DayZ Mod - ArmA II: CO

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Kitler, May 15, 2012.

1. shizmo

shizmo Member

I am having some fun with servers with ~200 vehicles ~40 choppers....

Chernarus is still big enough to for all the added vehicles to find your own space most times yet more random encounters...

Last night got a truck after about 30mins, explored a few crash sites then got spotted by a chopper squad who followed me around trying to take me out for 5 mins on the road. Went deep into the forest to try get away but they landed and put some ground troops down. Managed to get away but they shot out my tyres from the chopper few KM's back on the road. Held up in a store for 15 minutes while getting peppered from the hillside. Snuck around the town taking potshots at the sniper who I managed to spot but only had AK no sight :upset:

Guy with a SAW tries to flank me, I take him out get his SAW but I am about 2k blood, zombies flooding me left right as I let off about 300 rounds in my Rambo effort to survive against all odds but picked off by a random bambi heading north.

That is DayZ.

2. $qwuzzy

$qwuzzy Member

Which server are you playing on?

I've been on Herp Derps the last few nights.

3. shizmo

shizmo Member

If you want to group up let me know, I can get you the server name tonight. Only thing that annoys me is that direct chat is disabled, no voice spam :( Have to use TS.

4. shizmo

shizmo Member

Broke my legs/instagib death last night on a rock :upset: (DMR ghillie etc)

Went back to retrieve loots, could not access the stuff, got launched 50m into the air!!! hardcore survival horror.

5. Bazwalt

Bazwalt Member

Day-Z Chernarus | GMT-1 | 50 Slot | Recruit | Private Hive #1 | Whitelisting coming s

Hopefully this is the right place for this kinda thing. If not, well...yea :p

------------------------------

Hey Survivors,

Tactical-Response is an established Battlefield 3 Clan who have taken a keen interest in Day-Z and have decided to run our own server.

We are looking for new players to call our server home and if you are Australian or come from the Oceanic Region we especially want you to join us.

Our server has been set to GMT-3 to make life for Oceanic players a little more easier.

While this server is a live running server, it is also an experimental platform that we will be playing with so you can expect that we will be implementing custom structures and scripts to enhance the server.

We do have whitelisting capabilities however we have decided to turn this off for now but once the player base increases we will activate it.

New players will be treated with a custom loadout that should serve you nicely when you spawn as fresh meat on the coastline.

We do have a TS server however this will be made public to all whitelisted players in the future.

And lastly, our admins are active and friendly so please come and join us!

IP/Port 119.81.31.3:3000

6. shizmo

shizmo Member

What other options are you running?

Such as additional bacracks or more vehicles or anything?

7. Bazwalt

Bazwalt Member

Yea mate. We have barracks located among most coastal towns and we've been playing with the vehicle limit (used to be 250 but now 150) as we experienced some issues when the vehicle limit was higher.

We also have the auto-refill script added so that you dont need to carry around 9000 jerry cans just to fill up the chopper you found.

Most servers have started adding bases and what-not but in our experience they've only caused more issues with people hoarding shit and whatnot so we've decided not to do so.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  8. Linkin

Linkin Member

See, shit like this is why I don't play any more. I can't find a stock standard game to save my life. Extra vehicles, weapons, barracks, whatever takes the difficulty right out of it. There's no point...

9. shizmo

shizmo Member

Most people cant be ass'd running around for days and days with the current build as there is no real 'survival' anymore due to game limitiations.... Its all about PvP now which vehicles and added gear makes hugely fun still. I get the same excitement playing these type maps compared to the old school ones while feeling like I am wasting less of my life (time is getting harder and harder to find spare).

So yeah its good :)

10. Bazwalt

Bazwalt Member

Have you played on our server yet Shizmo? Your name looks familiar.

11. shizmo

shizmo Member

I havn't had too much time to play lately as been out of town, but I did do some server hopping a little while back so maybe!

Should hopefully be able to jump on for some sessions this week.

12. Bazwalt

Bazwalt Member

Feel free to jump on anytime ;)

13. PeteShag

PeteShag Member

Are there any decent noob friendly servers in AU/NZ? I started playing a couple of days back and I want to learn the map but I can't make it past one town at a time without being sniped.

14. Bazwalt

Bazwalt Member

Yea, You can jump on our server mate. We're trying to get the numbers in there. It's so hard to get enough players to be on consistently.

119.81.31.3:3000

15. ausghostdog

ausghostdog Member

Dayz Origins storage sizes

Hey all,

Can someone give me an idea of the storage size of the scrap APC and the tent please, or even give me a link to a wiki with the details

Thanks.

16. ben699

ben699 Member

Dayz hard

Normally i dont bump these, but any one wanting a challange,

Try the dayzasia.org server
    216.185.103.153:3357

They have between 10 and 30 AI per city , but once you kill one he stays down till the server reset.

you dont have to rush like other servers to the AI body it stays like a player.

Oh and these aint no winchester AI they pack M4 and fal and hunt players down.

Day time is alot harder then night.

Most players last less then 20 minutes.

Any way have a look see, try it and give it 3 lives, see what happens.

17. roamin

roamin Member

anyone on ocau still playing this?

18. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

I occasionally jump back on. Just waiting for stand alone really then I'll be right back into it.

19. japes

japes Member

20. roamin

roamin Member

was just looking at this, looks like its not too bad, looks very similar to dayz but with better graphics.

does anyone know if you can run your own server? do they have the server files available for use?