Dark Souls

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Boneman

Boneman Member

I just hope they update the menu system, its not a big thing but it will make this game perfect. Might have to play through it again a few more times just to be ready.

2. recoN

recoN Member

Really looking forward to the remaster. I only played DS1 up to the first boss cause it became unplayable with DSfix and the shitty key bindings. This is like a whole new DS for me :D

3. power

power Member

wish they'd remaster Demon's Souls instead sick of eleventy billion versions of DS yet Demon's Souls is stuck on PS3 forever, even Bloodborne is stuck on PS4. FFS From Software!

play with a controller - it's perfect!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  4. Boneman

Boneman Member

Demons Souls and Bloodborne are owned by Sony, most likely never be on anything but Playstation.

5. power

power Member

I'd buy PS4 Demon's Souls!

6. Boneman

Boneman Member

Blighttown fixed, praise the Sun! Hope the PC version runs the same.

7. AERO

AERO Member

seen alot of peeps and revies saying basically its the same game with very few changes, hackers invading and screwing your game saves? (dunno how) or something, and only really just looks prettier.

i have the prepare to die edition and only really got to the first boss, however after putting 140 hours into ds3 (least finishing the original game and getting two toons ot about level 100ish) had considered getting the remastered version to see how i go but not sure if i should bother. gonna fire up ds2 again too to see if i can get past where i struggled last time. one of hte bosses kept owning me over and over and i gave up. guessing ds3 was more user friendly

8. pcwizard

pcwizard Member

Picked up this one on Steam – Dark Souls Remastered rocking n rolling STOP it fantastic improvements...
    Turn it up I will play this game again and again and again...
    Have original Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition...
    Also have Dark Souls II Scholar of First Sin...
    Also have Dark Sous III The Fire Fades Edition...

9. AERO

AERO Member

so you reckon its heaps better than the prepare to die edition?

10. Ogre

Ogre Member

Not worth paying money for it if you already have Prepare to die

11. AERO

AERO Member

funny enough i pulled out the prepare to die ed last night, only ever got to the first boss tarurus and failed, a few attempts later and i smashed him, got up to the next boss the gargoyles on the roof, got it to low hp but ended up going to bed, it was 2am. think ive revived this game for me :) its funny going back from ds3 to this. no fast travel :)

12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Never played any DS games out of fear.. But maybe I should try the remastered edition.. But probably only if 100+ fps at 1440p and polished. Can anyone advise?

13. Ogre

Ogre Member

60FPS cap i believe

14. power

power Member

Due to physics, which is bad enough to start with without driving it completely bonkers.

15. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Doh! Maybe ill wait till I get a 4k as second monitor and try it then.

16. recoN

recoN Member

Per above, never played #1 because it ran like dogshit on PC.

Absolutely loving DS1 remaster. Looks and plays great. Obviously not as fluid as DS3 but still decent.

Just got the lordvessel and probably wasted about 4 hours trying to take of various bosses, Nito, Seathe..

Walker - I'd recommend DS3 for a first experience. They took everything they learnt and made it perfect and it definitely shows.

17. AERO

AERO Member

I played a fair bit, up to blight town, in the prepare to die ed. Had my ups and downs. Just trying to learn my way round. Cleared up top. Made it down to the bottom bonfire and logged there. Around soul level 37ish. Enjoying it. Last boss I summoned help one being a real player was great. Kinda teaches me how to play.

I’ve been watching a guy on YouTube how to play through as I did for ds3 ( that was the fighting cowboy or something) had plenty of deaths but certainly entertained. If I get through this I’ll go back and try ds2 again I reckon. Tonight was a forza horizon 2 night with the wife :)

18. AERO

AERO Member

while watching a play through to give me hints and tips on my first play through (though prepare to die ed) ive cleared blight town, the tower is done (the house of 1000 traps) and im doing the lower londo ruins?) where the ghosts are, been a bit annoying but ive managed to drain the water. just died too many times on the dark wraiths on ground level so im callin it a night. too many stupid mistakes :(.

anyway lovin this play through, certainly refreshes the dark souls idea into me :) its punishing.

19. Sarsippius

Sarsippius Member

From what I can gather the Remaster is really no better than the original with DSFix, it's a patch not a remaster and it's pretty outrageous to charge almost full price for it. I've got the Prepare to Die Edition, I'm not sure if I can even play it anymore, not that I'm likely to any time soon but I definitely won't be paying even the owners discount price for the "remaster".

If you don't own it and haven't played it then that's a different story although probably still too expensive for what is an old game.

20. AERO

AERO Member

yea well just looking at the rez/texture and sitting at 30 fps for the prepare to die ed, compared to what ive seen on twitch would be nice to have a smooth running copy though.