Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

I'm running some of the community patches, boosted my FPS 2-4%

Increased the cpu utilization on my 3900x from 20% to 40%

Deano_20802 likes this.
  2. connico

connico Member

Yes even on a high end machine it gives you better performance

Loads faster, zero crashes since I've made the change and improved frames. not much but it has improved

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    Deano_20802 likes this.
  3. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

I've edited "config.csv" in Notepad with "Pool CPU 10GB" and "Pool GPU 9GB", running the game from a direct shortcut set to "Run As Admin".

It's noticeably improved performance on an 8600k @ 4900, 16GB @ 3600, 1080Ti and SSD, but higher values crash constantly though. Running @ 1440, Med / High / custom settings - Windows 7.

I'm really enjoying just messing around and playing vigilante, with most bugs only being entertaining or solved by loading the last game. I understand the complaints - there's a lot to be unhappy with, but I'm having fun. Can not comment on the main story, despite being up to street cred' 18 already.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  4. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

I didn't notice much difference in graphical performance with the config memory pool edit, but I DID notice a huge decrease in loading times. A discernibly huge difference. And I'm already running it on a M2 SSD.

Fiddling on a 8700/1080ti/16GB, I'm getting a solid 65FPS with medium/high settings across the board on 1080p. No dips, no stutters, no pop in, looks great. I run medium crowd density regardless of gfx settings. 97% GPU util, 75%RAM util, 80% CPU util.

Full ultra bullshit settings, sits around 45, but dips occasionally enough that I hate it.

I would like a RTX card, but good fucking luck getting one in Canada right now.

edit: No crashes. Occasional bugs like.... cars to buy sitting half a foot into the ground until you buy them, hacking not actually working, or the hack vision lagging by 10s of seconds. Haven't seen a t-pose, but have seen NPC's disappear after a glance away. Honestly, no bugs that make me hate the game. Just illustrate that they still have work to do. Don't care, love it regardless, and expect as good a product by the end of it as TW3 became.

Deano_20802 likes this.
  5. bondibro

bondibro Member

I agree, for the most part my game has run well with very few glitches. Potato computers are the culprit hahaha

6. Locutus of Borg

Locutus of Borg Member

Well, I finally started Cyberpunk on PC. The problem is, right after character creation, the game crashes. Three times, three fails.

I have it on GOG. I have turned off the GOG Overlay, I've tried reducing the graphics setting (noting I'm running a 5900x and 3080). Anyone got any ideas? If I hadn't bought it off the eBay Plus deal for $59 I would be attempting to refund by now.

7. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Try the community avx and memory pool patch

8. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

The worst bit for me is the degrading performance over time. I start thinking WTF is this shit FPS and then I remember the thing slows down massively over time, I restart and back to decent frames. Might be AMD related (3600). Who knows, finished it anyway lol

7.5/10 for me, would have been 8/10 without the bugs, but PC so nothing game breaking. I did grow up as a Cyberpunk (genre) junkie (hint: the handle...) though and I am now a RTX fanboy so biased in that way.

I do think they missed a trick, had they kept it like Mass Effect or Deus Ex i.e. hub-based, not entirely open world, they would have kept the scope in control and still had room to make a massively detailed game world. Instead, they had to shoehorn an RPG, a looter shooter and GTA mechanics into one thing, and the basically dropped the ball on the GTA part. Then again had they made it hub-based then its hard to see how to make driving feasible (not that its actually decent lol with the shit physics and retarded AI).

Ironically this has given me the impetus to go and finally play GTA5 single player (yay Epic freebies).

breno and Deano_20802 like this.
  9. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

I couldn't get through character creation until I updated to day 01 GeForce drivers, solved that for me.

10. Locutus of Borg

Locutus of Borg Member

Just tried it, same result. Thanks for the suggestion.

I am on the latest Nvidia Drivers, 460.89.

EDIT: I don't know what I did, but got it working, woohoo!

mesaoz likes this.
  11. Sunder

Sunder Member

Thought this comment on the Sydney Morning Herald was interesting:

https://www.smh.com.au/technology/v...ement-and-a-crying-shame-20201217-p56oer.html

Kinda glad I'm on Fraser island with just a (non-gaming) laptop, and $15 per Gigabyte of data. Hoping by the time I come back in early Jan, not only will those community fixes be easily available with different versions depending on your hardware, CDPR will have fixed all the problem, optimised all the code, the GPU market will be flooded, forcing down prices below RRP, and have same day delivery via flying pigs.

Glad you guys are enjoying it though :) do remember we are an overclocking forum though, and most people *do* have comparatively potatoes to run games on. Latest generation consoles included :p

FatBoy likes this.
  12. power

power Member

what?

13. PureFire

PureFire Member

Something I just worked out yesterday. If you come across a legendary in the world, quick save the game before you pick it up. If it has no mod slots or say just 1 available mod for example, then reload the save and check it again until you are satisfied with it, as the game randomly generates the stats each time. The world has sooo many legendaries that you can find without even getting into combat.

In my current playthrough I have run out of quests to do. Ive done all gig and ncpd missions in all areas, all fixer missions and side quests. The only person who calls or messages me now is Judy and thats just to say "Hi". The last few things left is the achievements which Ive completed 32/44 and buying all the cars.

Deano_20802 likes this.
  14. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Again, apples and oranges. Fc5 + ND are way smaller have much less depth then this game. Pretty easy to have less issues..

Can't walk 2 Mins without a roadside hostage situation. So repetitive and boring. Story is interesting though (but has massive plot holes.. Why not just fly the heli away and get the fkn army involved) but it's let down by boring gunplay and stupid AI that can see your a threat driving their mates car from 100m away.

15. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I keep suggesting those with 1080ti or similar to get a used 2080 if you don't want to spend huge on 3000 series or can't find one. DLSS gives you a nice full generational equivalent boost in this game. Just don't expect much gains in other games.

Deano_20802 likes this.
  16. Sunder

Sunder Member

What what?

Maybe I haven't read the previous threads thoroughly enough, but most people are enjoying it, harmless bugs galore, most fatal bugs on lower end machines? Or my dig at current gen consoles? Do remember the current gen consoles are running the code optimised for previous gen, and are still only considered just adequate.

17. power

power Member

what makes you assume "most people" anything.......?

18. Sunder

Sunder Member

Gut feel on here and reddit? Like I said, I didn't read the past posts all that thoroughly. Sure, there was a lot of pain early on, but on Reddit, all sorts of discussions with tuning, right down to hex editing to optimise multi-core utilisation (on AMD).

Sorry if I compressed and ignored all the pain point posts as day one teething problems a bit too easily. I am catching up on nearly a week of posts in one sitting.

19. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

78% of user reviews of the game on steam are positive which seems like a pretty good metric, of course you have to ignore the console experience where it looks like they're playing cyberpotato.

Game should never have been released on ancient consoles and all resources should have been dedicated to PC and current gen Consoles, but that is probably impossible because of the almighty dollar.

I think if the statement was ""most PC players are enjoying the game"" it would be more accurate.

20. power

power Member

that's not an assumption, it's closer to a statement of fact.

I doubt most OCAU users are running potato spec <- also an assumption :)