DayZ Mod - ArmA II: CO

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Kitler, May 15, 2012.

1. Autti

Autti Member

Honestly. Only noobs don't like the Enfield.

It is such a strong PvP weapon its ridiculous. 300m is an easy kill for enfield, and its 1 hit!

I hold onto an enfield until i find a sniper to swap it with.

If you can't deal with zombies your doing it wrong. Just run through buildings.

2. Morphine

Morphine Member

I've yet to find an Enfield :(

3. Punch Bunny

Punch Bunny Member

Damn it, this game is addictive!

After seeing a friend play DayZ I decided to get ARMA II and play DayZ too. My first few attempts at playing involved me roaming around mindlessly, dying a lot to zombies. Once I sussed out how to handle zombies, it turned out players were my worst enemy... I'd try to be friendly and help people, but inevitably I'd be trying to assist somebody and get a hatchet in my back in return.

So now I no longer play Mr Nice Guy. Once I get my hands on a weapon, I've noticed the easiest way to get gear upgrades is to take them by force from other players. A little bit of patience goes a long way here... I will lurk in the bushes and ambush my victims, or stalk people for a while and nail them when they least expect it. My last character roamed solo and I think I must have killed about a dozen other players (including slaying a group of three outside of Balota with only a Winchester and some careful planning - that got me some NICE military gear) before I got reckless and died while looting a freshly-made corpse while bullets were flying around me (I was bleeding out and had no bandages). At times like that, I wish I wasn't a lone wolf.

I wouldn't mind teaming up with somebody sometime - I seem to "acquire" more gear than I know what to do with :p I tend to wait and ambush people though, which is time consuming and could get boring for others.

4. bennyling

bennyling Member

That's called "camping", and it's nothing new.

There was this one time the three of us camped up an airfield for FIVE HOURS. I think we saw one person during that entire time... :lol:

5. iNoob

iNoob Member

Hey guys,

Anyone know of any good youtube DayZ lp'ers?

I'm currently following:

Sacriel
    Thedevildoggamer

I find both have excellent squad gameplay with really good tactics which I love to watch, anyone have their own recommendations?

6. Clippit

Clippit Member

i am still going, day 34 or whatever now. my tactical secret? long periods of hibernation.

i came across a dead guy with 7 blood packs on him, and no ammo (must have been gummed to death by zombies). couple of guns too but who cares about that rite? mo money, mo problems...

anyway now i'm looking to offload these blood packs as i have no use for them. i would rather give them/have them stolen by some ocau person than just some random idiot so tell me if you want them! will also trade for AKM mags :)

7. LINUX

LINUX Member

I'm thinking of having this game at a LAN, are there any issues when multiple people join the same server from the same public IP? I ran across someone in game who said his friend was having trouble connecting while he was in game, anybody got it working before?

8. Marksman X

Marksman X Member

Devildogs a champ, play regular Arma with him. He was a squad based designated marksman in the Marines. Got some kick arse stories. He has a playlist called Marine Mondays or somesuch where he talks about it.

9. Domokun

Domokun Member

Connecting from the same IP address is fine as long as the port varies. For example, you can use ports 2303-2305. All you need to do is specify the port in the launch parameters.

-port=2303

If you have multiple launch parameters, it may look like the following:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz -nosplash -port=2303

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  10. LINUX

LINUX Member

Cheers mate :thumbup:

Now all I need to do is work out how to launch the game without doing it through 6 launcher. Should be alright.

11. beckyboo

beckyboo New Member

Don't connect to the HIVE for the lan game, play a standalone server. Can introduce your own vehicles and stuff then.

12. Sico Music

Sico Music Member

Horry Fook.

I just had a close encounter or what.

Pretty much, I'm set. I have an AK74 with 6 mags, a Hunting rifle with 2 mags, 4 meat, blood transfusion, ALICE backpack, matches, map, watch. Pretty much everything you need to survive.

I went up to the international airfield. I knew I shouldn't since I was set, but I did and fuck do I regret it. I sneaked in, through bushes and everything was convinced I hadn't been seen. I was just about to make an attempt at moving into one of the barracks with large military loot, then suddenly, gunshot in the distance, I stayed still (thinking it might of been someone shooting a zombie or something). (I was under a pine tree) Then a second one which zoomed past me, I jumped up, as I did someone must of opened fire with a M249, holy fuck there were a lot of bullets going around me. I reckon there must of been 4 shooters, there was so much gun noise in an instance. I took a bullet but survived, and I just fucking ran. and ran. and ran. and logged out. Now I'm down from 12k blood to 6.5k. That was some intense shit.

I can't handle this shit. I just know I'm going to die soon enough.

Also nearly had a vehicle today, a red UAZ, some guy was just sitting in it not moving, so I shot him (bandit ways for life) but it must of glitched, because he got out of the car and just stood still with blood pouring out of him. So I shot him 2 more times, but the bullets went through him and hit the car and blew it up :(

13. Alby

Alby Member

1. Pine trees render AFTER players, so being under one actually doesnt provide much cover from snipers.

2. That sounds like how my/our group works. Always snipe a target first but if they run we let the more trigger happy loose on them with possibly dual M249s :D

If a player dies inside a vehicle they will step out like nothing happened and then proceed to die. Sometimes players die while still standing up or in really weird positions. You should always check your kill counter to see if you got the kill or not.

14. ShadowGeoff

ShadowGeoff Member

After spending a good 2 or so hours today making my way back to my camp I finally got there when it was dark on the server. I picked up my NVGs and went for a run into a nearby supermarket to check for a tent I might put on another server. When I got there I found a group of three fresh characters with double barrels and chemlights out raiding the town. This was the first time I felt I would be safe interacting with players, since I had NVG and an AK. I kept my distance but I called out to them over direct comms to see if they were feindly. They said they werent hostile but didn't need any help apart from some painkillers. I was carrying around one pack (more in the tent) so I told them to stay where they were while I put one on the ground and then I backed off and told them where to find it. The drop and pickup went off without a hitch.

I was backed off and crounched perhaps 40m away behind a chain fence with some pillars. It was pitch black as far as I could tell without NVG. The guy who picked up the painkillers then turned towards me and snapped a double barrel shot off in my direction. I responded with a full burst into his centre of mass with the AK, then keeled over and died of blood loss. I have no idea how bad I hurt him.

This is the third time I have been murdered unprovoked, and the first time I have been murdered whilst actually helping somebody. From now on, no mercy. I don't have time to spare doing corpse runs, the cost of helping people is too high. The next time I see a group like that I am going to murder all of them.

15. C0ncrete

C0ncrete Member

Dude this game is so cool. I want it.

16. praytella

praytella (Banned or Deleted)

LOL, you sound like you have finally been un-noobed.

Meanwhile 7 of us raided north side of Cherno driving a Ural in and wasting any infected resistance. We stripped the area of car parts, meds and other gear, and as we all piled in the Ural and were about to leave some random comes running towards us from the south. After confirming not one of us through TS3 (well no one actually replied so too bad if he was one of us), I jumped out of the truck and sent 5 or 6 bullets his direction just as he did the "friendly dance". Poor bugger managed to get one shot off before collapsing. Survival is a bitch and he just became mine. Even if I identified the friendly dance before shooting, he wasn't welcome anyway, but his slow response and even trying to approach us cost him any chance of living.

Sorry mate, but you didn't pay the fare for the truck ride.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  17. Alby

Alby Member

I cant believe there are still people working this out the hard way. Majority of players are not hostile by choice but because its the only way to survive; we share our stories and advise so you don't need to experience the pain. The guy probably shot you because he thought it was a bait and trap, I mean you were hiding 40m away staring at him. Either way, why were you within shotgun range and visible enough that he knew exactly where you were? It is never really pitch black apart from when in the forest.

18. praytella

This.

Why would you be in sight, you would have been better going around a corner and using 3rd person to cheat your view. Not to mention 40m is not that far away, you should have went back to the best range for your weapon vs theirs.

Because you have NVG's doesnt mean that either they or one of their party doesn't, and/or gamma trick. Try it out yourself next time, turn off the NVG and crank up the gamma trick and you may be surprised at how little advantage you really have.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  19. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

had a blast ute driving tonight , air strip , both novy's , then international, then back out to the sticks, loads of fun, turns out im a decent driver too which was a surprise .

20. praytella

We all shared your surprise. No explosions tonight. Must be a first.