1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dartsoft

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by DangerMaus, Feb 13, 2020.

1. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Nerf suggests ineffectual blasters launching darts a few meters. Even when they're highly modified the name nerf brings to mind low powered children's toys. This is OCAU and we're all about modding and overclocking.

So to move away from the under powered connotations of nerf,
    Dartsoft...

200-300fps half length nerf format darts tagging people 50+m away? The closest thing you can get to Airsoft in Australia IMO. Ranges and accuracy are far superior to gel blasters you just don't quite have the extreme rate of fire and spray and pray ability.

Having played paintball, gelsoft and dartsoft I can say that dartsoft is easily the most friendly, accessible, affordable and legal blaster hobby in Aus.

Great video courtesy of Justin from MTB.

Yes the juxtaposition of the blaster colours and cams is odd but we are accounting for laws in restrictive states and playing it safe it terms of blaster appearance. You learn to hide them from enemy view when playing.
    2020-02-09_Shrapnel_Chasm.jpg 2020-01-26_Wasteland_Extermin_01_facebook.jpg

Uncle Fester and mad_mic3 like this.
  2. mad_mic3

mad_mic3 Member

looks like fun:)

3. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester Member

I have a varied collection of Nerf which I used to mess about with, with my kids. (Maveric to Vulcan :lol:) The interest wained because Nerf...

My Google-fu has failed me, please, pray tell where I could buy these weapons of fun?

Cheers :)

4. OP
    OP
    DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

It's difficult to buy out of the box performance blasters especially in Australia but there are a few that offer pre-built kits,

Blastertech in QLD is good, Dean will give you great advice.
    https://www.blastertech.com.au/
    Monkeemods is another good supplier with great after sales service
    https://www.monkeemods.com/
    AK blaster mods is meant to be good but I personally haven't got stuff from them yet.
    https://www.ak-blastermod.com/

There are cheaper Chinese suppliers that sell the components but shipping can take ages and they can be unreliable at times.
    Workerkit and Nfstrike are run by the same people but have different deals on certain things for some reason. I've got plenty of stuff from both of them and they're not terrible but nowhere near as good as BT and Monkeemods.

Oh, out of darts and foamblast in the US are good if you're after particular parts. Out of darts has some cool rival stuff but I personally hate rival except for indoor use.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Uncle Fester likes this.
  5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

That bubble lens video made me dizzy :p

Does look like a lot of fun.

6. OP
    OP
    DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

There was a full auto 270+fps blaster on the field today, very impressive to see in action.

It's great fun.

https://geektyrant.com/news/nerf-finally-brings-us-halo-themed-weapons

I'll be getting a few of the MA40 blasters to overhaul. Thinking select fire 200+ fps flywheeler in one of them. "Should" have enough room for a decent sized 3s battery.

The dartzone pro 1.1 is being released at Target in the US tomorrow? It's the first off the shelf performance blaster using the half length dart format (it can fire full length but they suck). Problem is it's $150 usd and by the time you get one here it tends to be cheaper to build something that will perform better. Hopefully it gets the ball rolling with more high end blasters though.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020