Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

or realise in FPS games 1440 looks not much worse and you get double the FPS.

4k suxxxxxxxx (coz tech hasnt caught up)

1440 144hz > 4k 60hz*

*in shooters etc, RTS 4K is nice.

zeggie and ChinoPD like this.
  2. power

power Member

The thread title says it all really, "Witcher 2" devs.

We've waited this long, and we all know CDPR can deliver.

chook and Drizz06 like this.
  3. Frag

Frag Member

I'm sure pre-orders and people buying games on day 0 without reading reviews does allow give them confidence in just releasing but its more the day 0 patch, and patch as you go, fix bugs and then DLCs... This cycle has just got out of control, blame is publisher over dev in most cases.... they dont deliver on time they lose $XXX and have penalty etc etc.. Its big business now so we can't do anything other than vote with our wallets.

4. boneburner

boneburner Member

ehh - it's almost part and parcel of the entertainment industry. Back in the >decade redacted< I'd often shell out a pretty penny for an album, only to get home and find out it was shit. Or see a recent hollywood blockbuster *cough*star wars*cough* and find out it was shit - or books, plays.. the list is endless. It's just the nature of the industry.

This is amusing because Bethesda got slapped so hard over the Fallout76 fiasco - so you have to be in a whole new category of awful to have legal action taken over entertainment "content"

5. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

CDPR have proven they delay for good reason. I'm happy to wait as long as required for this to reach their high standards.

6. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Just hope the cdpr devs don't crunch too hard to do the spit and polish on Cyberpunk 2077.
    Yeah the fact the game is technically "playable" but not up to the dev's standards is good.
    Looking forward to the eventual release in September.

7. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I just hope it’s a smooth quality 1st person experience and not janky arse controls.

8. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Pretty sure the pc version will be optimised for keyboard & mouse. I think it will be interesting to see what cp2077 will look like on the ps5 and xsex.

terroristone likes this.
  9. Foliage

Foliage Member

Personally I'm glad for the delay, means a better quality product.

10. PRiME2007

PRiME2007 Member

1440p does not scale well on 4k screens because its a factional value, you get smudging. 1080P looks crisper on 2160p but obviously fails due to jaggy edges all over the place.

I'm a master customizer/optimizer so I could probably make 2077 work at 4k with 50fps sort of average, lots of INI config tweaking and messing around. BUT I don't need to worry about it anytime soon.

Today I found an amazing deal on a ultra fast 2TB NVMe for $225USD inc shipping, couldn't believe my eyes!

11. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

Duke Nukem was almost 15 years overdue and scrapped to start twice.

12. PRiME2007

PRiME2007 Member

Yeah DNF was basically developed in 6-12month period by GearBox was it? 15years was 3drealms drug induced coma period, nothing was really done during those years!

Basically DNF absolutely MURDERED the franchise, like how FO76 has probably murdered the fallout franchise going forward.

13. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Most regrettable purchase that one. I still remember the disappointment as if it was yesterday, less than a minute into the initial gameplay.

14. zeggie

zeggie Member

I'm actually very happy for the delay. I wouldn't have been able to play it then, heading away for work for 2 months around then and didn't want to attempt/suffer playing it on a laptop lol.

15. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I am talking about not buying a silly 4k panel* and getting a 1440 144hz and enjoying a much more realistic fluid movement then 50fps judder/stutter fest with horrible 20ms frametimes :sick:

4K has its place, especially at 32" or over or as a TV or secondary panel for adventure games or for RTS, but at 27" 1440p 144hz in FPS games is heaven.

Of course this is just my opinion, but if yours differs, your wrong :p

16. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

I think 4k 60+fps will be the norm with the upcoming gpus for pcs. GIven that the next gen consoles have the equivalent of rtx2070 and can alledgedly push 4k @ 60fps.

17. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

New rumour is that CP2077 delay is due to the balls x box one performance.
    Which isn't that surprising given how ambitious the game is. I'm wondering how many dvds would be needed for the game.

18. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Serves them right for not just doing PC only and waiting for next gen to port.

19. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Not CDPR's fault as MS and Sony don't announce their launch date of next gen consoles to 3rd party developers and they would have begun development on this game
    around 5 or more years ago.
    CDPR would be in tough spot since if they don't do current gen consoles they would miss out on a lot of sales from that market.
    It's just bad timing that both next gen consoles are launching the same year as CP2077.

I'm willing to bet that neither console maker sent CDPR a dev kit either so now they're probably scrambling to see if they can port to next gen.

macktheknife likes this.
  20. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah 4k 144hz will become the norm eventually but I won't touch it as the visual difference at 27" (my fav monitor size) isn't big enough to justify halving fps.