Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. chook

chook Member

Making the master race wait for the peasantry to be satisfied.

Off with their heads!

2. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

Media people don't find this kind of thing out until after it is decided. Comes with the territory but still sucks for that person.

3. Frag

Frag Member

Well done CDPR, showing other publishers how to publish a game with the focus being on the game rather than the publishing date. I much rather wait another month and have something I can play like crazy rather than have something with lots of bugs making me hate it for the first month.

That said, and put your tin foil hat on - I think MS / Sony have probably begged CDPR to have the PS5/XBX versions ready at launch.. dunno just weird timing being 21 days. Anyway thats awesome as I will be on holidays and fingers crossed have my ps5 by then :)

Can't do that, can't have piracy kill the game. It will be the most pirated game out there and you know that CDPR do not do all the copy protection like say Red Dead 2 (Only just cracked last week!)

Exactly.. damn the DLC for Witcher 3 is bigger than most stand alone games. Anyway, they did have to deal with Covid so really if that didnt happen I am certain they would have been done much earlier.
    Worth waiting for who cares :) Ready when ready

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Sankari likes this.
  4. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Well to be fair , if that was really their attitude they shouldn't have set a date until certain? Or at the least not told that person on twitter "full confirmation" of no more delays literally a day before announcing this one :lol:

5. Frag

Frag Member

Sony or MS probably leaned heavily! They really need to make this game look next gen on a next gen console is what I'm guessing. But yeah took too long to filter down.

EDIT: I should say, that the game is probably perfect on ps4/XBO, PC.. they just were not planning to drop the PS5/XBX enhancements in until after xmas. We will see, if the game launches with said enhancements we know why this delay occurred. And thats good, if I get my PS5 before this game launches I'll just get the PS5 version first :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  6. chook

chook Member

A lot of the rumours have been based on next gen consoles being the cause of all the delays from April. While I think that has probably contributed I think that it being all of the reason is a bit much. Engaging tin foil hat mode completely, I can think of many other external factors that could have contributed to the delays.

In all seriousness, while they would certainly have factored into the decision but wanting to deliver a quality product that they can all be proud of just sits well with me in the CDPR way of doing business. It is an amazing concept that EA, Ubisoft and similar organisations could learn from. Treat your customers with respect, deliver quality and they will return the respect and patronage. It is a truly revolutionary business model.

7. power

power Member

just bitten off more than they can chew, need a bit more time - nbd honestly.

8. Frag

Frag Member

I was mainly referring to the latest delay. Previous delay I would almost put entirely onto Covid 19. I know Poland is currently going through increasing COVID19 restrictions as they are in a huge second wave (most my family reside there) so perhaps that has played a part but I still think that they are going to include the next gen console enhancements in at launch which really would make sense. Anyway as you say, simply not ready wherever our speculation is for reasons and they are doing the right thing and delaying it.

I can think of a few games that could have been amazing at launch had they delayed them a bit.. Ubisofts Division as an example .. NMS.. etc etc. (the original, if that came out in the state it finished .. wow)

9. chook

chook Member

Yeah and I am cool with it given I now have four weeks leave confirmed starting 10 December instead of two weeks leave starting 18 November. I have a city to burn.

10. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Surely they wouldn't delay the PC version again.

In a previous job I had, the November 19 date would have probably been around the last dates I could take any personal leave until March, I feel sorry for people in that kind of situation where they have their own seasonal crunch coming up.

11. chook

chook Member

Yeah, while disappointing this works better for me in that regard. Most of my customers have change freezes in place from around mid December until mid January due to the holidays, staff being on leave and all the other things that happen at this time of year. No way would I get away with four weeks annual leave at once any other time of the year.

macktheknife likes this.
  12. aeon.Nemesis

aeon.Nemesis Member

I'm sure we'll survive having to wait another 3 weeks.. i suspect if it's 3 weeks then it's just a minor patch update to address compatibility.. unlikely they could do anything performance wise in that period?

13. Andres

Andres Motor Admin

I know nothing about game development - but in most industries, if you need to double your remaining deliverable timeline someone's made a pretty substantial mistake in estimating resources required OR something substantial has come up.

E.g. they were not even close to hitting the previous date, and would have known that some time ago.

14. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

Both me and 3 other co-workers cancelled our preorders in store. Lost interest.

15. Frag

Frag Member

Seriously? how do you lose interest in a game that you haven't played... ?? Whatever works for you I guess, I can understand frustration but its better to be frustrated at delays than bugs in game :)

im late likes this.
  16. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

Too many delays and at this stage I've seen enough gameplay sneek peeks on youtube.

17. power

power Member

you'll be back :D

18. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

Unlikely.

19. power

power Member

famous last words, hahaha.

20. zed_kid

zed_kid Member

It’s like you’re trying to neg a hot chick bro, it’s not gonna work

D.Frost, Smoothie, the_fuzz and 2 others like this.