1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

That kind of promo takes ages to get approved. Need to get CEOs and marketing approval from both sides, figure out exactly what you're going to do and prepare it.

2077 is still 7 months away, more than enough time for a 30xx launch to take place especially if the rumours are true that there's going to be an announcement next month.

2. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Game has passed thru Aussie classification board uncensored which I’m honestly surprised it did.

FuzwaldQO, Agg and elvis like this.
  3. power

power Member

they did give it an R18+ though.

4. asho444

asho444 Member

Which is what it is for, heavy drug use and wild amounts of nudity along with sex scenea in a movie is generally r18.

Glad to see they are finally using it appropriately!

NismoR31 and elvis like this.
  5. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

That's a good thing! The average Aussie gamer is 34 years old, and there needs to be a more obvious collection of adult games with adult ratings to raise up community awareness that this is no different to any other media containing adult content for consenting adults.

Now all that needs to happen is that this is enforced at point of sale. No more EB Games letting 12 year olds walk out with a copy of GTA5. The onus here is on parents to be (a) not stupid and (b) give a shit.

Spyder6052 likes this.
  6. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Even with 18+ drug use is generally a No No.
    Very glad it has passed thou. I am however pretty disappointed how quiet this thread is!

7. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I remember when GTA5 launched I was in the que at JBHiFI that went out the door and it was full of primary age kids with there mummy’s buying preordered copies.

8. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Makes me so mad. These morons that think every video game and cartoon is for kids only, and thus perfect safe for their little precious.

If only parenting required a license.

chook and FuzwaldQO like this.
  9. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Are games still being denied classification with the r18+ allowance they now have? Unreal.

On a side note I really hope this game comes out of the box with good ultrawide support. TW3 was pretty good but still needed a community fix for cutscenes (and that has some annoying bugs like lips not always moving). I am thiiiis close to just giving up and going back to a 4k monitor due to the flaky support but when it does work it's pretty spectacular.

10. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Drug use itself fine with the new classification it's the context in which it's used or the combination of drug use and sex/violence that causes a problem. I was expecting this to not meet the R classification because of the combination of elements.

11. asho444

asho444 Member

I think it also has to do with the drug names. I remember fallout 3 was denied classification until it changed morphine to stimpack and a few others. Appears they went into this smart to avoid these issues.

12. power

power Member

sorry i didn't mean to make that sound like a bad thing.

elvis and asho444 like this.
  13. BuD

BuD Member

YES now i can buy the game instead of other means if content was cencored

14. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

Baby bonus generation wont meet these criteria

15. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

I'm trying not to out-hype myself :lol:

Spyder6052 and Drizz06 like this.
  16. chook

chook Member

I am pretty sure that if the drug has has any "positive" effect without a "negative" consequence then it is still bad, mkay.

There is still a category, as such, called RC; Refused Classification. There is a list of things that are automatically RC and most of them are pretty normal.

EDIT: Ah, before that gets out of hand, by normal, I mean the normal kind of things one would expect to find on a list of things we don't need to watch.

Drugs are a HUGE part of Cyberpunk. In the Cyberpunk 2020 rule book it talks about this:
    upload_2020-5-10_12-49-52.png

Pretty much me too. I have my preorder done (something I never do), two weeks of leave booked starting the day before release and a clear two weeks in my calendar. I have told everyone I know to just go away for that two weeks because I don't want to know them (except the one friend who is doing the same thing as me so we decided to do it in the same house since we played Cyberpunk 2020 together as teenagers). My hope is that it will actually be 3:00am and that I won't know where my meat body is.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  17. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

18. kreegor

kreegor Member

Here's the actual footage if you want to just see it without all the extra talk

chook and jjjc_93 like this.
  19. chook

chook Member

Super sweet.

Ordered my new oven today and the friend who is coming to stay at my place for the first two weeks of launch while we have our leave have started getting the recipes together for everything we will need to put in the pantry and fridge. Two weeks of man-child coming right up.

20. havabeer

havabeer Member

Wheres my 3080ti

macktheknife likes this.