Dell 24-inch 2408WFP With DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI, VGA + More | Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Jan 17, 2008.

?

Do You Own A Dell 24-inch 2408WFP?

1. Yes

25.1%
  2. No

51.1%
  3. No, But I'm Getting One !!

23.9%
  1. dean_is_not

dean_is_not Member

Weird. I got my replacement U2410 in the proper box for it, everything there as well. Even the screen protector. I wonder why Dell is screwing some people over so badly? I've been lucky, my replacement came literally overnight and I'm not even in a capital city :confused:

2. osmodiar

osmodiar Member

well i got a brand new u2410 today and so far it appears to be flawless. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

i've asked them how much it will cost me to keep one of the defective ones.. hopefully they'd rather sell one at a discount than take them both back. Worth a try i reckon anyway.

i have started to notice some advantages of the 2410 after using it for a bit, the backlight uniformity is much better, and the slight red/green tinge around text/edges is gone so things are a bit sharper. It does have a grainy screen filter tho, found another reviewer mentioning that so i'm not crazy :) but yeah it's a pretty nice screen, and Dell have responded pretty well (eventually) to my complaint so i'm happy.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  3. Mav3r1k

Mav3r1k Member

Hey All,

Well FINALLY i have gotten through to tell Tech Support / Sales / Account section and they have finally found my record of sales after nearly 2 weeks of trying and well my experience so far with Dell has not been a good one.

I have a Dell 2408WFPb and I have some vertical red and blue lines coming from the right hand side. This issue has been happening for the past 5-6 months and I have put up with it but now its just getting worse :(.

Lucky for me HellsAngel setup me up with the extended warranty (4 years + 1year factory) i think it is and despite EVERY person on the phone telling me its out of warranty, and then them CHECKING they agree, its still covered - yay). I just wish someone would check the records before telling me info, its rather annoying and frustrating.

Anyway, I am on hold at the moment, the tech staff is working out what hes doing about it.

Question to those who have gone through this before, what should I expect from Dell? I am presuming a refurtbished model of some sort, not a new one, but whats the latest options?

The guys telling me that a model will be sent out, i box mine up with the box that the other one comes in and they take care of it. Sounds good... Do i send the original back straight away like a instant swap over or do i have a few business days to get it done? Any ideas???

Thanks!

4. Badooleoo

Badooleoo Member

Weird I have been getting the same lines on the right hand side of both my screens. I thought it might have been the video card until recently.

The lines disappear after a while which I think its when they have warmed up. I am not sure if they are still under warranty but it has not really bothered me.

5. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Mine was delivered with a return AAE consignment slip. I took the replacement home, attached it to my computer and verified it worked before boxing the broken one up, whacking it in the box the replacement came in and organised AAE to pick the box up a few days later.

6. Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes Member

My 2408WFP has a red stuck pixel. Is that enough for a return for a non faulty one?

7. PhantomAU

PhantomAU Member

Hey mate,

I too had a similar problem, I put up with the power save bullshit from this monitor for over 2 years, then it developed purple lines on the right hand side, at which point I had thought enough was enough and it had to go.

I bought it with the 5 year warrenty (premium panel) so I rang up support, gave them the original order details and they shipped me a replacement monitor straight out. A new U2410.

So yeah Dell support has been really good so far on all the products I have purchased from them.

Danny

8. blackied

blackied Member

I have this problem too, but I can't find the original invoice/warranty. What do I quote to them (I have the box and order emails, bought it 4/9/08 so it should still have a month warranty - from memory they were 3yrs?) to get them to fix it? Or am I stuffed? the numbers on the back don't match the formats of their service tags.

9. BRGMCS

BRGMCS Member

must be the month for it, mine completely shat itself last night, vertical green/yellow lines over the whole screen, or just solid white, varies every time I power cycle. 4 months out of warranty :(

10. Annihilator69

Annihilator69 Member

The U2410 is being obsoleted now so if you want one get one now.

Otherwise you will be stuck with a shitty 16:9 U2411.
    Dell don't have any 16:10 monitors anymore. Even all their 22" 16:10's are being replaced with 16:9's now

11. BRGMCS

BRGMCS Member

I'm just going to grab a 27" or 30" to replace it.
    Will wait and see if there are any offers with this weeks discount cycle, then put the 15% discount I can get through work on it....

edit: must have scared the monitor - I've got it sitting here switched on, and it just came good. Don't trust it to stay that way though.

12. StevOz

StevOz Member

Um....Dells new U2412M is 16:10, 1920x1200. So they do have 16:10 monitors.

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/...cs=aubsd1&l=en&s=bsd&sku=230-12093&redirect=1

13. Annihilator69

Annihilator69 Member

Must be the only one as my account manager saying they were being phased out.

The replacement top of the line one will be 16:9 though, e.g. one with cardreader inputs, premium panel guarantee etc.

14. Mav3r1k

Mav3r1k Member

I had the premium warranty too!

I couldnt find my receipt however after half a day of phone calls we got the problem resolved, REFURBISHED U2410 was delivered no worries at all. Its been great so far. I just want to know how i disable the dynamic contrast. sick of it changing its brightness and stuff all the time.

15. Badooleoo

Badooleoo Member

Well I finally found my invoice from 2008 and called up 1 week before the warranty ran out.

I just received two U2410f screens today, one is A02 July 2010 and the other is a A03 January 2011.

I can definitely tell the A02 is a refurb, the bezel on the top left isn't quite on right but hardly noticeable. the A03 I cant see anything wrong.

First thing I did when I powered them was turn that horrid beeping off!

Now to send the old ones off.

16. GenoCyber

GenoCyber Member

How do you turn off the beeping?

17. ThunderbirdMoz

ThunderbirdMoz Member

The poll needs to be updated so it covers other models and not just teh 2408. And since this is the last pro line 16:10 I better get one before its phased out. I'm afriad my current one is going to die any day now.

18. tzortst

tzortst Member

What are you smoking?

19. ysu

ysu Member

menu->other settings.
    not *that* hard to find :)

20. ThunderbirdMoz

ThunderbirdMoz Member

Following on from what the people above me have said. Did you read it?