1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

meh, if it's fun then i don't care :D

2. terroristone

terroristone Member

will they being doing a VR version for this?

Nethiuz likes this.
  3. chook

chook Member

They are adding that later once someone invents the Ihara-Grubb Transformation Algorithms and interface plugs.

4. power

power Member

those fools!

https://www.destructoid.com/stories...de-but-cdpr-hopes-you-dig-deeper-595915.phtml

Drizz06 likes this.
  5. sparz14

sparz14 Member

I've been watching the gameplay vids.... this game looks very lacklustre. Lacks NPCs, voice acting is horrible and doesn't sync with their actions, melee combat is meh, gunplay looks boring (it's just non stop spray and reload), enemy AI is lacking, driving on road and off road looks the same. I dunno, not a game ill be pre-ordering.

6. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I have to agree, I've seen the same video.

I think it might be an enjoyable game, but I think there is going to be a lot of disappointment for all the hype around this game.

7. power

power Member

for interest sake what was your opinion of TW3?

8. havabeer

havabeer Member

Enjoy the "lack luster" game play from a horrible yellow colored chair! Can you hear that, off in the distance, its th hype train a coming

[​IMG]

Also i mean the yellow colour is horrible, im sure the chairs are great.

Nethiuz likes this.
  9. simontifik

simontifik Member

Gotta say I’m not very excited for Cyberpunk now too. I loved the Witcher 3 and since playing it have been reading the books and watching the TV series. It’s made me realise what I love about the Witcher games is the setting, characters, lore etc. What CD Projekt Red managed to was translate some great books into a great video game. I’m not so sure they’ll manage the same with an 80s table top RPG as the source material.

10. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Got this email, it's kinda bumblebee ish.. I have the Titan Chair it is damn great but i wouldn't ever go that leather, always cracks after years, get the softweave!

Cyberpunk 77 is looking alright but i don't like single player games, however i am interested because they have a massive multiplayer xpac planned for 2021.

11. havabeer

havabeer Member

I guess its one of those things where you have to rememeber this isnt the witcher but in the future.

It has big boots to fill and everyone might be putting too high expectations of it being the pinicle of video gaming. I think it'll be a great game on its own merits

12. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

A lot of this 'merch' 'integration' stuff could work equally for Deus Ex

13. chook

chook Member

I think there are a few interesting things impacting expectations for this game. In "the west" The Witcher was a mostly unknown property so it was amazing and new. CDPRR could set expectations with The Witcher and control things a bit more.

With Cyberpunk CDPR have a few more challenges. There are fans in the western market who have been familiar with it for over 30 years (myself and a few others here) so our expectations are pretty high given the years of investment. Additionally (for us at least) there is the expectation built by the brilliance of The Witcher. I think the second reason is probably one that impacts more broadly as table top RPG's were decidedly "uncool" until the rise of computer gamin over the last 10 - 15 years.

Put both of them together and there are a lot of people who have very high expectations and are going to howl blue bloody murder if the game doesn't live up to those expectations. In many ways I would be shitting myself if I was CDPR. I suspect that, like performing artists, they have pretty thick skins but at the same time they are still humans who go to work hoping to do a good job.

RnR likes this.
  14. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I think you're overestimating the size of the Cyberpunk fanbase. Far more people would be familiar with the genre but not the specifics, the same as the Witcher series is familiar to fantasy RPG players despite not knowing the specifics of lore. The Cyberpunk fans would be a small minority, the vocal ones would be a blip on the sales charts. That's not to say they'll be ignoring them and doing whatever the fuck they want.

15. power

power Member

if I was gonna buy some cheesy chair, it'd be that Tyrell Corp one that Shaun Micallef has. Now that's classy and Cyberpunk as hell.

upload_2020-7-3_11-12-8.png

16. chook

chook Member

I understand what you are saying but I don't over estimate the fan base of the RPG itself. Shadowrun was always the more popular of the two main games in that genre with Cyberspace from ICE coming a fairly distant third. Of the people who played RPG's in the 1980's and 1990's most had heard of Cyberpunk but perhaps not played it.

As a proportion of the entire market for RPG's (both tabletop and computer) now, then yes it is a very small percentage but I would put it to you that until the first Witcher game from CDPR most of the western world, even those interested in the genre, had never heard of the setting, sadly myself included.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  17. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

If you ask Genpop you might be surprised by how many people haven't heard of blade runner... fucking blade runner. Let alone a littler franchise like cyberpunk

Drizz06, DangerMaus and Sankari like this.
  18. Frag

Frag Member

I don't think the actual RPG game system will be the draw card, certainly not in my case.. Cyberpunk setting in general is the draw card regardless of which RPG system it was based on. I grew up on William Gibson books but never played the RPG or really gave it a second thought... After I finish my current book

Its an RPG set in a futuristic city thats all that there really is to it. Its not a FPS so really never going to have any expectations on that, I just want to enjoy the world and hopefully have enough activities to keep me interested in exploring it. I never finished Witcher 3 though I easily spent 100+ hours in it, and most of that was free roaming, picking up side quests and generally having a bit of fun; if CP2077 is anywhere near as free roam as w3 was, I'll be happy as.

<--- William Gibsons Neuromancer in 5:50 abridged format read by the author :)

19. power

power Member

If I can wander the neon lit streets at night and just soak in the atmosphere this game will have done it's job. If it's an action movie all the time - not so much.

ChinoPD and Drizz06 like this.
  20. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

The boss fights in Deus Ex HR were gaming perfection :)

James086 likes this.