Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

In terms of Metacritic Witcher 3 was a 93, this is a 91 so far. Pretty comparable.

walker_2003 likes this.
  2. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

You're out of touch Power, you probably know that though. 60fps minimum is a pretty reasonable desire.

I used to be happy with games running like a slide-show but now I have experienced better...

Yeah one of the reviews tested low/medium/high/ultra at the common resolutions.

My 5700xt is gonna be lucky to maintain 60fps at 1440p medium unless removing denuvo boost frames by a large amount.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  3. Dingostolemyghz

Dingostolemyghz Member

Has anyone tested the performance without anything turned up max? There's probably just a few GPU heavy settings that need to be turned down a bit.
    Anyone remember witcher 2 ubersampling? :lol:

4. power

power Member

haha, also known as the setting that showed me my GTX560 was faulty :D

my card would heat up like a mofo and crash with it on, turned out the card was faulty and TW2 helped me diagnose it. what a fun game, but yet another example of turn the settings down stupid.

Dingostolemyghz likes this.
  5. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

One of them was during the first part of the main quest in white orchard...

6. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

I've got my 3080, 5900x, and 32gb of 3600mhz ram. I have a 3440x1440 ultrawide so I don't need to run 4k. Hopeful that I can get around 40-60fps with everything maxed, RT on and without using DLSS. See how things go I guess.

Frag and power like this.
  7. self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Yeah, hoping the 5950x will carry me here since at medium 1080p, there's no difference between the 3060ti and the 3090 in those toms hardware slides using a 9900k.
    This thing stomps my 8086k for single core performance, so should be a nice boost anywhere thats cpu limited.

Fingers crossed the right settings will still get the old 1080ti to handle 1080p/144Hz relatively well.

If not, I'll try again in the new year after a few patches and come armed with a 3080ti or something just in case. bahaha

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  8. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

One can dream...

Id say maybe with DLSS + RTX on medium/low.

9. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Fuck me, that's just lazy. At least play 30 hours :rolleyes:.

10. kreegor

kreegor Member

My current PC just went "Oof!" when I mentioned ubersampling!

FuzwaldQO likes this.
  11. power

power Member

yeah it was hilarious to think in 2011 CDPR offered a setting that offered 4* upsampling so if you were playing on a common monitor of the day at i think what 1680*1050 it was demanding 4 times that resolution to be rendered.

I love melt your PC buttons. :D

12. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

sigh already noticed a bunch of "reviews" and " buy or no buy " youtube videos, its so fucking cringe, the game is barely even out.

miicah likes this.
  13. power

power Member

it's not out, the review embargo just lifted - reviews before launch are consumer friendly and help people decide if they want the game before purchasing it.

bart5986 likes this.
  14. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

a review before release is barely a review, what they review is like 10% of the game. i dunno, i think its pointless to have reviews this early.

MR CHILLED likes this.
  15. power

power Member

most outlets get the game with plenty of time, they want the reviews out with outlets having enough time but also not too soon and risk leaks outside the media circles (piracy).

this is a completely normal release window/review cycle.

16. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I don't see the problem.

If the first 10% is bad, then they deserve bad reviews.

I would rather 10% game reviews then people buying the game based on 100% hype.

17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

It is, but everyone wants to be the first horse out of the gate for obvious reasons.

18. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

Have you read the reviews? All of the ones I have read, the main story was completed and generally put about 30-50 hours of game play into it. If you can't review a game after 50 hours, something is wrong

holdennutta likes this.
  19. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

That is what turned a lot of people off KCD. They didn't bother to play past what is essentially a tutorial.
    The combat sucks!
    Did you meet a trainer?
    Trainer?
    Ahhh

20. Onyx

Onyx Member

Yeah I agree it's pretty much useless to have a review at this stage, as reviewers can't really comment on bugs/glitches they assume will be addressed in the day 1 patch and beyond. They are just acting as marketing machines which I think is largely what reviews have become industry-wide: it's no longer about taking a look at a piece of software or hardware and assessing it on its own or compared to similar alternatives on the market, it's largely just paid shrills mirroring/echoing the marketing spiel the company wants. If a dozen different "influencers" all say the same thing in different ways, each of them have their existing fan base (which may or may not overlap) it just gets the 'hype' out there to the general public.

If it bombs, CDPR could always fall back into blaming nVidia and AMD for the stock issues with their newly released video cards. If end users need a fairly modern beefy GPU to run this game, and it isn't widely available, then it could impact their sales. Likewise new gen consoles aren't even on retailer's inventory to be clicked on for pre-order/backorder or whatever to take people's money now with loose promises of delivery somwhere Q2-Q3 2021.