DayZ Mod - ArmA II: CO

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Kitler, May 15, 2012.

1. FiShy

FiShy Member

Did you atleast video dux being run over?

2. irR4tiOn4L

irR4tiOn4L Member

Did the 5.56 rounds not go through the front and back windows while the AKM 7.62 rounds did (and did the windows not shatter?) or was it just great shooting vs poor shooting?

3. bennyling

bennyling Member

Sadly no, happened so spontaneously. Total accident.

Great positioning as well as great shooting. The S0123's bottom window ledge is about chest height — if you stand up behind it, you'll be able to see clear through every window — from where he was, Sub could have taken all the time in the world to kill the other guys, and the only way they could have killed him was with an extremely well-aimed headshot.

As soon as I crawled behind Sub (behind the Van) to bandage, there were no bullet pings. It was a safe haven, free from flying rounds.

4. Domokun

Domokun Member

People can still disconnect when bleeding out so you can't take their gear? :(

5. bennyling

bennyling Member

As of 1.7.4.4 they couldn't due to the in combat thing, if shooting happens within 50m (100?) they can't disconnect for 10 seconds. I suppose if the shooting stopped for little while they could.

Not sure if 1.7.5 changed this, there was something in the patch notes about removing the in-combat bot thing...

Also if you haven't seen it:

6. her0

her0 Member

Hey guys,

Just got into DayZ, and since a lot of OCAU folk are chillin at Shiz, i wanted to apply also. What exactly do we need to e-mail them? what is GUID?

7. bennyling

bennyling Member

Join a server (doesn't have to be Shizweak's), open up chat (/ key) and type #beclient guid. Note down the long string of alphanumerics it gives you, email that off.

It can take a while for the #beclient guid command to give a result, so run around in a server for a while. If that doesn't work, you can do "#beclient players" and find your own name in the list.

8. her0

her0 Member

THanks Bennyling.

Will do.

9. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

as of 1.7.5 you can't log within 30 secs of being in combat. And combat mode has a hair trigger now.. engages for anything, and a LOT. If someone else even aggros a zombie nearby it puts you in combat

10. ACAlover

ACAlover (Banned or Deleted)

Actually you still can, just not via standard methods (ie hitting abort or alt F4)

11. LINUX

LINUX Member

Lots of action in the Shizweak server tonight, who was in that chopper floating around Electro? The one following the 4WD my group stole?

Also, I got really lucky killing Bullet, who was sniping into Electro. He shot at my mates while I was skirting around town, I was pretty close and was able to follow the shot sounds and rake him with AK fire.

12. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

i was in the biplane. went past a huey a number of times on the coast

i posted a novel on last night's adventures on wp, so i'll be brief

flying biplane with no blood.. pass out a number of times but still kept it in the air

big shitfight behind pik after a huey was kamikazed into an suv. 3 or 4 different crews came in like moths to the flame. great fun

13. LINUX

LINUX Member

I was wondering how it crashed! Heard the explosion while cowering in the Elektro Fire/Power station. That chopper appeared out of nowhere after we stole the SUV, followed us for the next hour or so.

14. LINUX

LINUX Member

Here is a highlight from last night, a friend (Zaldarr) and I (Bio) were sniping/observing from the West of Elektro. Shortly before I started recording we saw someone on the far hill trying to see us, then the Ural turned up and about 4 guys died fighting over it.

I just wanted to record the zombies, didn't expect anyone else to turn up.

15. $qwuzzy

$qwuzzy Member

Nice!

There seems to be different items since the last time I played.
    Is that a server thing, or an update thing?

16. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

HAHAHAHAHA that was us on the hill! :lol:

gruseaux was further up watching elektro when martino & i came up behind in the V3S (not a ural). Martino bailed and ran over there on foot while i drove around the dirt road. saw someone running over to where martino was and notified him. I got down to the power station road and they started a bit of a shootout, while i drove back up to where you see it in the vid & got it stuck on a rock or something.

that was a crazy few mins. bernum tried to kill me in the car but i had bailed out the other side, came around and about to shoot when martino killed him directly in line with me, so my shots hit martino instead and he died lol
    then all of a sudden there are a bunch of other people on the hill killing each other. i had run out of ammo so bolted up the hill, while they mostly died & gruso popped the last one.

i eventually came back down to try and get the V3S moving again but it wouldn't move. i think it needed a wheel.

17. Linkin

Linkin Member

FFS, sick of this hacker shit. People can't even leave you alone if you're unarmed. Some dickhead telling me to stop, teleporting behind me wherever I run. Fuck you.

18. bucsta

bucsta Member

I think its both.
    Shizweak has some extra items on the server and the latest patch has a few changes too.

19. LINUX

LINUX Member

You got every zombie in Elektro chasing you :p. I didn't know there was a difference between the V3S and Ural, I've spent way too long playing on servers with no cars.

20. wazandy

wazandy Member

Help needed on DayZ.

I'm pretty savvy with PC gaming.

But DayZ?

I have no idea how this little bugger can get itself to work.

I have Combined Operations on Steam. Presumably, they're patching themselves automatically via update (?)

I (now) have DayZ on Steam - released in the last day or so.

But every time I try to start a multi game, I'm told my version is incorrect.

So it seems I have two applications, both with patches, beta or otherwise.

And the two have to have match perfectly or the thing just won't run.

Do I need to patch Arma from Bohemia?

Do I need to download DayZ patches (even though it's on Steam now?)

Help!