Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

Doubt it will bomb, if it does it will be because #1 people who have money to buy the GPU to run this, cant get one anyway because of no stock, and #2 , people cant afford a 2k GPU right now, considering most people dont even have a job right now. IMHO, this was a really retarded time for them to release the game, a delay would of pissed people off, but would of been better to hold off upto a month longer to release.

2. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I agree completely.

But I don't think any reviewers rated it poorly because they didn't play enough, I think the reviewers mostly focused on the huge bugs, which there were heaps of on release.

I have no idea if it happened with Cyberpunk but generally the developer sends out information to reviewers on known bugs, and things that will be addressed in the Day 1 patch specifically so they don't complain about those issues in the review.

Complaining about these things in the review sounds like how you would blacklist yourself from future reviews.

3. power

power Member

i must be the only person that is in the review cycle, a review at this time is perfectly normal industry standard.

reviewers will have had copies for easily a week or more by now with plenty of time to have played it. they will all be expected to mention bugs AND that they are on review code especially if there are more bugs than expected.

what IS less normal is reviewers to have copies in hand and embargo's set to launch day, those are the games to worry about.

despite bugs being mentioned in most reviews the scores are aggregating OVER 90% which is tracking to make it an above average game.

DangerMaus likes this.
  4. Frag

Frag Member

On another note - have you guys thought about your characters yet? Ever since I saw the first preview circa 2013 all I could think of was Molly Millions (or just Molly). Molly was a razorgirl from William Gibson's cyberpunk world. I loved her character, and all I could think of watching that bullet firing preview was thats Molly!!

So yeah my first playthrough will be as Molly Millions, a tough fighter street kid. I am so amped.

Now as far as reviews go - honestly they are in line with what I thought. I'm not expecting everyone to love cyberpunk world, some of the criticisms are just stupid and edge on political correctness.. Not too stressed about the technical issues, we know these will be addressed over time; expecting to be a swathe of updates early next year not so much around xmas as the Poles take this time seriously :)

Anyway, I'll start the GOG download tonight, I can't wait. Molly is going to fuck everything up in Night City!

power likes this.
  5. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Yeah reviews this early are just useless, we haven't had a day one patch, full drivers haven't been released. Another thing to remember is a lot of big review sites are shills anyway, they'll give a shit game a glowing review even if it's broken because clickbait and $$$.

Personally I'm wating for Mack at Worth a Buy to do his review, if there's problems he wont pussy foot around, he'll call them out and more importantly actually show them in his videos, one of the very few reviewers that isn't afraid to call out shit even when give a key by a dev.

Kookooburra likes this.
  6. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Well.. review code with drm vs day one (or after depending on when my new case turns up...) code with no drm. Add in a few optimisations from drivers and patching and hopefully I can meet my dream in a week or two.

I can see the point in early reviews, you can get a sense of whether a game will be worth spending money on or not. If you want a full in depth review, wait a week after launch and they will be around. But the game won't significantly change between a first look and a full review. You'll just get more analysis of the game. Which if the first look confirms that I'll want to play it, then I don't particularly want an in depth look. Coz I want to find out all the shit by playing it, not reading about it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  7. power

power Member

the ultimate way to play this game would be to basically be John Wick, Neo or Adam Jensen, haha

8. nope

nope Member

9. Frag

Frag Member

Haha some are classic. Kind of expect to see a bit of these in the first month or two. Its a big game, will have some bugs I am sure but hope that it wont impact playing too much. The delayed for a reason so lets see if it all paid off.

nope likes this.
  10. kreegor

kreegor Member

I expect there's a huge day 1 patch for this anyway

nope likes this.
  11. power

power Member

there were a ton of early patches for TW3 too, i remember it well.

nope likes this.
  12. kreegor

kreegor Member

Yep there were. They were pretty regular as well.

nope likes this.
  13. power

power Member

i bet half of them were Roach related.

14. kreegor

kreegor Member

I reckon I only saw Roach glitch twice the whole time I played it.

15. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

About the same for me. Cloth physics and some doors/gates were buggy as hell. I think the cloth physics are still mostly broken.

Meanwhile the most annoying part of the entire game for me isn't even a bug just hurricane force winds.

16. nope

nope Member

the patch is like 50gb+
    I think this game should have been delayed to 2021

Kookooburra likes this.
  17. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

The entire game is about 50gb, so the "patch" will just be a new full build of the game.

nope likes this.
  18. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Hey why do you think getting a stealth upgrade after running someone over in a car is a bug? If you got tinted windows how do they know who you are? That's stealth!

The people in charge really overhyped themselves for the 2019 E3 reveal. Like how the fuck did they not realise the game wouldn't be ready in just 10 months (the original release date of April this year). They've now added 8 months on top of that original date and it's still obviously not finished and probably won't be at a truly good state for months more.

The state of the game must have been shocking earlier this year.

I'm sure if they could go back in time they would have ditched the old-gen consoles and set a release date of mid to late 2021.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    nope likes this.
  19. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

They should have the Alpha Protocol stealth system where there's no hiding mechanics but instead you turn invisible when someone sees you.

nope likes this.
  20. lithos

lithos Member

They fixed the damn faces turning into Ark-Of-The-Covenant horrorshows yet?