Death Stranding (2020) - Kojima Productions

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Oct 28, 2019.

1. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

I'm pretty certain this game will do a lot of peoples heads in the sense of the gameplay. It will not be for them but they'll be unable to reconcile this and whine the house down.

Drizz06 and elvis like this.
  2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Post apocalyptic FedEx on foot simulator but it's bring your kid to work day you have an inner ear infection and you get paid in social media likes.

macktheknife likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i should just look up how norman reedus sounds like speaking Japanese LUL

4. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Agreed. The plot here is as complex as any mature science fiction series, and I think it'll go well over the heads of most of your typical "I just wanna shoot shit" standard audience who will trivialise it down to it's basic mechanics instead.

Given that few people stray from the mainstream in gaming, you see similar complaints about some of the more excellent visual novels out there.

Same goes in the opposite direction too. I don't expect mainstream film audiences could accept this coming from the other direction.

It'll certainly find it's niche. But there are going to be highly polarised opinions over it.

5. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

I've shot and blown up so much shit in games, that playing a fetch quest courier simulator is a refreshing change. I like it but I know this will not be for everybody and it's not a very exciting spectator game either.

EDIT: The wife said she wasn't suprised that it didn't have QWOP like mechanics where you can to control each leg individually.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    elvis likes this.
  6. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

MGS3 was similar. Slower paced game that was more of a "dodge 'em up" then an "action game" (at least, what we in the west consider "action" - it means something very different in Japan). And the sort of game you'd never bother with a long play of, and instead just watch a custscene compilation that turns it into a four hour and twenty minute film.

Oddly, I *hated* MGS3. I played it for a Retro Let's Play, and while the stealth and hiding elements were slow, they were OK. It was the constant reaching into menus and fiddling with things that got me. I think MGS5 solved that quite well at the expense of a more complex control system, and this game does the same. No more deep complex menus like MGS3, but lots of quick access menus with endless options, and constant floating tool tips to help you remember what the hell to do (which I hope I can turn off at some point to get some sexier screen shots).

This does make me want to go back and try MGS3 again, but at the same time I think that video I linked above is good enough to get the story part, which is really where the flesh of the title was. I have a sneaking (no pun intended) suspicion that in a few years Death Stranding will have a similar community vibe about it to MGS3.

7. Tinian

Tinian Member

Saw this come up on Steam and having read through the console thread, I'm very interested in this as a time waster. It looks to suit the sort of gaming I've been doing the last few years.

8. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Never played a Kojima game before. Might give this a go out of pure curiosity.

9. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Physics!

[​IMG]

macktheknife likes this.
  10. KINGP1N

KINGP1N Member

I've started playing this game(prolly a couple of hours into it) and I'm liking it so far. Sure its not fast pace or action packed like Modern Warfare but it doesn't need to be. This is a game that's something different and damn the graphics looks amazing. May not be everyone's cup of Tea but i like it. And I praise Hideo Kojima for taking the risk for being different and not following the crowd. I like his narrative style and direction. That's my two cents.

Drizz06 likes this.
  11. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

This video almost makes me want it now. Might be the change in gaming I need. As much as I enjoy gaming after I sometimes think it didn't live up to expectations.

Great channel BTW, funny as.

12. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i still want but not on PS4.