG you can download the installer and keep it offline thanks to their DRM-free policy.

So as much as it's "digital", it's not DRM nor platform restricted. I think that makes GoG as good as a "physical release", when it comes to being able to access the game in the future where the company that provided it may or may not be still in business.

But yeah, no sexy box or other goodies.

Drizz06 likes this.
  7. kreegor

kreegor Member

I'm definitely getting this on GoG :)

8. Unframed

Unframed Member

Thank Namco-Bandai distribution for the price. Thanks to that whole shitfight with the Witcher 2 they have to sell on par with physical releases.

9. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

As long as they aren't region locked you can typically get the keys from key sites for around half aussie RRP

10. riccoo

riccoo Member

time to upgrade to a 4080TTII to run this game

11. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

Minimum specs for the game was leaked recently and you don't need anywhere near that sort of horsepower to run the game at medium settings. Of course you'd need better for maximum settings @ 4K res and whatnot.

12. Mynamewastaken

Mynamewastaken Member

Day One Edition of the game is only $79 at JB and includes some physical and digital goodies with it.

Only a download code for the game itself. Can't really find info on whether that's for GOG or Steam though.

Interesting that the Collector's has sold out on PC yet plenty on PS4 and Xbox available. Master Race prevails. :)

13. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Will probably be mid 60s aud for a physical copy on amazon when orders open up

14. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

Steam preorder is $89.95, I think it comes with some basic digital game art.

15. chook

chook Member

Apparently there will be no physical version or collector's edition available for US purchasers.

EDIT: Making sentences is hard :(.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  16. riccoo

riccoo Member

17. rireland

rireland Member

Interesting that they have gone for the generic game dude as the marketing representation for the game rather than something more unique. Wonder if that comes from the devs used to a strongly identifiable main character or playing it safe with a new ip.

18. okclock123

okclock123 Member

Maybe for Ultra settings 4K RTX yes. But take into account it comes out on PS4 and XBONE too. You will probably be able to play it on 1060 3G even if you tone it down a little bit and switch to 1080p.

19. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

I was chatting to a friend who moved to Iceland quite a few years ago, and he was stunned at the price of our digital Sony PSN games here. In Iceland they're a fraction of the price of physical games, and make total sense to buy for games that you feel a bit "meh" about.

Turns out with almost zero physical distribution agreements over there, digital prices are set sensibly. When I showed him games here that cost around 4 time as much once currency and cost-of-living converted, he was pretty gob smacked.

Maybe it was done on purpose to convince people to bother with the character customisation. The more boring the default character, the more likely people will be to put the effort into fiddling with the look?

RDR2 was interesting for me, even with a fairly static character - by the end of the game my character looked nothing like screenshots due just to clothes and hair style. To the point where I almost couldn't recognise screenshots of the game for a while. A few journos talked about it too.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  20. Sankari

Sankari Member

What have we done to deserve this man?

Spyder6052 and Drizz06 like this.