Dedicated 3 Thread Mk III - Discuss Plans, Network, Mobiles, etc

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Feb 25, 2009.

1. OhFoRkMe

OhFoRkMe Member

It relates to your billing cycle and when it starts and finishes. The data will be pro-rata to the next end of billing cycle and then it will start fresh.

Sorry if this doesnt make sense, got some terrible shin splints and the moment and im struggling to think with the pain :p

2. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

My 32gb White just arrived!!! :D

3. Soarer GT

Soarer GT Member

When did you order?

4. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Tuesday night via My3

5. loupseul

loupseul Member

I just ordered (2mins ago for anyone who still wants to jump on one) a 32gb iphone for 45$ a month on DHI (I'm hoping it's on DHI I don't want to add another number to my account heh) on my 29$ cap.
    What I'm concerned about was that there was two options for the 32gb iphone, a 50$ plan and 45$ plan. I had a look at both and saw they both had the free 1gb included data, and both were 32 gs iphones.....can anyone shed me some light on why there are the two differently priced plans?

Here's a pic:
    [​IMG]

6. Onyx

Onyx Member

It looks like they're about to increase the DHI prices for iphones, and your pic shows the changeover period. I'm sure within the day the lower priced option would no longer show, and their main page will reflect the higher handset prices.

I don't think it matters too much, as the stock levels on the 3GS are so low it's perceived as vapourware for the majority...

I guess they're trying to make the new plans more appealing to encourage more people to sign up to a new contract. $39 + $10/14 for 16/32GB would look more appealing if the DHI was $45/50.

7. spazmodik

spazmodik Member

What is it with Three and their Firmware updates?

Since getting the e71 a almost a year ago, three has provided only one or two minor firmware updates? Since then there have been plenty of bug fixes and improvments in at least two more major updates via nokia but these are not available to Three versions. It's starting to annoy me and I really love this phone!

I'm almost to the point of hacking the codes on my phone so I can get the generic updates. I'm uncertain what 3 content I will lose or how to get it back though...or if this will this void my warranty? (They extended it to two years recently which was nice, but I'd rather have a phone that works better and has a shorter list of bugs).

8. VTY

VTY Member

Yep it does VOID warranty.
    Well Im guessing you got to wait for the release if there is any, because the hardware in the phone is good but the software behind it kinda sucks.

9. _FuSiOnItE_

_FuSiOnItE_ Member

Does anyone know if 3 are releasing the N97 anytime soon?

I assume they would though at some point as they carry all the N series already.

10. OhFoRkMe

OhFoRkMe Member

Not confirmed yet but as i have pointed out before, anyone coming looking to Upgrade from the N73, N95 and N96 dont have anything to move to. Hopefully this will get someone higher up thinking

11. spazmodik

spazmodik Member

I had a play with one on Saturday night and wasnt very impressed. Very slow to open some things up. Implementation didnt seem to be very well done. It felt laggy in many ways. Screen was nice but the iphone really put it to shame in how it worked. (and I'm not an apple fan!). May be fixed with firmware updates I guess but I'd rather stick with the e71. It was also quite bulky ...

I'd wait for an e series with touch screen features.

12. Oblong Cheese

Oblong Cheese Member

It will not void your Nokia warranty, but as to any extended warranty you may have purchased through 3, refer to the documentation with it.

13. giles666

giles666 Member

Cheers mate.

Jumped on as soon as I saw your post and grabbed one :).

14. [md]#40

[md]#40 Member

It WILL void your warranty.

You are wrong, changing the product code on the phone will void the warranty.

15. _FuSiOnItE_

_FuSiOnItE_ Member

I haven't played with one yet, but I don't really mind how bulky it is. I was kinda expecting that due to the size of the screen and also having a qwerty keyboard. I did, however, expect it to be a bit quicker though due to the specs it has.

Guess I will see for myself when 3 bring it in and I eventually have a try of it.

16. zoogwah

zoogwah Member

Hey guys, just noticed on My3 that it has an option for me to switch my $69 cap down to a $49 cap with no excess charge (it lists $29 cap as having a cancellation fee attached).

As I understand this is not possible, but out of curiosity I tried out changing the cap down to $49 and it said I was successful and it would be updated on my next billing cycle. Is this an error or what? Obviously it seems to have worked but I didn't think this was possible under the contract.

[​IMG]
    Click to view full-sized image!
    Hosted by UGBox Image Store

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. OhFoRkMe

OhFoRkMe Member

iPhone 3GS is back in stock again.

As normal, limited stock so be quick.

18. Clem

Clem Member

Cant upgrade via My3 tho, was going to up my plan and grab the 32 at the same time, i see stock, but no way to do it...

is there anyway to do it OFM?

19. Soarer GT

Soarer GT Member

32GB black are all gone. Only white's are left.

16gigs are still in both colours though.

I got my 32gb in white delivered today =)

20. Clem

Clem Member

Is that with the stock that is supossed to arrive tomorrow?