Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I feel the same way.

2. zoki_007

zoki_007 Member

3. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Is it just me or does this look crap? I don't get the hype.
    Definitely waiting for release reviews before touching.

4. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Yes I agree.

It looks like a standard shooter game with some shoehorned driving elements.

Potentially the story will be good which will make it worth playing, but the game doesn't seem special to me.

I was originally imagining a futuristic GTA 5, but this is missing all the great open world elements of that (at least from what I've seen)

Nethiuz likes this.
  5. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Also missing any form of Multiplayer or Co-Op which i really need in a game, i know this means nothing to a lot of people so i won't put it down for that. Just the gameplay videos i've seen left no wow factor and sometimes the characters looked worse graphics than GTA V. Also no real open world is a shame.
    Happy to be proven wrong.

6. bart5986

bart5986 Member

As I've become older Coop or Multiplayer means a lot more now, either that or it needs to be a very good single player game.

Nethiuz likes this.
  7. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I really don't think there is a "lack" of open world elements, we know from the 4 hour demo write ups that there are main & side quests, and multiple "mini quests" for doing things like catching criminals, there are places to train, upgrade shops (clothing, body mods, cyber mods, weapons) as well as a lot of internal spaces like the braindance/strip clubs.

I would say the whole "driving" thing is going to function a lot more like horses do in Skyrim or Witcher 3 where they are means to get to a point on the map, and then you get out and do your missions on foot.

The major quests we know function with a lot more choice & use of your RPG elements than anything GTA has ever done.

8. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

I can see how people compare this to GTA based off visual similarities however I think that’s where the comparison ends.

I would love a MP element too but it’s just not that type of game.

9. bart5986

bart5986 Member

In my opinion a good open world game has a lively or interesting world that you can explore and enjoy.

GTA, Skyrim, Kingdom Come, even watch dogs.

The gameplay we've seen so far looks a lot like there is nothing fun to do unless you are doing quests, the world looks quite uninteresting and dead.

I hope i'm wrong though.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  10. Frag

Frag Member

Dunno, looks pretty decent to me..
    I certainly see where people get the GTA5 references but lets see.. To me the setting is awesome, the world looks amazing.. I am sure there will be lots to do, they have still plenty of Polish (excuse the pun) to put on it :)

11. asho444

asho444 Member

Multi player is coming as a dlc late in the year or early next!

whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  12. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

For me as I'm becoming older coop or MP means nothing to me. I don't have time for keeping up with the Jones' in that regard so I take SP because I can control the pace also the when and the how.

This will change as my circumstances shift but my current point in life I'm happy to indulge in only SP games and MP can just fuck off.

CP2077 looks like a glorious time to wander around and soak everything up. Basically game play wise if it's a super sized version of Deus Ex then I'll be happy.

heller44 and James086 like this.
  13. James086

James086 Member

As always, I haven't pre-ordered, but this is what I'm looking for.

The side quests in Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Mankind Divided were fantastic for world building. You learn about the problems of the society and while some of them are either fetch quests, most have a little more to them. For example, you meet the aggrieved party and that starts the quest but it's rarely as simple as just good and bad. I don't even mind that some are fetch quests because the story surrounding them is so interesting. Really made me feel like there's more going on in the world.

14. havabeer

havabeer Member

i'm kind of in the opposite at the moment, young family takes up heaps of time. Multiplayer ONLY games become much more appealing as you can just jump in and play a few rounds when ever. It can be a few days or a week before i sit down and really sink some time into a good single player game and by that time i've forgotten whats going on. I'll still do my best with this though.

I still think people are riding the huge hype train and have built it up as something its not

15. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Funny how we're in the same boat but have different takes. I can't do MP because I don't like to bail mid-game because the lad wakes up and needs to soothed. SP games I can hit pause or put the PS4 in rest mode and come back when I'm done and it's exactly where I left off.

And as crap as I am I'm very competitive, so unless I give MP all my effort I don't want to bother.

16. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Fair enough, I was more talking about the social element, for the time I do have, I want to spent it with friends, so thats generally in a video game!

17. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

With a little one on the way in a couple of months, who the fuck knows what time I'll have to play... I'm guessing sweet fuck all lol.

18. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Congrats! For me my gaming time reduced from 3-4 hours a day down to maybe 5 hrs for the whole week

Largely depends on your partner and of course how fussy baby is

Also... when are we gonna update the title for this thread :Pirate:

whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  19. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Yeah depends on the child honestly, but in the beginning they're pretty easy as they don't do much and are easy to manage. I would say work out a system with your partner ASAP to when/how you do your time and vice versa. Our lad is now 11 months and is an uncontainable wriggling mass of energy who needs constant supervision.

I play maybe 1-1.5 hours every other day as I try to give myself a break day between so wife and I can watch shows together and not just have me glued to a screen in a very anti-social manner. CP2077 will be a long slog in this case.

The only MP game I'm constantly itching to play is Heroes of the Storm, but that's because pre-child my wife and I played it daily together and also on weekends with friends overseas. I don't play it much unless the time is organised with my wife and/or online friends and that may be a couple of hours once every few weeks when things align properly. I don't play it on my own because solo queue sucks and I honestly enjoy playing it with my wife and I don't want to be binging on something she can't indulge in at the same frequency.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    zoki_007 and whatdoesthisdo like this.
  20. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

I don't really see the GTA comparisons tbh. I'd say it's more of an open world yet story driven Deus Ex remake.

macktheknife likes this.