1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIN7] Dedicated Windows 7 Discussion

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by MR CHILLED, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Darko

Darko Member

I think as long as it's the same version then you should be OK

2. n3wbi379

n3wbi379 Member

Yes iv got win7 ultimate 64Bit on my pc but fake version, and i bought the same version just legit..... So i can just add my new cd key and be done?

3. Darko

Darko Member

Yep, as long as the cd key is genuine.
    It's the key that determines whether windows is genuine not the media.

4. n3wbi379

n3wbi379 Member

Thanks for that.
    1 more stupid question: Coz the cd key is only for 1 pc, if i format can i still use it?

5. pugsley100

pugsley100 Member

Yes, left click start, right click computer, left click properties, left click change product key. Enter new key and run activation.

6. zaim

zaim Member

u can use the key on as many pc's as you want.. but it can only be activated only on the 1 machine at a time. 32bit keys work on 64bt versions of the same edition you bought the license for. 32bit professional will work on a 64bit professional... if you're installing 7 purely for testing, i'd advise not to use any key at all, but take advantage of the 30 day trial during install and dont input a key

also: if you used a downloaded/cracked version of windows 7 with a LEGIT key, you will get hit still with the non-genuine copy of windows if the 1033 windows update gets installed as it seeks for the tampered system files during installation... so try get ur hands on a legit disc and run an Upgrade during windows as a "windows repair" happens similar to the windows xp repair

7. n3wbi379

n3wbi379 Member

ok i want to activiate it, but i might to do a fresh intall soon as iam getting a bigger SSD.

Just dont use the cd key yet?

8. zaim

zaim Member

activating it on the 1 pc u can do it as many times as u want.. when activating, it sends microsoft a hardware snapshot of your main internals so it knows that its always on the same rig.. so maybe getting ur shit stable first would be good, then activating it to avoid the possible headfuck

9. n3wbi379

n3wbi379 Member

every thing is all stable, maybe a new SSd soon, i should have a issue should i?

10. zaim

zaim Member

lol you shouldnt have any issues.. adding another ssd will resort to a format, but it wont play with activation.. you should be SWEEEEEOIIIIIIIIIIIT.

11. n3wbi379

n3wbi379 Member

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Thanks

12. zaim

zaim Member

:) i miss this place.

13. Darko

Darko Member

Um, do you really believe that Microsoft has a worldwide database of every Windows install on the planet?

14. Mystery Man

Mystery Man Member

It sends Microsoft nothing. Activation is done on the PC. The only thing Microsoft needs is the installation id number when you need to re activate via phone or whatever

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  15. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

But isnt the cypher generating the installation id, based on the COA key and core system components:confused:

its all about who you know aye aye ;)

edit: without condoning piracy, unmodified Win7 sources can be found online if you look around.

16. Mystery Man

Mystery Man Member

Installation Id is generated by windows its self as soon as you log in even if its not connected to the net. Don't need Microsoft for that

Its the product id number when you right click my computer.

If you change to many components then activation fails. Then you have to contact Microsoft to Tell them your id number. They re issue you a new id number. Thats why u have to type in that long number that they give you. They don't need to know your key. Your key is connected to your id number somehow

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  17. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

Who doesnt know any of that.

I asked if the Installation ID code generation is at all based on hardware, although you pointed out some very basic answers regarding WAT, you didnt firmly answer the question, just stating that it may be generated from the product ID.

Dont bother elaborating on "Somehow", I don't like to be talked down to in a condescending manner.

18. Mystery Man

Mystery Man Member

Yes it is. The hardware is checked each time Windows boots to ensure that it is still on the same machine. If you make significant hardware changes or reinstall windows altogether, you'll get a new hardware ID, which will prompt a new activation

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  19. n3wbi379

n3wbi379 Member

Real or fake?????????????????

[​IMG]

20. Copie

Copie Member

Real.

Has the holographics.