Dell 34 Ultrasharp Curved - U3415W 21:9

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Aratahu, Nov 10, 2014.

1. botlfed

botlfed Member

Yep same deal here with my order from the 11th, in the end had to be cancelled and refunded, then a whole new order placed last week which will apparently be expedited and delivered this week.. not holding my breath :rolleyes:

2. MetalPhreak

MetalPhreak Member

Tried the BetterSnapTool app? It's cheap, and its really customisable.

Had a look at the USB options on this, noticed it has two upstream connections. "Can it be what I think it is!?". Read through the manual and YES. You assign each upstream port to an input, and when you swap inputs, it moves all the downstream USB devices across. Would be perfect for me sharing screen with my desktop windows PC and macbookpro :thumbup: Now just need to find some funds...

3. DraGoN-BoY

DraGoN-BoY Member

For those that received theirs, how long did it take for delivery from the date it was marked as shipped to when it arrived? I didn't get a tracking number on mine but will call tomorrow to try get one.

4. WallySimmonds

WallySimmonds Member

Ordered on the 9th, got mine on the 23rd.

5. Alessiman

Alessiman Member

Ditto. 9th seemed safe. Everyone else from the 10th onwards have had issues with delivery it seems

6. DraGoN-BoY

DraGoN-BoY Member

Mine just arrived!!! :D:D:D:D

Super lucky I guess since I only ordered on the 27/12.

7. DraGoN-BoY

DraGoN-BoY Member

Mine seems to have backlight issues on the left side of the panel in both bottom and top corners. Will call to arrange a new one once things settle down.

8. gobbledegook

gobbledegook Member

Ordered mine 5:30pm on 30th Dec. Was dispatched from Sydney Friday and due for delivery today. So new orders seem to be all good.

EDIT: Now scheduled for delivery tomorrow!! (Tuesday 6th Jan)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  9. OP
    OP
    Aratahu

Aratahu Member

Congratulations on receiving it so quickly, a few of us early people might get somewhat annoyed with Dell for messing our orders up though. ;)

Let the monitor run as much as possible. Some bleed issues have been known to sort themselves out after a bit of running in. Do report it though, that's your best way of ensuring happiness here.

10. DraGoN-BoY

DraGoN-BoY Member

Yeah, I had backlight issues with my original Dell 30" that was close to 5 years old (bought extended warranty). They ended up giving me a U3011 which solved the problem. This is why I like to buy Dell stuff as they are top notch with customer service.

11. Alessiman

Alessiman Member

Surely i am not the only one with no bleed issues?

12. warhead

warhead Member

I ordered on the 10th and they cancelled and reissued a new order automatically on the 29th which got dispatched on the 2nd and arrived this morning via Toll.

Will need to wait until I get off work to set it up

13. WallySimmonds

WallySimmonds Member

I'm having bleed issues as well but am still moving on from my 3011. I'm quite keen on getting it swapped out but going off the LG problems I doubt a replacement will be much better.

As long as the screen isn't dark it looks brilliant. Do miss 16:10 a bit though, however I just need to get used to working on 21:9 more (gaming is better though!)

14. DraGoN-BoY

DraGoN-BoY Member

Most of my movie collection is 21:9 and just never realised.
    However I watch a lot of anime and that is still 16:10 which will take some time getting used to on this monitor.

I've only played CS:GO and it doesn't work 100%, the menu HUD is not scaled correctly, however everything else is awesome. Will try more games later.

Surprisingly it doesn't look as awkward as I first though and won't take me long to get used to.

A comparison between the U3011 and the U3415W.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  15. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

Very interested in these. Trying to decide what will be my next monitor. Love this aspect ratio but also want the extra pixels of 4k.

16. WallySimmonds

WallySimmonds Member

I was in the same boat but unless you're quite happy to go multi GPU (I really can't without significant expense, and cbf'd with all the cf/sli issues) 4k gaming isn't really that flash atm.

Will see what 390 series cards bring, I really hope 4k performance is better.

17. saba

saba Evil Vizier

Ordered 10th, called 23rd, called 2nd, cancelled and reordered 2nd, still waiting.

18. metcard

metcard Member

Got an sms saying the order has been shipped.
    Originally ordered on the 10/12 and reordered 02/01
    ETA 13/01

Startrak express? scanned in sydney.
    Surely it would take less than 5 days for delivery.
    Anyone from Melbourne care to share how long it took the monitor to arrive from Sydney to their doorstep?

19. OP
    OP
    Aratahu

Aratahu Member

I just got an SMS too, shipped from Sydney today destination Melbourne. Order date 10/12, then 2/1.

20. Alepro

Alepro Member

Ordered on the 18th with an ETA of the 31st. Even got a call from Dell on the 18th confirming my order and the ETA in addition to the email confirmation and the order pdf.

Order is still "work in progress" according to their status page, so I called Dell today. After 40 minutes in the queue I was told that there had been a "glitch" and that they would look into it "asap" which was supposed to be confirmed with an email or call. I got neither...