Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I've played every one of the recent far cry games and the only bugs I've run into are occasional wacky vehicle collision physics.

Not even close to the visual glitches, characters going invisible, the t-posing, missions constantly bugging and requiring resets, UI problems, non-existent AI, loot bugging out, loot descriptions getting stuck on the screen, subtitles getting stuck on the screen getting yeeted 500 meters in the air, dying from 'falling' off a small rock or ledges, vehicles falling from the sky, which are all bugs I've personally encountered in 2077.

There's also the way that CDPR elevated expectations of the game through their own actions (ie my post on the last page). CDPR saying they needed time to "polish and make the game perfect" after saying it was already complete, a year ago, is going to raise expectations and invite criticism when they don't follow through.

2. Bass

Bass Member

Damn the worst I've seen like that is some random cardboard boxes falling out of formation lol.

3. heller44

heller44 Member

28hrs in so far. No game breaking bugs so far. Only one I can actually remember is I had to carry somebody in mission, put them down and they were standing upright.. no biggy.

Having fun.

4. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

That's nice. Just like CP2077 people have different experiences. I've had a dozen broken questlines. Broken AI, UI problems, getting stuck, falling through the world, etc etc in the last 3 far cry games.

5. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

haven't had a single CTD yet.

I've had a couple of quests just bug out where the NPC is driving and hasn't started to move, but i just went on to another quest, came back and all good!

The only visual glitch i get is the t-posing..... which is hilarious anyway.... but that's about it.

6. power

power Member

i had some CTD's earlier on but i'd left my GPU in it's highest overclocked state (can't remember why). Setting it back to a mild overclock and they went away.

7. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

I had CTD very very regularly until I applied the community avx patch (and then the 1.05 patch)

It would also CTD any time I alt+tabbed out - which also stopped with patch 1.05

8. Ck21

Ck21 Member

I'm 51hrs 10mins in, ive had at least 2x CTD per day, seen the T pose bug exactly 1 time, fallen through the map 2x, had cars spawn/appear half in/under the ground a fair bit, and only 1 mission bug out, due galaxy patching the game while im playing.....

whoever said its worse then a elders scroll game, has never played an elder scrolls game day 1 release, ALL bethsda games are broken on release, requiring community patches to fix them, cause they hardly ever patch their games, and if they do, its obscure things that effects less then 10 people of the entire playerbase.

this is actually one of the smoothest release games ive played in the last 10years by a colossal margin, yeah performance isnt that crash hot, but in terms of sheer bugs and broken quests, doesnt even come close to any game i can think of in the past 20years or so.. and thats including all the shockers from EA/Ubi/Take2/Acti etc etc

9. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I'm amazed, my main gaming pc with a 5820k @ 4.5Ghz with a Nvidia 1080 runs poorly, with the only setting giving me a little more FPS is turning of screen space reflections.

My Lenovo laptop with a Intel i7-10750H and Nvidia 2060 with DLSS and ray tracing enabled, and other settings turned, up, runs so much better.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  10. Ck21

Ck21 Member

yeah the performance is weird, varies pretty wildly across configs, even similar rigs, im currently playing @1440p on mix medium/high, and getting on avg 48fps-50fps about 95% of the time, which according to some websites is puching well above 1070Ti's and most 1080's

Ive got a spare ex-mining 1080Ti sitting on the shelf with block, but it means draining my current WC loop, pulling the 1070, installing the 1080Ti, refilling the loop, all for an extra 10-15fps max

Before i head back out to work, ill copy the game across to the laptop, has a 2070 in it, but only 1080p 144hz screen, should be abit smoother, but not expecting it to be by much due to thermals

11. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

What I don't get is how this can be so different for some people, its the same game, same files and really only one API and 2 vendors of GPU. I honestly have seen like 1 or 2 glitch type things, nothing game breaking and nothing I could give a shit about.

But then I see people like in the posts above with shit all over the shop. Don't really get it.

breno and power like this.
  12. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

Yeah the inconsistency is very weird. I’ve seen multiple accounts of people seeing dildos spawning as loot everywhere and it coming off as a bit stupid and juvenile. I’ve never seen one except in Fingers place. What random bug causes unnecessary dildo spawning for some people but not others?

13. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

My only consistent bug, which may or may not be just a part of the engine, is basically snipe hacking, ie: Hacking from a long distance away. I don't always get the hacking in progress icons over heads, and occasionally hacks do nothing at all, but consume my RAM anyway. That and all the vehicles to buy are sunk like 1/2 a foot to a foot into the ground, and sproing up when I buy them. No t-poses, ever. I do have cyberpsychos moving like rabid squirrels, like they're fast forwarded, but I just assume they're supposed to move that fast?

edit: I have one gripe about the game. Only one. I'd like to be able to sell old cyberware mods and parts. Unless I'm retarded and you actually can.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  14. breno

breno Member

That why I think I won the cyberpunk lottery, I've got fairly minimal bugs except for one BSOD 5mins into the corpo story, never happened again.

15. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Rippers have a Trade area as well as the cyberware area, it's something you might have missed, I think that lets you sell mods but not parts.

If they move out of LOS hacking might fail unless you've done a ping on someone first? I think it runs under the same rule as enemy hackers hacking you.

Some of the cyberpsychos (and some random enemies) have a scripted "closing dodge" type deal to get up in your face and I think some of them have a side to side type dodge for avoiding gunfire.

16. power

power Member

the further you get the more zippy enemies you will come across, many cyberpsychos can move quickly.

seen 1 t-pose personally - i think a lot of the glitches and stuff online are from day 0/1 builds, glitch videos get lots of views so if you were to use that build and play lots you will see more/have more content to share.

the glitchiest area of the map for me is definitely near the dam, this is where I had a single instance of falling through the map.

17. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Low level enemies don't really do it but the higher you go the more common it becomes. Not even cyberpyscho's, you'll see standard dudes do it too.

18. power

power Member

yeah definitely see plenty of quick enemies as you level.

19. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Yeah aware of the trade area on the Ripperdocs. It's not that. There just seems to be no way to remove parts you no longer want. You forever have all your cyberdecks, etc, all the common parts you upgrade. It's a dogs breakfast.

As for the hacking, I'm using legendary ping amongst other things, which persists through walls and obstacles, and lets you quickhack through obstructions. I honestly think it's a range thing, not anything else. If I'm IN a hostile area, hacks work as intended. If I'm outside an area containing baddies, and I'm long range breaching, ping, contagion etc (+70m). Occasionally thats where my issues arise. I think just having Legendary Ping has altered my playstyle to highlight problems. I don't need to enter buildings, go near crime spawn points or breach an area to neutralise any targets with System Reset or a bunch of Contagions, since I can see everything and affect everything due to Legendary Ping.

As for the cyberpsychos, cool, I wasnt sure if it was glitchy or supposed to be cool looking.

20. Ck21

Ck21 Member

yeah there definitely is a range issue when it comes to combat, i think its intended, they must limit AI for engine performance reasons then anything else, although in saying that, this isnt the only game that does it, many games have the same AI behaviour when your outside the AI activation range.
    You can do it in Horizon zero dawn, all the mass effect games, all the far cry games for example, plus many more..

I like whipping out my legendary overwatch and sniping out an area, they dont react when there buddies heads start poppin off when your 70m+ away, makes clearing areas a total breeze, and getting in/out undetected way too easy :)