Death Stranding (2020) - Kojima Productions

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Oct 28, 2019.

1. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  2. power

power Member

i'll most likely double dip, but it is a bit of a dick move by Kojima Productions announcing this when all the pre-orders are in.

Not that I care, i'll still play the shit out of this and enjoy it on PS4.

Drizz06 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I'm not spending $500 on a PS4 pro to play this game. I can wait the 8 months.

I'd rather play RDR2 and Jedi Fallen Order in november since they're targeting PC releases.

Now the only speculation is which platform it's going on...unless that's already been stated?!

EDIT: I think this will be the Decima engine game to appear on PC. I'd love to see Horizon: Zero Dawn on PC.

4. power

power Member

you don't need a pro to enjoy PS4 games, but that's a whole other discussion.

PS4 is obviously the target platform here with the exclusivity window and i don't feel like the game will be compromised by this.

Hell, i'd say it will be forward thinking enough to get a nice spruce up on PS5 with this PC release. The back end of this console generation will be very interesting indeed.

5. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I'm just trying to be frugal with mah cash plus the idea of buying a console towards the end of its lifecycle is a bit meh unless there's good discounts.

6. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

hallo! this still exists!

7. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

8. nope

nope Member

game looks boring asf but i wunna see how it runs, hopefully some entertaining mods

9. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Such a bizarre game, really hard to describe without getting deep into spoiler territory. I've only had the chance to put about a day's play in this (adult life pfffft), but so far I'm personally enjoying it.

Definitely not for people who like fast paced actions games. If you're all "144FPS first person shooter is lyfe" gamer, this isn't for you. There's an intensely deep and well fleshed out story here and a real emphasis on what isolates people and what brings them together.

I'm personally finding this satisfies me in a similar way to the early Metroid games - being alone, even when it's dangerous, is supremely peaceful. Finding joy in the difficulty of isolating duty, which gives you the peace of being alone but simultaneously the satisfaction of doing your part for society is a feeling I can really get behind, and possibly why I love Japanese story telling (and their broader way of life) so much.

I need to put a lot more time into this to open it up more. But so far it's radically different to any of Kojima's previous games, but still distinctly his work. I'm very glad he broke free from MGS to explore stuff like this. And I'm sure it will irritate a lot of people as it's far more of an "interactive film" than a game, but that's something Kojima's been gravitating towards for a long time (even saying point blank recently that he wants to do a film as his next project).

Guillermo del Ttoro, who partnered with Kojima on this, was pretty anti-videogame for a long time. Good to see him tinkering in this medium (they did "P.T." together too), and likewise Kojima crossing genres too.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  10. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

apparently it's just his likeness, not his voice.

11. elvis

Are you talking about del Toro? AFAIK he had a fair bit to do with this on the production / story side, which was what I was referring to. His in-game likeness is cute, but that's not really what interests me.

Having a world renowned film maker like that who spent a long time saying that video games were pointless suddenly work on a fully released game like this (again, he worked on P.T., but that never made it past demo stage) is pretty cool.

There's a lot of old fogeys in film who are desperately afraid of change in the media landscape. Look at recent rants from Scorsese who can't even accept Marvel films, let alone games, as valid story telling mechanisms. That sort of close-mindedness is pretty sad (not to mention ironic when film suffered the same fight to get recognition in its early days against stage/theatre/Broadway and the like). The variety of media as story telling vehicles is fascinating in its own right, as is anyone who attempts to cross between them.

Spyder6052 likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

yeah, he just didn't have the time to do voice work apparently so he allowed for his likeness to be used in the game.

13. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

walker_2003 likes this.
  14. elvis

Not surprising, really. That's substantial effort even for a full time professional, and del Toro is a busy dude with a lot on the go.

15. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Should give this game to the guys who made Far Cry, at least they'll add some guns and fun vehicles in.

nope likes this.
  16. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

no troll, just i don't like buying in USD due to exchange rate volatility.

I swear you could ride bikes from the video footage i've seen.

17. nope

nope Member

yeah imho it is just a boring looking game why make ANOTHER sandbox game with nothing in it?

18. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

You can, and there are larger vehicles, but the videos I've seen of them are awful to drive once they go off road.

19. nope

nope Member

yeah it just doesnt look fun the physics look dare i saw aweful the bike gets stuck.
    Seems like a afterthought.

20. elvis

Nobody's holding a gun to your head to force you to play it. There's more choice of video games today than ever in human history.

If you think you'll find this boring, don't buy it. Simple as that.

Why is this so hard for people to get?

PsychoSmiley likes this.