Dark Souls III - 2016

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by power, Dec 7, 2015.

1. power

power Member

You Died (again)

Hope it's better than 2, I much preferred 1 but I'm willing to give this one a go.

2. stitch512

stitch512 Member

The new yearly franchise.

I will pick up DS2 during the boxing day sales and give it a go, the gameplay is really not for me though as I find the controls to be completely shit but that was from my experience with playing DS1 on PC which was a terrible port, so I hope I enjoy DS2 more.

3. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

I found the architecture and world to be more interesting in 1, and with a controller gameplay was very good (played the Prepare to Die edition on PC).

Only thing is From have a nasty habit of releasing the game then 1 or 2 DLC's which flesh the game right out. I will wait for that version. I'm waiting for Bloodborne to come down a bit in price now that the GOTY edition is out on PS4.

4. Razor-47

Razor-47 Member

I think it's a bit too early to give it that (derogatory?) title. There was a 3 year gap between DS1 and 2 and it's not as though they've compromised the quality with each new iteration. I know DS2 cops a lot of flak as not being up to the bar of the first but I still found it pretty enjoyable in it's own right. Let's face it, the original Dark Souls was a modern masterpiece.

5. stitch512

stitch512 Member

I want to be very clear about this, I have nothing against this series and in fact am excited to give Bloodborne a go when I eventually get to it however...

Saying Bloodborne isn't a dark souls game is like saying Advanced Warfare isnt a COD game. That technically means one souls game a year for three years. Can also bet that Bloodborne 2 will be out in 2017. The popularity for this series is so high right now that From and Sony would be crazy not to cash in on it.

I Bought DS2 yesterday and played up until the first boss and got slaughtered, badly. The learning curve is quite steep however I think that when I get the hang of it I will really enjoy the game. I hope to have it completed before DS3.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  6. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

Bit of gameplay, looking good.

7. Razor-47

Razor-47 Member

I wonder what that blue bar is? There was a blue bar for magic in Demon's Souls but it doesn't look like he's using any spells when it decreases.

8. Boneman

Boneman Member

Blue bar looks like magic/skills, has its own estus flask too. :thumbup:

9. Dingostolemyghz

Dingostolemyghz Member

Never liked the 'spell uses' mechanic in DS1 and 2, hopefully the mana system in DS3 is better.

10. Snufkin

Snufkin Member

DS2 had some great changes, but never quite the feel or depth of 1 - there was a kind of disjointedness to 2 that felt strange.
    BB was great.
    I'm sure I'll spend lots of time rolling through barrels in 3.

I'd really love to see From do a sci-fi Souls style game and break away from the pure fantasy theme for a while.

11. dahurldog

dahurldog Member

Can't wait. Got my leave booked for a week when DS3 comes out.

12. nornicle

nornicle Member

I have DSII on my PS4 and played nary an hour on it, the first one hooked me in and I spent at least a day in the first 'area' that ended up being a 10 minute sequence in future runs.. I killed Sif and then lost interest for whatever reason.

13. zed_kid

zed_kid Member

Hey guys if I pre-order on PSN is there a pre-load? And will it unlock at 12am Tuesday? Never pre-ordered on PSN before. :)

14. dahurldog

dahurldog Member

Yep it should.

I'm tempted to do the same but $99 - bloody hell.

15. zed_kid

zed_kid Member

Yeah true. I don’t mind paying $20 more or whatever it is, if it means the game unlocks at 12am Tuesday, but if it’s like 2-3am might as well get a decent sleep in and pick up the physical copy in the morning.

16. Unframed

Unframed Member

Played DS3 last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It felt a lot like DS1 but probably not quite as challenging (by no measure was it easy). I'll definitely be grabbing a copy.

17. SeVeN21

SeVeN21 Member

Target have it for $79. Let me know if you find it cheaper!