Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. PureFire

PureFire Member

I started a new game last night, this time a Nomad on very hard setting. When I got to the All Foods mission I chose different dialogue options and OMG my frames went down to 30fps (normally 60-80fps) with both netrunners and Militech soldiers in the building fighting and the netrunners burning everything. That was the most intense section of the game Ive seen so far but I'm also pleasantly surprised there isn't just one scripted path in the story and you can make some meaningful choices in the game that change what happens in the main storyline.

2. kogi

kogi Member

3. power

power Member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  4. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

9.0GB update now live on GOG

Rass likes this.
  5. Rass

Rass Member

yeah, just got it. haven't played it with the update yet. they seem to have a fixed a few of the bugs which I have experienced.

6. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

patch notes

Hotfix 1.05 is now live on PC, Xbox and PlayStation systems!

Here is the full list of changes:

Quests
    • Jackie will no longer disappear in The Pickup or The Heist.
    • Fixed an issue preventing players from landing the helicopter in Love like Fire.
    • Fixed an issue with Takemura not calling in Play it Safe.
    • It's no longer possible to trigger the same dialogue twice in Big in Japan.
    • Fixed an issue with Delamain appearing upside down at the end of Don't Lose Your Mind.
    • Saul now correctly reaches the van in Riders on the Storm.
    • Fast travelling before the encounter with Tyger Claws no longer breaks progression in I Fought the Law.
    • Fixed an issue blocking progress in Ghost Town if an autosave made upon Raffen Shiv's arrival was loaded.
    • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages if Happy Together failed as a result of combat.
    • Elizabeth Peralez stops being excessively insistent with her calls after her job offer is refused.
    • The scene with Misty and Jackie now starts properly after leaving Viktor's clinic.
    • Wakako's dialogues no longer get blocked after finishing Search and Destroy.
    • Walking away from Stefan in Sweet Dreams shouldn't prevent other characters from calling you anymore.
    • Brick‚Äôs detonator should now be properly interactable for players to disarm. Or set off. Your call.
    • Elevator doors should now correctly open in The Heist.
    • Saul now correctly gets out of cars in Riders on the Storm.
    • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after running too far away from Frank in War Pigs.
    • Jackie now correctly leaves the factory after the combat is finished in The Pickup.
    • Fixed an issue with Militech reinforcements not spawning if driving through the gate too fast in Forward to Death.
    • Skipping time while in the club in Violence no longer results in issues with progression.
    • Fixed issues with starting Gig: Getting Warmer...
    • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after Pyramid Song has been abandoned midway.
    • Fixed an issue whereby Delamain core could be already broken when player enters the Core room in Don't Lose Your Mind.
    • Fixed issues with Delamain not appearing or doing nothing outside the Afterlife in The Heist.
    • Fixed an issue with objective getting stuck on "Talk to Viktor" in The Ripperdoc.
    • Fixed an issue whereby it was impossible to talk to the bouncer in front of Lizzie's in The Information.
    • Added description for Don't Lose Your Mind in the Journal.
    • Fixed an issue preventing player from saving, using fast travels, and talking to other NPCs after reloading a save with an active call with Frank in War Pigs.
    • Fixed an issue with Panam not calling about any other matter until I'll Fly Away is completed.
    • Fixed an issue with Dum Dum following V after The Pickup is finished.

Gameplay
    • Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.
    • Corrected the number of shots needed to kill civilians from a distance while in combat.

Visual
    • Fixed an issue with Delamain's image displayed on top of the current caller during phone calls.
    • V's mouth doesn't stay open after entering the space lock in Where is My Mind.
    • Fixed some UI overlap issues.
    • V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)
    • NPCs are faster to appear in the quest area during Stadium Love.
    • Added some warmth to HDR.
    • Fixed T-posing NPCs in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Just Say No and Gig: Hot Merchandise.
    • Fixed an issue whereby after a braindance it was possible to be stuck in 3rd person view with no head.
    • Silencer icons are no longer displayed with no image in the inventory.

UI
    • Fixed an issue with weapon crosshair persisting on screen.
    • The inventory menu no longer closes immediately after opening it for the first time after leaving a car.
    • Fixed an issue whereby upon accessing a fast travel terminal the button shown on the top right corner prompting to open the quest journal would not work.

Performance & Stability
    • Multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes.

Miscellaneous
    • Offscreen explosions make noise now.

PC-specific
    • [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
    • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
    • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
    • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
    • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
    • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
    • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

Console-specific
    • Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on.
    • Settings should no longer reset to default after several game session restarts.
    • Fixed visual issues occurring during the transition between The Heist and Love Like Fire.
    • Corrected the look of several vehicles.
    • [Xbox] Entering combat while Synaptic Accelerator is active no longer ends in player health bar not being displayed.
    • [Xbox] Game no longer becomes unresponsive when signing out from a profile when the controller disconnection message is visible.
    • Telemetry consent request will appear once more due to an earlier issue with settings reset.
    • Fixed an issue whereby it was possible to fall down the elevator shaft in Megabuilding H8 in Automatic Love.

K.I.L.E.R likes this.
  7. Blitzwing

Blitzwing Member

That's a good list of fixes, I might try the game again now.

8. power

power Member

applying patches phase takes a while!

9. Vohaul

Vohaul Member

mate lent me a 1080ti so started playing, up to act 2. might start again now that hotfix is out. playing street kid. loving it so far

10. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

Wanted to get a screen cap of how the game runs on my system, its maxed out all settings but damn, recording tanks the fps lol, usually sits around 50-60 but recording dropped it to 30-40. Resolution is 2840x1600, the game looks amazing imo, just not at all something that should be near the older consoles.

11. Bass

Bass Member

My sig wasn't updated before, am running a 3080. The GPU usage seems a bit gimp in task manager for me but looking at it in GPU-Z while running around the city it seems to float between 80-95% GPU load. But yeah CPU is literally always maxed for me, maybe I should have grabbed one of those 9700KF for $318 the other week heh.

GN has a video where he tests different CPUs with the game, from what I could ascertain the 8600K not only lost a decent amount of average FPS but the 0.1% and 1% lows were pretty sketch. Was kinda hoping my overclock would save me a bit which it may have, running around the city I tend to sit mostly around 65-85 fps. Maybe when there's a bit more info the in-game settings I can turn down a couple of things that really hit the CPU.

12. Ck21

Ck21 Member

Man this is so awesome,

So im playing a mission, all of a sudden, no voice dialog, only subtitles, think to myself, great its bugged out, should probably save and reload.

So finish mission (quick side mission), Get a call for main mission, drive my cali over, get within 70m of the objective, spot what appears to be a underground parking area, think fantastic, will park in there, and head up uptop......

Drive down ramp, and boom, fall through the map for a good 30sec, then respawn back on the road.

so get out of car, save and exit.

Back on desktop, open galaxy, and its 92% patching the game to 1.05.........

its been stuck on 92% for 20mins, zero I/O activity..

No wonder it bugged out, its managed to patch 92% while im STILL Playing.

CDPR are getting good, Live patching in-game, cutting edge technology right here boys, what a time to be alive!

Good times :)

macktheknife likes this.
  13. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

Seems to be a thing with GoG, dodgy patching and stalls.

14. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

15. pittster

pittster Member

Ahh didnt notice you are on a 8600k so 6 cores only makes sense with a 3080 CPU would be your limit. 3080 is cpu limited in most modern games until you hit 4k then Gpu limit kicks in.

I was eyeing off a 10700KF but must resist :)

16. VirtualNinja

VirtualNinja Member

Good to see we are beta testing for a clearly unfinished game I've played for around 30 minutes and ran into people sitting on non existent cars and other weird things.

I opted to return my game. We cannot reward this type of release. There is no doubt this was a passion project, but it was corrupted by incompetence & greed.

BurningFeetMan likes this.
  17. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

No this is majority of the fault of its fan community base moaning and pushing for this game to be released too quickly. Anyways I called it months ago after the 1st delay and a few gameplay videos that this game was going to be dogshit on day 1 release. I was right and I'm glad I cancelled my collectors edition pre-order while back.

Lets not forget that Witcher 3 was almost the same on day 1 release and had a lot of game breaking bugs and glitches that was only fixed after 20 patches.

18. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

That said people give so much shit for companies delaying something and they basically forced CDPR into putting it out, now everyone wants to bitch and moan that it has bugs. These games are on a scale that is just insane and really need many years of dev time, like GTA and the like.

Maybe its a bit on both, CDPR should have never set unrealistic dates and when it was clear they needed vastly more time they prob should have just said it's being delayed until further notice and gamers need to stop being pissy, entitled shits wanting everything now and to be perfect or else etc. Its same with all the new GPU's and shit.

19. Bass

Bass Member

Still yet to really encounter any bugs that'd put me off purchasing the game on PC. The worst is probably some side gig I couldn't finish because I did it out of sequence. Haven't laid eyes on the famous t-pose yet either. I'd have to be up to 30 hours by now.

Patch 1.05 doesn't seem to let me disable background chatter subtitles anymore, anyone else?

20. ssnke

ssnke Member

Glad I decided to buy a new gaming rig a few weeks ago over a console..
    DayOne Release v1.04 via GOG, Running on a 5950x + RX6800 @ 1440 max no MB, graphics look amazing. Major issues: 2x game crash, 2x system reboots.

Completed the game in approx. 60hrs with all quests, except of the Oddity - talk to Johnny, seems to be a bug and didn't receive the Johnny's cap, spent the next few hours replaying the ending story to go through 5 different versions.
    Finished all other missions before finishing the game, only have a 60 (was aiming for 70) rating with Johnny so I've not seen the all in fight ending.. :/
    Bit annoying how any items collected in the last chapter are useless as the game takes you back to the previous save instead of a continuing progression. Can't justify a new game as missions were a bit repetitive :( & so many bugs in craft/ disassembly.. & see no point of buying cars..

I was reserved at the start of the game and pretty harsh thinking there was too much hype.. However I really enjoyed it, sound track and sfx is a whole new level of emersions especially being a fan of the whole cyberpunk universe/future movies.. blade runner, AlterCarbon (really bummed that Netflix cancelled season 3)

Did you find Kojima?
    Only noticed he had a cameo having read the credits...

PREEM!