1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Dedicated 3 Thread Mk III - Discuss Plans, Network, Mobiles, etc

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Feb 25, 2009.

1. mustkill

mustkill Member

What classifies as 'blackberry internet' and the other data?

2. Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

not really sure

if the wife wants one, will have to look into it further

http://shop.vodafone.com.au/mobile-details/BlackBerry-Bold-9780-Black

3. |guanA

|guanA Member

Guys help me make a decision.

http://www.optus.com.au/store/mobil...t2:SamsungOmnia7:OSC:MPOST:OCA:MPOST:22072011

Optus has the above deal going, which is pretty incredible.

My contract runs out in 2-3 months and I've been thinking about resigning and upgrading my handset. So I call up 3/Vodafone tried and get them to price match Optus.

The absolute best I could get out of them was my choice of any free handset in the $29 cap range on a 12 month contract for $38p/m or $22p/m over 24 months.

So to sum up total cost over 12 months on a $29 cap-

Optus - Samsung Omnia 7 or Motorolla Milestone 2- $348
    Vodafone - Trophy 7, Nexus S, DesireZ - $456

Important peice of info - my GF is with Vodafone so i'll get unlimited calls with her on Vodafone... what would YOU get?

4. sanjay

sanjay Member

if i could put up with vodafone's appalling network id go for the desire Z out of the options you gave. nexus S is too gimped up (no microSD slot, no FM radio) for my liking.

if your girlfriend wasnt on voda/you didnt care about the free calls (i never call my girlfriend anyway as we see each other every day, for example) then the optus deal with the milestone 2 is pretty good.

i wouldnt do any of those things though - id do what i have done - bought the phone you want outright and go on live connected's $15 per month plan (more data, more calls than the optus plan, half the price).