Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. Plonkflopped

Plonkflopped Member

Whoa. I just hit level 24 and barely touched the main story :shock:

2. AgB deano

AgB deano Member

I'm generally enjoying it the game. Tempted to come back in a couple of weeks though. At least by then I will hopefully be able to level up the athletics skill and not have backpack/crafting lag with weapons. the driver AI will likely still be terrible though.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  3. BitAddict

BitAddict Member

Completely stuffed now, no changes to my system but it has dropped to 9fps and is refusing to play any music :thumbdn: too much hassle, too many other good games to catch up on.

4. Ospi

Ospi Member

I'm enjoying it a lot more by just doing side and main quests instead of free roaming around (which highlights the flaws in the general AI and "life" of the city). Couple of things which would help a lot would be less spongy AI and an actual theft mechanic. Hopefully the PC modding community can get stuck in over the coming week.

Performance wise I'm happy, got it maxed on all settings with RT on ultra and DLSS on balanced. That keeps me in the ~70fps range or higher at 1440p.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  5. BitAddict

BitAddict Member

That's what mine was like until it suddenly shat itself and decided 9fps was more appropriate...

6. jvalente

jvalente Member

Just saw the review of this by WAB.

I knew this game was going to be a disaster. Such a buggy piece of work.

The AI looks terrible

7. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

I can see a lot of people rushing through the game due to the onslaught of false urgency. I did a long quest that seemed to take multiple days easily however a "wait a day" mission only popped up at it's conclusion made more bizarre by having just left the character I was waiting on.

8. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

9. kogi

kogi Member

Taking my time on first playthrough, but-
    I thought your personality was going to be overwrittern in 30 days?

10. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

I don't think there's an actual number attached to that.

11. power

power Member

so many people rushing this game, clocked in 40 hours on the weekend, still feel like i have a ton to do and see.

12. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Just watched it as well, glad I haven't played it but fuck me they have so much work to do to fix this thing. Mack was right when he said this is going to reflect badly on them, they should've held off another 6 months at least. Also says a lot when devs give him keys but not until after the games released, they all know he wont shill for them.

We still don't know the real reason they released in this state either do we?

I wont be playing this till it's had a hell of a lot of patches which is unfortunate because I did want to play it but it's far to buggy to be enjoyable atm.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  13. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

What do you mean the real reason, Xmas sales duh.
    Also from a 10000 ft view its been in development for a long time, 3 delays later and no choice get it out.

The key to enjoying this game is to view it like a RPG not GTA. Don't try to do open world crap or explore, just do missions. It feels a lot less paper thin when you do that. As soon as you treat it like GTA or RDR the Truman Show collapses because of the brain-dead AI / cop system. Not sure if that will ever be patched, to be honest. Its a crying shame because visuals/atmosphere are incredible. Even if they never add all the GTA style activities /customisation, having NPCs and cars that react even like I dunno San Andreas ROFL would go a long way towards fixing the janky feel.

That and let me pick up my thrown knives STAT!!!!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  14. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I have about 20hrs in act 1 so far. Mind you I was forced to do a lot of side missions and exploration due to a broken quest and issues patching. Can't imagine being anywhere close to finishing in another 10-15hrs.

15. Bass

Bass Member

Had an experience with a side mission that was cool/frustrating.

Had just finished a main storyline quest and had a bit of spare cash. Decided to stop in at a random ripperdoc and buy a new cyberdeck and cyberware. Afterwards I head out and see a nearby side quest so I think why not. Ended up coming up out of the same ripperdocs basement where it seemed he'd been harvesting all his gear from a clinic kinda like a chop Shop. Confronted him with the evidence and he offered me a discount if I didn't bust him, but that was after I'd dropped 20k on upgrades oops

macktheknife and Rass like this.
  16. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

You don't need Christmas sales when you've sold 8 million in pre orders. It's a 60 USD game... Do the math. CDPR even said they weren't happy with the state of the game but still released, that's what doesn't make sense, why release a game your not happy with when you know releasing a buggy game will negatively impact your company and the game it's self which will cause a lot of refunds.

Cant enjoy a game with bugs where half the AI just stand around doing nothing while you slaughter them even on the hardest setting. Maybe others can but that alone just kills it for me, I want a fight from the AI otherwise I'd play The Sims lol. I don't care how thin the world is, it looks fantastic and if you don't run around to much then it's fine to just imagine it's a full bustling open world game. Deus Ex is the same (especially the newer ones), not a whole lot going on when you really start looking but they have NPCs in just the right spots to give the illusion of depth, I've played the death out of all those games. GTA has a lot more going on but it's still pretty thin really when you start to look around, most just NPCs wandering around on very basic paths.

The game as it stands right now is a late beta version not full release, don't like it? stiff shit it's the truth. This should've been delayed till middle of next year at least. Even indie games are released with less bugs and better optimisation than this. It's a damn shame because this really could've been one of the best games in easily a decade. Oh well, now we wait for patch after patch after patch to get it to a playable less broken bug ridden state.

17. Rass

Rass Member

I've now got three play throughs running at the same time. It's pretty cool, lots of different ways to do missions (and hell, hard is really hard. Enemies are bullet sponges). In some ways, I think Melee is overpowered, but I think part of my evaluation is because I took a high body character for a melee character vs a sneaky low body character which is using assassination skills... so the low body char is going to have more problems.

Still seeing new bits of jankiness, but nothing too major. A few times I've received significant injury by somehow getting trapped in boxes. A few of the assault-in-progress mini missions have been weird - I looted a suitcase which destroyed a concrete seat by opening... lol. I've seen dialogues interfere with each other and stop quests from progressing. A reload has fixed it, but it seems like they need to have some sort of wait sequence or flag which stops dialogue boxes from fighting each other and stopping progression.

I'm thinking back to some of the alternates to the fights I've been through and I need to give them a shot. I can think of three different solutions to scrapping with Sasquatch ( holy shit, that was near impossible on hard) , I'd like to see how they go. Interested to see what other solutions to problems there are that I am missing.

18. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

As I'm playing more I'm enjoying it more, was pretty meh about it at first.

Came across a random dead body near a waste treatment plant and decided to investigate, found a sabotage conspiracy and hacked terminal with a load of rare crafting materials, pretty cool - wasn't a mission or anything just some random shit I stumbled across.

Rass likes this.
  19. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

Games awesome, bugs and shit AI or not, my inner nerd-virgin is alive and well again.

Rass likes this.
  20. power

power Member

That video above, i guess if you follow the story missions only (tbh i'm not far through the story yet) then you might think the enemies are easy to kill. Any area enemies are marked as medium (which all story missions have been for me so far) you are not going to have a tough time.

I went into an area with enemies marked as "very hard" those guys do not fuck around. couple shots and you are dead. medium, yeah if you are armed with a good smart sniper - headshots are a valid 1 shot kill.

I have one big complaint from my time and it's the looting, sometimes you can only pickup items in a certain order (ie i don't want that food, just the shard) AND other times you can't loot an item at all. This does feel like a bug and well it's annoying.