D-Link firmware upgrade?

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by jw7, May 16, 2003.

1. jw7

jw7 Member

Has anyone upgraded the latest D-Link 614+ and 650+ 's American version of firmware?

'cause there is a warning on D-link support website says the firmware is for United States only, is there a problem and risk?

I think that in order to take advantage of 22mbit, I have to upgrade to the latest firmware, am I right? ('cause I only can get 6000~7000 kpbs now and there is no 4X option in both unit's configuration.)

thanks

2. BBQ_69

BBQ_69 Member

I updated to whatever the latest firmware was a few weeks ago (from the dlink australia site), it had the 4x option, also the latest DWL-520+ had the 4x option, with both enabled I was getting ~1.5MB/s Uploads and ~1.2MB/s Downloads through it, I removed the firmware shortly after as I kept getting connection dropouts.
    I am currently using the "2.16bpa16" firmware, it doesnt give as higher bandwidth, but atleast it doesnt drop out.

Last edited: May 16, 2003
  3. OP
    OP
    jw7

jw7 Member

I've got latest firmware from American website. after install there is only a marginal improvement of speed. From 5000 kpbs to 7000kps now.:sick:

4. mibberz

mibberz Member

the american firmware is a joke, they havnt delt with half of the problems that the aust firmware has