Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

I never realised (being a katana user) but I love how the attack animation basically guarantees headshots lol

2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Ouch! But he is kinda right.

3. Bass

Bass Member

Nice to see them pumping out those patches. Hopefully won't take long to get it working right for those having issues.

I passed 40 hours the other day, been awhile since a single player game has kept me occupied for that long. Like some others here I've halted progress on the main story (start of act 3 is the point of no return I believe) and am just cleaning up side quests.

4. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I dunno if 1.06 quietly fixed anything or if boosting the RAM speed to 3000MHz actually did anything. by enabling the XMP profile to 3000MHz it seems to have reduced the frame rate drops and all i get now is micro-stutter :D

Oh well can't win them all LUL

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  5. power

power Member

unusually harsh for one of his reviews but he seems to have a bone with CDPR over this game posting several generally negative videos - but at the same time the amount of bugs in his capture is pretty extraordinary so you can see why he'd post this review - it's another one of those situations where a lot of people are seeing bugfests and some people are barely seeing them.

macktheknife likes this.
  6. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

CDPR spent an entire year lying to customers about the state of their game then released a horribly broken game to rush it out . I've got a bone with CDPR about that, you'd think a guy who isn't a cookie cutter "game journalist" would feel the same way.

Even if there weren't bugs I'd still be pissed at CDPR because they kept telling us it was an immersive player driven RPG and it's just a GTA/Far Cry clone with minimal player choice.

Kookooburra and walker_2003 like this.
  7. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

8. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Minus actual impressive world interactions/physics (especially in GTA 5's case)

9. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Cyberpunk sux compared to 2004 GTA3

mesaoz likes this.
  10. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

GTA5 came out 1 year after CP2077 was announced too... 7 years ago.

Specifically because they lied (or deliberately misled) investors and public re: the state of those versions of the game.

walker_2003 likes this.
  11. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Well they lied about every version tbh, it's a beta not a full release. They do it with all there games.

mesaoz likes this.
  12. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Their marketing team really stuck a stick in their spokes too by being so arrogant writing cheques the devs couldn't cash

I'd be interested to see a list of all the content and features they cut out before release too

- braindances (you can collect them but not use them)
    - all the shit you can buy from vendors that is "junk"
    - fucking barbershops/character customisation
    - painting your damn cars... come one man gta3 did that shit
    - advanced parkour
    - dialogue options with NPCS that reference stuff that doesn't exist in the game at release
    - flying cars and helos exist, never get to use them which makes sense because if you get above the base line of the map you can do all sorts of broken shit clipping through buildings (e.g. getting into the cut V's mansion)
    - train usage
    - police chases
    - + the stuff that has been removed that they never announced whatever that might be

I'm sure someone has compiled a complete list

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  13. havabeer

havabeer Member

Cant wait for a documentary to come out in 3 years or so explaining what actually went wrong

Kookooburra likes this.
  14. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

"We allocated 500 staff to littering the world with dildos and forgot to make the game"

15. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

The witcher 3s success could've played a role, ie, they spent more time polishing it and furnishing it with DLC rather moving over to cyber immediately.

Its not like it was too ambitious, as we've seen games 7-15yrs older accomplish more.

16. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

They had more than enough time between Witcher 3 and this to make this much more polished than it is. Like I said CDPR are known for releasing beta games, grabbing cash then patching them over a year to make them "finished".

Don't get me wrong they make good games, Wticher 3 is a damn good game and Cyberpunk could be a good game once it's patched and filled out more but CDPR as a company aren't good, insane levels of hype built off a lot of broken launch promises but worst of all, false advertising. This isn't a finished game just like Witcher 3 wasn't when it was released which is why they spend years after it's release finishing it just like they'll do with Cyberpunk.

Gone are the days of a fully finished relatively bug free game launch.

Kookooburra likes this.
  17. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

One of the rumours floating around at the moment is that they rebooted a huge chunk of the game after they brought Keanu on board in 2018. Bit off way more they could chew by the sounds if it's true.

18. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Came in here after watching a few suggested GTAIII/IV/V vs Cyberpunk videos to see what you lot felt about it

I remember when everyone went nuts about him, put me off straight away

Kookooburra likes this.
  19. PureFire

PureFire Member

In my opinion the success of GTA was built on a good story, great music and SFX, hilarious ads and comedy, and of course the open world feeling of freedom to drive around in whatever car you could jump into. GTAV added more detail to the world and higher textures but I didn't laugh anywhere near as much compared to previous GTA titles and the traffic AI was down right annoying, as every time you near an intersection a car is guaranteed to slow down or speed up to deliberately crash into you or the car ahead suddenly jumps into the lane you need to make the next turn. All of which created a driving experience that is really annoying and shaking the cops at 2 or 3 stars takes minutes to complete.

Cyberpunk has a great story with more depth, phenomenal audio and SFX, hilarious ads, and graphical details that are way beyond what GTAV achieved (acknowledging there are many years separating both games and technology has advanced). The cars look amazing but need better handling statistics and the minimap needs to be zoomed out while driving but overall its a lot more relaxed experience and can easily be fixed. The cops popping out of thin air is quite stupid but you shake them in less than 30 seconds and the game isnt about you being a criminal avoiding cops so its not an issue.

Cyberpunk definitely feels unfinished but the devs will fix all the issues and more importantly the world they have created is one I will happily play for hundreds of hours longer than I have in GTAV. In GTAVC, GTASA, GTA4 I have many hundreds of hours in each mostly from just driving around. In GTA4 I even imported a handful of cars that I made in 3D so I am hopeful that Cyberpunk has a modding scene that I can play around with to add that cherry to the top.

zoki_007 and Kookooburra like this.
  20. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

Sums up more or less how I feel, if forced to compare gtav and cp2077.

GTAV the story was good, the voice acting was quite good, the missions were mostly fun, the npcs and AI seemed better but I didn't feel compelled to do side jobs and put off completing the main quest and when left with the open world after wrapping up the main story I didn't really care to hang around and explore much.

Cyberpunk I feel the opposite, despite its flaws, I certainly approached it as an RPG and imagined a character for the world I'm playing in, there is no competition so no need to use meta loadouts or builds to get ahead, just what I felt was right for the character I created instead of trying to break the game. The setting certainly helped, I'm a big fan of the cyberpunk genre and think its a lot more interesting than a contemporary type setting like GTA games usually occupy. That being said, apart from having an open world, I don't really see the point of comparing the two.

AllezAllez likes this.