DayZ Mod - ArmA II: CO

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Kitler, May 15, 2012.

1. ShadowGeoff

ShadowGeoff Member

It would be nice to have an OCAU DayZ in sever meetup. Son long as it didn't turn lethal.

2. power

power Member

it depends who turns up, lol!

3. bennyling

bennyling Member

I can't see that going well. At all.

Hatchet meetup, maybe, but not if all of us have AS50s/NVGs etc, etc.

4. tojara69

tojara69 Member

Yeah im keen for a meetup on the middle of the strip at NW Airfield.

5. FiShy

FiShy Member

lol, its dayz.

6. Nashkell

Nashkell Member

Anybody near Staroye that wants to retrieve a bloodbag from my backpack attached to my 700 blood unconscious body so I continue driving my bus :(

7. bennyling

bennyling Member

Just tell me which server and I'm there. Somehow managed to spawn in Elektro with all my gear, might as well help out a fellow OCAUer while I'm down here :)

Edit: does anyone know why I get 2-3fps now? Was fine before the patch :(

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  8. Nashkell

Nashkell Member

I can join any server you are in, the server that has my bus is taking over 5 mins to join atm so it is a bit of a pain >.<
    *edit* I just started using DayZ commander today and for some reason it sometimes opens up two ArmaIIs so maybe that is causing low fps?

9. bennyling

bennyling Member

Once I get some stable FPS I'll come rescue you, I see they added a few new video options so maybe that's what's screwing with it.

EDIT: nope, doesn't look like that was it. Halved my res and turned everything down and it's still running like a slideshow. Seems okay in the armoury so I'm not sure what's wrong...

Edit, edit: okay, seemed to have fixed it. I have to go out before 7, so add me on Steam (I've sent you a PM) and we'll jump into the same server (to save time I am already at Staryoye) :thumbup:)

Edit edit edit: Ugh. Seems fine on some servers, totally not fine on others. Alphas, am I right? :Paranoid:

10. Thraxeh

Thraxeh Member

friend and I found one random thing after the patch.

On one server he had 300 ping, and I had 40 ping
    Another server he had 40 ping and I had ~200 ping.

I'm on TPG adsl2+ he is on optus cable.

Both servers were NZ :confused:

11. power

power Member

how is that random, clearly TPG and Optus are using a different international link to whatever servers you are hitting.

12. Thraxeh

Thraxeh Member

It would make more sense if our pings were consistant across all the NZ servers right?

13. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

I'd gladly drive over to help you, have about 15 blood bags on me, but my 2nd ATV has finally been stolen :(
    That ATV was hard for me to find and I knew where it was. It was pretty much invisible hidden inside a tree way on the edge of the map far away from anything. So hard to secure a camp.
    I think that ATV had a coyote pack, a couple sets of NVG, range finder, A FAL with NV scope, couple DMRs, Silenced M4, Bizon SD, etc. So if one of you just found a sweet ride with some sweet loot, enjoy!

Also, Holy nerf batman! 1911 damage from 4500 down to 1300. Really need those headshots now.

14. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Are there any particularly good US servers? Should I just connect to any one which has decent ping?

Is there a difference between servers listed as veteran or reg/rookie etc?

15. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

scratch that , doing dinner will be on late

/gemtech

16. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

just sort by ping and play one the lower ping ones with 10-15 people on them, the ones with less are generally night time , and the difference in difficulty i dont think matters much , just ignore that , some servers have 3rd person disabled and names \ the map works differently on some but thats not a big deal. but just try a few

17. Dingostolemyghz

Dingostolemyghz Member

They seem to have gone too far. They're loud and have small clips and lower rof, nerfing it so it took 2 body shots to kill a zed would've made a bit of sense balancing things out - but as it is now the .45s have gone from being a much better option compared to one of the 9mm variants to a much worse option.

18. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Yeah seems you have to have headshots now, which makes sense for zombies, but with their horrible jittery and rapid animations it is a bit tough headshotting with a pistol with shitty iron sights.

Do the 9mm guns instant kill on HS? If so then they seem like a far better option than the 45s. Going to be rough starting off now. Shotguns seem like a pretty great starting option now, fuck the pistols.

Shit, my Silenced M9 was in the ATV :(

Also they halved the damage on the Lee Enfield so it'll be pretty crap for PVP. Lowered its audible range a lot as well but its still up there with the DMR and its loud kin.

19. Dingostolemyghz

Dingostolemyghz Member

Looks like they nerfed the dmg of the 9mm guns too, i thought it was just the .45s getting nerfed. Not sure if they still 1 shot to the head, they used to.

20. praytella

praytella (Banned or Deleted)

Seems like it low frames is server specific or something. Jumped in another US server and all good (til I got kicked for ping).

Maybe ours just needs a "bounce" (leet speak, it means restart).