Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. ssnke

ssnke Member

Glad I decided to buy a new gaming rig a few weeks ago over a console..
    DayOne Release v1.04 via GOG, Running on a 5950x + RX6800 @ 1440 max no MB, graphics look amazing. Major issues: 2x game crash, 2x system reboots.

Completed the game in approx. 60hrs with all quests, except of the Oddity - talk to Johnny, seems to be a bug and didn't receive the Johnny's cap, spent the next few hours replaying the ending story to go through 5 different versions.
    Finished all other missions before finishing the game, only have a 60 (was aiming for 70) rating with Johnny so I've not seen the all in fight ending.. :/
    Bit annoying how any items collected in the last chapter are useless as the game takes you back to the previous save instead of a continuing progression. Can't justify a new game as missions were a bit repetitive :( & so many bugs in craft/ disassembly.. & see no point of buying cars..

I was reserved at the start of the game and pretty harsh thinking there was too much hype.. However I really enjoyed it, sound track and sfx is a whole new level of emersions especially being a fan of the whole cyberpunk universe/future movies.. blade runner, AlterCarbon (really bummed that Netflix cancelled season 3)

Did you find Kojima?
    Only noticed he had a cameo having read the credits...

PREEM!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  2. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

The way CDPR presented the delays followed by the end result shows how little CDPR cared or respected the people who were paying for their products.

The January delay to April was announced with "We need more time to finish playtesting, fixing and polishing ... the months we need to make the game perfect".

The June delay to Sept had "We won't ship something when it's not ready", "Ready when it's done is not just a phrase we say because it sounds right, it's something we live by".

The final delay said "We need to make sure everything works well and every version runs smoothly".

Then Dec 14 after launch "we should have paid more attention to making it play better, we will fix bugs and crashes and improve the overall experience". That doesn't sound like words a company who were "polishing to make the game perfect" and "ready when it's done is something we live by" would say.

Gamers aren't at fault here. CDPR's bosses clearly decided that releasing the game before Christmas in it's broken state was worth shitting on everything the studio had said about "ready when it's done". They didn't care about living up to their promises. A relative handful of whiny brats complaining about delays was nowhere near the amount of people who sadly accepted the delays simply because they have no other choice. Executives don't release games early just because some anonymous 15 year old edgelord sends people death threats on twitter.

VirtualNinja, simontifik and Boneman like this.
  3. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

I haven't come across Kojima, but I did just stumble on this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ssnke

ssnke Member

PREEM! haha

interesting... patch 1.05 was just applied to my game and I can now abuse the duplicate hax, whereas I wasn't able to before..
    The painting sell/buy back was always working and can be done with any merchant.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  5. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Ok, time I stepped in to this Cyberdrama 2020;

I actually want to buy this game and experience only the glitches! :lol: Please tell me there's a glitch mod to keep them :)

6. power

power Member

buy from GoG, don't patch. Good luck getting all the glitches to happen, I haven't seen many of them.

rireland likes this.
  7. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Lucky you, here's some of mine just from yesterday, I don't think I've had a single bug free session in my 22 hours so far.

photomode_19122020_211320.jpg photomode_19122020_212326.jpg photomode_19122020_223624.jpg photomode_19122020_223644.jpg photomode_19122020_224041.jpg

8. power

power Member

9. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

Its just a pile on, I mean the game isn't perfect, far from it, but it isn't nearly as buggy as most youtubers and clickwhores want us to think it is.

James086, DangerMaus, varin and 2 others like this.
  10. VirtualNinja

VirtualNinja Member

Cannot like this post enough.

This is the problem with fanboy culture. I have no prior experience with CDPR, so I don't have a horse in this race. I have heard all the great things about them from the fans, but it has never moved me to jump onto the hype train. But hearing people blaming the fans/gamers for a bad release made me spit up my coffee. the release is 100% on the devs not the fans and to state anything else is 100% white knighting.

Another thing that has to be questioned is the day 1 reviews. How can all the reviews not notice the glaring issues and give it high scores, only to see them erode as the issues are being openly talked about in the gaming community and post release press. These day 1 releases were quite influential in my purchase decision. How independent are the major game reviewers? Cause it seems from all appearances that they are just marketing mouthpieces.

11. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Again... maybe for you it isn't.

I was talking to a mission character today and his eyebrows were floating above his head. This shit, and cars being half stuck in the road, dead bodies going flying, items disappearing from NPC's hands, V randomly dying after walking over a small bit of debris on the ground... all shit that I and many other people see regularly lol

Hell I was doing a mission with Judy earlier today and just floating off in the air

Not the bugs themselves but the frequency of said bugs make fallout/elder scrolls look tame by comparison.

macktheknife likes this.
  12. power

power Member

you have an AMD card?

maybe it's an AMD thing?

13. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Had my first CtD... after nearly 100 hours.

14. connico

connico Member

Had the funniest bug occur...

Spawned a car... and it spawned doing donuts... just keep going around and around in circles and killing everyone in its path! Cops, civilians, tiger claws... it was awesome ahahaha

Elmf and macktheknife like this.
  15. rireland

rireland Member

following the drama the game has caused is almost as fun as playing it. my favorite so far is the console players that want refunds but still be allowed to continue playing.

Spyder6052 likes this.
  16. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I got a 3080 and had never ending visual bugs (and constantly bugging out missions requiring restarts).

It's just a badly made game at this point.
    The metacritic score for this piece of shit is still 87 ffs. It got 16 scores of 100 and another 30 of 90+

It's crazy. There's no way on earth this game is in it's early state worth more than a 75/100 at best but nearly every review is at or above this level.

When I finished I said 6/10 but even that feels generous.

VirtualNinja likes this.
  17. pittster

pittster Member

Seems everyone's experience is really different, I have had occasional bugs but I would say no worse than RDR2 on release. But then the next person like yourself can have non stop bugs.

18. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

19. nope

nope Member

V1. 05 broke heart pump and got knows what else God damn this game is a shitshow
    And they still have not really fixed anything 8mb save file corruption bug still there

20. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I've had some pretty serious bugs playing this but they were patched and now it's really minor polish issues. It's nothing out of the ordinary in my experience and no worse than witcher 3, GTA5,RDR2 etc. It's far less buggy than a lot of the far cry games.