Dedicated Google Analytics PC Setup?

Discussion in 'Business & Enterprise Computing' started by willy_manilly, Nov 23, 2015.

1. willy_manilly

willy_manilly Member

Hi there,

This might sound stupid, however i'm trying to create a dedicated Raspberry Pi setup that will run Google Analytics for my website. I run large eCommerce website and it would be cool to have live data displayed on a screen in the office, so the customer service staff can see how many people are online and how they're tracking through the website. Would this be possible?

I have a spare 30" LCD and a Raspberry Pi 2 laying around running windows with a WIFI dongle. However, i'd like it to automatically turn on in the morning and off at night.

I'd also like it to automatically refresh every half an hour (as Analytics times out when running in a browser).

Does anybody have any ideas on how to do this?

Any help would be great.

2. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

I'd look at using the live dashboard instead. Not sure what I would use but I'm sure there's something out there :)

http://barker.co.uk/realtimedashboards

3. OP
    OP
    willy_manilly

willy_manilly Member

Thanks for that Rubberband! Just what I needed!

Cheers

4. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

Raspberry Pi or an Intel Compute stick (or Chinese generic equivalent, last one cost me $85 and plugs into HDMI directly) would do the trick.

5. ECHO

ECHO Member