1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

GOG galaxy stuck at 92% applying patches :thumbdn:

2. BitAddict

BitAddict Member

Jinxed myself, just died for the first time and game crashed on reloading a checkpoint

3. Frag

Frag Member

Not really, games don't have the same binary success/fail and you can measure more on a curve rather than the binary state.
    Not sure what you're classifing as bugged instances (ie looking for them) but I've have an a4 page of bugs written down. All classed as minor and nothing game breaking. I am confident that many will be patched in the first few days and certainly right up until xmas we will be getting patches.

I guess they delayed as much as they could, it was a shit year with Covid and currently Poland is experiencing massive Covid impacts and high death toll which I am sure has thrown off much of the works. End of the day they released even though I am sure they wanted to delay again but between share holders and people screaming blue murder they used up their 2 delays.

Lets see what happens, to me its super playable and looks amazing. I'm really enjoying the story and pretty much everything about it!

4. 7nothing

7nothing Member

I play RPGs like the moron I am, and just systematically kill everyone until I can walk where I want. I think they've succeeded in coming up with the most irritating combat mechanics imaginable here, just for me.

5. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Oh no, please elaborate...

6. rireland

rireland Member

holding tab for 10m makes me feel more like a master hacker than any other game has managed.

7. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Must be one of the special ones, still no crashing or game breaking bugs for me. Very much enjoying my time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bit of a light show when it comes to fire/sparks and photo mode though.
    [​IMG]

Really not a fan of the implemented DoF here, hopefully that gets improved down the line.

power and c4dderly like this.
  8. VirtualNinja

VirtualNinja Member

After then initial hype train dust has settled, I am glad I did not board the train.

the_antipop likes this.
  9. power

power Member

this is me too!

not sure what you mean though, this is a completely viable strategy in this game.

Just came up for a breath at the 20 hour point, still heaps to do avoiding the main quest for a bit and just doing some more side content.

Saw my first T pose NPC inside a bar and in my second session yesterday i had a bunch of CTD's but this was due to an OC I had on my card I'd forgotten about, so yeah not the games fault - really not worth mentioning but there it is. Set it back to a more realistic OC and yeah not a problem.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  10. PureFire

PureFire Member

I was inches away from getting three at once
    CP_acheiv.jpg

Rass likes this.
  11. power

power Member

Damn, I thought I lined up some two heads one bullet a few times - nope no achievement only have

The Fool
    Right Back at Ya
    and The Lovers

so far.

12. Plonkflopped

Plonkflopped Member

I'm with you mate. Game is amazing with not a single crash just a few funny bugs here and here.

13. 7nothing

7nothing Member

Mainly the "someone somewhere is about to set you on fire, you have 15 seconds to run back into the open, hold tab, identify the camera they're going to use to set you on fire, and shoot it"

...nah, I'll just take the being set on fire and use another stimpack.

Just Alt-F4'd out a minute ago, as I fell through the map, swam for a bit under the street, then started falling and re-loading in a loop.

14. self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Hah, I didn't know that was a camera thing. Game doesn't do a great job of explaining wtf is going on in those sort of situations. I just kept randomly catching fire and quickly hitting heal while swearing a lot. lol

Put about 25 hours in so far, not an rpg guy so just shooting shit and going along for the ride. Only using points when it says I need whatever skills to open a door and otherwise ignoring that side of things. Probably making life hard on myself, but eh. Slowly getting there. :p

Still, only like 3 games have really sucked me in and gotten more than an hour of playtime in recent years, So this definitely has something going for it.

Trizae and Spyder6052 like this.
  15. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

Been enjoying the game , played a hell of a lot , focusing on a lot of side missions just to stretch the experience out a lot

bugs, yep heaps of them , the most annoying one is NPC dialogue seems to stop working , but ive only had this happen after playing for like 5+ hours and it required a re launch of the game

the other bug is I sometimes cant loot things even though i can see them on the ground , i think re loading the game seems to fix this but tbh there is so much loot i just skip a few drops when it happens

Radeon RX 5700 XT , It defaulted to ultra but i turned it down to High and turned off or down some stuff i don't like or don't notice much like i hate blur and a couple things i manually tweaked and while i can tell im not getting solid 60 the frame rate stays constant enough so im fine with it. (I forgot to mention I game on a 3440x1440 screen with max FOV so generally any game i play i need to tweek to get solid performance because ultra wide resolutions can be pretty demanding)

Its certainly a bit of a crysis you really want everything on max settings and RTX if possible but not a lot of non cutting edge computers could run this game at a high resolution with RTX and ultra graphics.

The game in my book is good enough to be played even with the bugs but its going to be a lot better after the first 1 - 2 major performace\bug patches which im sure they are working on

TIPS

There is a point early on when your car is not available to you if you do one of the early missions , I made the mistake of thinking it was gone for good and buying a car that was pretty much was worse , you actually do get it back and this is not really a spoiler they are just not clear. (e.g. its not a surprise you get it back i just missed that i was getting it back, i think they tell you in a SMS rather than dialogue)

If you need money there are missions that look like a "green club" , basically cop missions that involve killing 5ish dudes , you can drive around farming them, I have noticed they seem to tier up as you do them , i got to a point yesterday where they are basically not possible to do because I get 1shot; After that there are "green skull" missions which are basically the same just with more people to kill, they seem to be seperate , i.e the difficulty on the skull missions were piss easy, I think if you keep doing any specific type of mission its going to get harder and harder.

Anyway from those 2 mission types you will get a hell of a lot of guns and gear you can use or just sell and a heap of XP , its a fun casual way to level up and stretch the game our a bit.

I honestly dont suggest buying anything , everything is so bloody expensive, its taken me ages to save up 50k and thats without ever buying essentially anything (except i top up ammo whenever i sell guns), my character is somewhere mid level atm but at max level stuff is going to be expensive the economy is a bit fucked , ive heard the crafting is a bit screwed in that its hard to craft things better than actually just drop so I suggest people just sell a lot of at least low rarity weapons and save up till you are higher level if you want to buy a few nice guns later on; Gear seems to only last me a couple hours so dropping 50K on a legendary weapon probably would only even last me like 2 hours of gameplay max

Great game , wait for some patches if you can

16. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Are you doing them in the same area or moving between the regions? Each region has differently levelled enemies.

In the starting zone the enemies are pushovers, I can take out 5 gangers in 10 seconds with just the gorrila hands even though I've got zero spec into hand to hand combat, but some zones have been deathtraps in fights if I get caught in one.

17. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

I thought that was what it was at first but i went back around my crib or hideout or whatever and they were still one shotting me , i think after you do like 20+ of them that specific mission type seems to tier up

I guess i could be mistaken about this but i did check a few closer to base as yeah i had wandered half a map away

macktheknife likes this.
  18. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Another new bug for me, was doing some vaulting over a concrete box, I got yeeted about 300 meters into the middle of the harbour.

Rass and rbialek like this.
  19. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

I'm only playing on a 1080p monitor but it seems fine in the "High" default which it chose for me. I do have a 1440p monitor on this machine so might try it on that at some stage. I'm only up to the training missions etc but it's been fine so far. There was a 1.4GB patch to download this morning after the initial 60GB overnight.

genxor likes this.
  20. genxor

genxor Member

I gave it another go this morning on low/medium settings (for whatever reason it defaulted to ultra) and it cemented my decision to buy a new GPU lol

Trizae and Frag like this.