Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. FOXH0UND

FOXH0UND Member

What was wrong with it? It was pretty much like the first Witcher.

2. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

I will be happy if it plays like Deus Ex HR...

And as for the Witcher 2, that game was awesome... Much more refined than Witcher 1... yes gameplay style was a bit different.

Have you played it since the latest update? They've made many many changes.

3. kreegor

kreegor Member

Mike Pondsmith has a fantastic voice! I'd love to hear him do some voice acting in the game or even the Witcher 3

I think Witcher 2 game play was better. It felt more real and more interactive especially the combat.

4. OP
    OP
    Philll

Philll Member

How?

In TW2 you roll around to no end while stabbing people in the back

In TW1 you had to use different styles while timing hits

How are they alike at all?

Both games have pretty average combat tbh, not that it's stopped me, but instead of improving on the first game it feels like they just nerfed it for gamepads

5. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Is it me or are all the Unreal engines just looking more or less the same? Same colour scheme, same looking assets, same architecture, just the same. To be honest I'm more impressed by the Samaritan demo.

6. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

rolling around to stab someone in the back is not the same as the original. all that was done to make it easier for consoles.

what i didn't like was QTE combos. Its frustrating and adds nothing to the enjoyment/immersion.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  7. Desert_Runner

Desert_Runner Member

I disliked the QTE's as well so I just set them to "easy" mode so I didn't have to do much when they came around.

8. OP
    OP
    Philll

Philll Member

I've never seen a TW2 QTE, I turned them off ;)

9. kreegor

kreegor Member

10. Lichking

Lichking Member

+! for the Samaritan demo..that blew me away first time I saw it...:tongue:

Watching this game closely....didn't mind Witcher but never saddled up for the second. There's an Original game of this? Pardon my ignorance but I was probably still hooked up to the playstation 1&2.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  11. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I should replay TW2, it wasnt possible to turn off at release. Stuck at one of the monster boss encounters cause my hands cant keep up with button mashing. @#$@#!K!!!!

12. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

The Samaritan Tech demo was made on the unreal engine

13. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

I know it was and it still has that look, but The Samaritan has more visual pop to me than the Elemental demo.

14. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

It did look cool, sadly I have a friend working at Epic and he's told me it was just a tech demo and there is no actual game based on it in the works.

15. Lichking

Lichking Member

Saw this is available to pre order at EB games :confused:

I thought I read somewhere that the game was shelved but maybe not which would be good because I want to play it I think.

16. power

power Member

bit of leaky, leaky news.

Cyberpunk 2077 will be even bigger than The Witcher 3

Knowing just how big TW3 was, this statement fills me with equal parts dread and excitement - I cannot fathom a Cyberpunk game that's bigger than the world of TW3.

I'm guessing it's still a long way off so those EB pre-orders from 2014 will be waiting a while!

17. PRiME2007

PRiME2007 Member

Perhaps their factoring in that in Cyberpunk there is ALLOT of vertical going on in the world, whereas in Witcher 3 it was mostly a horizontal world (no tall buildings to explore, or roofs etc..).

This is what they said about Fallout 4, has allot more going on in the vertical, hence its horizontal area is smaller then Skyrim but overall traversable surface is larger.

18. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Fuck em, anyone who orders an announced game with no confirmed released date or even gameplay trailer gets what they deserve.

Fuck EB as well for chucking up pre-orders for games the second they're announced.

19. power

power Member

Well yes absolutely, but before now the possibility of doing this just hasn't existed.

Arguably one of the best cyberpunk games ever (Deus Ex Human Revolution) was pretty limited in the size of the areas you played in even though some of it was pretty vertical is was all backdrop not an open world - a bunch of smallish levels glued together with loading screens.

I'm pretty bloody excited about this considering the work that CDPR did with TW3. In saying that though, TW3 was largely empty but a future city should not be, it should be bustling and crowded.

20. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

While the world may have been empty, the sheer size of it and the fact it was all painstakingly handcrafted is an amazing feet... There really didn't feel like too many areas that just felt like carbon copies of other map areas.