Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. Frag

Frag Member

Only time I notice it is when I look at this thread otherwise personally I havent had too much. Obviously a lot of peeps are excited as we are so close to completion and I guess they have had some speculation pointed at them with regards to the state of the game etc.

I know I'm buying it, I may actually break my no pre-order rule just for this game as I think for the first time in my life, I will take a couple days off post release :p This game has been a wet dream of mine for so damn long (I grew up on cyberpunk)

2. Straferight

Straferight Member

I agree and have only seen bits and pieces. It seems to be a very American thing to show too much before release (thinking about their movie trailers), though they did say this trailer is only the prologue.

I really want to buy a 3080 or 3080ti/3090 to play this, lets hope they release around the same time. DLSS 2.0 looks amazing too.

3. power

power Member

i read a lot of games media and there is TONS of 2077 coverage, gameplay etc. too much i feel.

worth noting the are polish not american :)

I know some people will like the volume of stuff out there, i can only assume this is a part of their pre-order push.

4. asho444

asho444 Member

I would say at the moment they are only showing off the equivalent of the white orchid from Witcher 3.

I think it's a good idea, they would have put a fair few people off by pushing it back but by showing off some gameplay and reviews your keeping the interest at a fever pitch.

5. power

power Member

oh true, and i assume marketing would still be on the original release schedule now the poor buggers have to keep the hype train rolling for a few more months.

6. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Yeah the old gameplay footage was enough for me. I'm reluctant to watch more despite the apparent complexity and length of the game.

7. Frag

Frag Member

I agree with your statement but I find it so damn frustrating. As a community we scream for games to come out polished, where things work from day 1 and our experience is flawless. Yet, when developers embrace this and try and do the right thing by us and ensure we can be as close to this state as possible you get community blow back. I've seen negative comments on the project because of this... Heck, this latest setback can probably be attributed to Covid alone.

Its ready, when its ready (TM) is the motto!

8. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Looking good so far. Since I have no intention of playing this immediately upon release, I won't be self restricting at media as I've done with very few rare games (TLOU PII being the most recent one).

9. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

I'm the same. The only news I get about the game is from this thread. I don't go looking for news about it for the reasons that have been mentioned.
    Similar thinking here. I won't be doing it for release because I don't want to book holidays then find out it's delayed again lol. But once it's out and I can get it, I'll book a few days as soon as I can and get into it. Hopefully after I have a 30** graphics card.

10. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

I don't think my wood can get any woodier for this game. It looks better every time i get a new glimpse.

11. PureFire

PureFire Member

Apparently the new trailer doesn't have ray tracing enabled, so it should look a lot better with all the cool lighting they used in the environments when its ready for release.

12. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Probably didn't want to release a 720p trailer :Pirate:

13. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

They did say earlier on that the sheer range of possible story arcs meant that they could show a lot and still be non-spoliery.

Buuuut do we believe them?

14. chook

chook Member

I watched the Night City Wire and they said that everything they showed in that was part of the prologue which I am cool with but I have decided to just chill now and avoid it for the next five months. The fact that this game is actually shorter than W3 disappoints me but they are saying the way the story goes means that it has more replayability. Only time will tell.

What has been disappointing me lately is that all of these amazing "new information" things have no new information at all. I am trying to be careful here because given that I have been invested in the lore of this setting for 30 years I may have a very skewed perspective. Even what appears to be the core story about Johnny Silverhand looking for some "immortality" chip is quite stale. It was invented by his girlfriend Alt Cunningham after Arasaka kidnapped her. She used it to download herself into the Arasaka mainframe to get away from them. Johnny tried to rescue her but Adam Smasher (the full 'borg conversion they showed in the video) killed him. Coincidently, just at that moment Militech nuked the Arasaka building wiping out all the evidence and the Arasaka mainframe. All that happened in 2020 so I am unsure how that works in the 2077 storyline except that perhaps Adam Smasher was rebuilt given the only meat he has left is his brain and in full 'borg conversions that is usually super well protected.

I am still hyped for the game because to see Night City brought to life like this is going to be great. What I need to do is disconnect from the media barrage that is going on because I fear that I will perhaps misinterpret some of the things they have as being more rehashing and what I should do is just enjoy it as I play it.

EDIT: If you go back to the original trailer, the lady in the window of the shop is Alt Cunningham.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  15. havabeer

havabeer Member

Which trailer has more keanu?

16. chook

chook Member

The one linked above has several seconds of him.

17. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I am gonna stream the hell out of this game :D

18. 7nothing

7nothing Member

"Now set to release on November 19, the first-person open-world action sci-fi RPG, from the creators of The Witcher 3 and CD Projekt Red, sees you playing in the dystopian futuristic Night City"

Hardcore gamers at newscorp enjoyed the hell out of "CD Projekt Red" and can't wait for the sequel "bluray projekt blue" to be released on gamestation VII

macktheknife and chook like this.
  19. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Story/Narrative given games are actually terrible to stream, there are A LOT of people who will not watch it due to spoilers.

ni9ht_5ta1k3r likes this.
  20. Major Neb

Major Neb Member

I'm starting to get my teenage William Gibson hardon back....... :p