1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

DayZ (Standalone)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by wolfie870, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Shivn

Shivn Member

Some of those private hives have more rules and regs than highschool did!

I just want to play not jump through 253 regulations about what I am allowed to do or not.

2. Shivn

Shivn Member

Just be around man. Sometime about 7.30pm onwards NSW time someone is usually kicking around.

Just might wanna check with Retard about access to his TS to make sure he is okay.

3. atmo

atmo Member

It's also sad that any posts/threads containing videos or discussion about hackers at the dayzgame.com forums are being instantly deleted or locked.

It's worth noting that today marks one year since DayZ was released on early access.

4. Loadingdread

Loadingdread Member

I am oh so very underwhelmed by this. A year later. I am still glitching and getting stuck in buildings. I still have framerate issues (not as bad as they used to be, but still), the game just feels pretty meh to play. It is great when played with people, but its the people that make the game. Playing solo just feels like a chore atm.

5. riccoo

riccoo Member

retard may i join you guys again plz

6. RETARD

RETARD Member

7. Lincoln_blitz

Lincoln_blitz Member

for Shivin....

[​IMG]

Monster? we prefer goblin :lol:

8. jay-stormchaser

jay-stormchaser Member

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  9. Shivn

Shivn Member

Lol its not my fault...Wow made me this way!

Loots must have more loots.../shudder

10. Shivn

Shivn Member

Thats really well done.

11. RETARD

RETARD Member

god forbid when we can have tents and persistence working.
    The entire server will be looking for our base.

12. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

So you're to blame! :lol:

Bahahahaha so true. I can just imagine now...

Server restarts and a lonely survivor spawns in at the fishing village. He scopes out the place making sure it is clear to go looking for the ever elusive "netting". The coast is clear, he cautiously proceeds down to the first boat when all of a sudden he hears the laughter of a crazy person, the type that usually comes from CANNIBALS! The hair on the back of his necked stands to attention and he feels a cold shiver go down his spine. The fear freezes him place and he can faintly make out what looks to be a man, serpentining down the road towards him.

"Wait what is that?" he thought to himself.

There was something on his back; it looks like a giant midget. As Shivn gets closer our survivor could see that is was no midget, It was the biggest fuck off backpack he had ever seen; I mean this thing could carry an Apache helicopter FFS, it was huge, it was eclipsing the sun, in a heartbeat day become night and in a flurry of chaos and pandemonium it was all over.

The heat from the sun could be felt upon his face again and as his eyes flicked open he focused on what lay before him. He looked down at his feet to realise everything had been stolen; boots, pants, even his bloody socks gone. In fact it had all gone the entire fishing village GONE! Except for one thing sitting right in front of him... A single potato!

"GOD DAMN IT MIKE!!!!!"

TBC... :lol:

13. Shivn

Shivn Member

Ill start collecting the mats for what is clearly a craftable apache sized backpack now!

14. RETARD

RETARD Member

Merry Christmas DayZ pplz.
    Hope you are all able to enjoy some R&R.

This year i am playing as Santa (my beard is growing back) and my Christmas Gift to you all is ...

a DayZ server :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Whilst its cost me a small fortune, A few of us have talked about it for sometime now, about when is the right time to host a server.
    Yes, admins are somewhat limited with being able to customise their servers atm, however i think now is a good time to see what its all about and develop some rapport with the Australian DayZ community.

TENT HUNTERS is a Persistence Enabled 30 pop Hardcore Server aimed at PvP and hosted on its own Private Master Hive
    So why is this good?

A Private Master Hive means all the loot stays on the server. If you get killed or your loot is stolen you have a chance to get it back.
    No more server hoppers running off with your equipment or using other servers to gain a tactical advantage and flank behind you.

Hardcore is more intense and requires a higher sense of awareness. For me there is really no comparison. Someone standing against a wall and watching you run toward them across a field just doesn't seem right.

30 pop keeps the server lag down to a minimum until the DayZ devs can optimise the server to client architecture. It means loot will be more plentiful.

Persistence Enabled encourages you to hide loot such as tents, bags and weapons anywhere on the map and go back anytime you like. I don't think anyone will find my base anytime soon :p
    Heli's DO spawn on persistence servers in 0.52. David and I tested this out today.

Hackers - Battle Eye is enabled so guid bans are possible.
    Admins currently don't have a log file to give certaintly to who is hacking / cheating, however it is much less likely to encounter them on a Private hive.
    In the unfortunate situation that they do appear, I am prepared to password the server and even apply for whitelisting if necessary.

Maintenance - To help protect against character wipes we plan to take a 'snapshot' of the server before Bohemia's weekly maintenance, with the intent that we can roll back to a previous image if possible

Admin We have 5 active admin
    Server Admins will be randomly leaving loot around the server then announcing the map co-ordinates over global. PSO scopes, AUG's, HiCap vests, tents - anyone can have a shot at some awesome loot.

Server Messages warning you when the server is going to restart.

We have a Team Speak Channel 27.50.70.178:10105
    Feel free to look us up or join the game server via 119.252.189.154:2802
    We are hosted out of Sydney and everything seems to run fairly well so far.
    Would love a few ppl to come in and give it a real work out.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  15. Shivn

Shivn Member

Oh my Merry Xmas to you Retard!

Your beard has certainly delivered the goods! :thumbup:

16. Lincoln_blitz

Lincoln_blitz Member

Nice one 'tard!

As mentioned the other night, let me know if you want any donations to help support. Happy to pitch in some cash!

What's the go with play style in there, any ideas? All in, every man for himself, or teams or just a random shit fight :lol: I don't really mind anyway.

17. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

It can only be made out of burlap mike, 50 in fact, start collecting and I'll meet up with you with the netting rope.;)

18. xHardz

xHardz Member

Jumped into that server for a bit last night. I don't know what was going on but it was making me a little sick playing. Felt like my frames were way off normal and 1st person wasn't helping.

Haven't been playing much lately so might check out a few other servers and see whats going on.

19. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Did you adjust your FOV? I get really bad motion sickness at times, Metro 2033 was almost unplayable for me but I have my FOV set to about halfway.

In saying that I did get sick in Novo (worse town for frame drops) the other night but that wasn't on our server that was on a 3PP

20. Shivn

Shivn Member

I got a migraine from playing at night with my gamma to high.

Does that count?

Think bohemia coded this in to stop me gamma haxing!