DayZ Mod - ArmA II: CO

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Kitler, May 15, 2012.

1. Alby

Alby Member

This would be possible if there were more vehicles and if they didn't crash so easily. Tho this would only really occur on a different map with perhaps more large cities and at an earlier time since infection began.

2. FiShy

FiShy Member

Someone stole our ural and one of our pickups, then we crashed our other pickup. In 30 minutes we had found 4 more cars.

It's not hard to find peoples camps

3. Ogre

Ogre Member

I thought vehicles were controlled by the HIVE?

When playing on servers other than the main one I play on (Which seems to have disappeared) I just shoot up cards now, destroy the tires/wheels etc

The reason people use them to hit gear locations is because that’s all they are really good at (besides for moving around quickly), if you get in a vehicle you become a big large noisy target so people use them as mobile tents.

They are a long way from being able to do hit and runs, besides from all the badly placed crap all over the roads as far as I am aware there is no way to shoot out of a vehicle.

4. FiShy

FiShy Member

My group spent 2 hours fixing one car up on a new server, we sure as hell are going do our best to hide it after that much effort.

5. Ospi

Ospi Member

My first real taste at the frustrations of this mod. Has such good gear, tent, hunting gear, rifle, handgun, map/compass heaps of food and water and then I decided to be careless for onneee little instance.

back to square 1!! Must admit the lack of any real objective will probably have me over it soon but it's fun while it lasts. I need to play with someone and work through it as a team to enjoy it more I guess, but 90% of people kill me anyway lol.

6. japes

japes Member

Speaking of careless, just got set up with plenty of foods and weapons, climbing a ladder on a warehouse. Friend and I get to the top and randomly fall off :lol:

7. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

It's very hard to hoard vehicles. As my stolen 3x Urals, 3x ATVs, 2x hatchbacks, 2x UAZ, 1x motorbikes demonstrate. It might take YOU quite some time and luck to find my stash, but with a server having 50 people and lots of server hopping its pretty hard to actually keep them. I've come back to my vehicles robbed and all their wheels shot out, my guess is from server hoppers finding them. Imagine how hard its going to be on a 100 person, or 200 person server.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  8. Giscinc

Giscinc Member

should have an OCAU dayz vent/ts channel somewhere so we can play together

9. praytella

praytella (Banned or Deleted)

And that would be a reality but for one OCAU member who thought he was above anyone else.... so... sorry...

10. rockofclay

rockofclay Member

Hey, well let me know if you want to meet up in game!

11. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Server now has crosshair turned on?

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

12. Marksman X

Marksman X Member

It's turned off in the config, not sure why the hell it's still on to be honest.

13. praytella

Can you try and update the server to the latest dayz patch, even if just a beta. Server currently is sucky.

14. Thraxeh

Thraxeh Member

My friend and I just finished an epic 8 hour Dayz session. Bascially walked the whole map, from top to bottom, and then to the east coast. We did not see 1 vehicle and now are on a mission to find one.

We check out the spawn points located here - http://southcoastbeanwars.com/dayz-maps/Vehicle-spawn-map.jpg

So far thats our only plan of attack. Are we wasting time looking at vehicle spawn locations? What sort of pointers can you give us noobs in finding a vehicle?

15. japes

japes Member

Came up behind someone in the bush overlooking the SW Airfield, I had nothing. Snuck up behind him as he went into the control tower, pulled a CV550 or whatever it is out of his pack, but he turned around right as I fired and I didn't get a headshot :lol:

Managed to get an axe kill on someone again today though, FRAPs wasn't running, and in the heat of the moment I goofed the "Try and get a reservation at Dorsia now you stupid fuck!" and managed to mix the sentence up :lol::thumbup:

16. Ospi

Ospi Member

Had a bit of fun in the farm house, they are so slow in there so I ran around the city gathering as many as I could, ran into the farmhouse where I had a 2nd rifle with heaps of ammo and let rip. 50 kills later! I'm not doing this right am I...

17. Marksman X

Marksman X Member

The update needs some tweaking before I'm using it.

This is what I get when I go to update:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  18. jtool

jtool Member

Artifacting.. artifacting everywhere. For heaps of people :S

19. glimmerman

glimmerman Member

updating the server should be fine, just allow clients to connect with earlier verions.

We updated our server so players can use the higher VON quality.

20. praytella

Well there isn't much point in leaving it, as it's currently unplayable if I can't use a tent.