Dell U2711 Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Bismar, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Deity

Deity Member

Let us know how you go, please. I ordered a U2410 at ~10:50am this morning and got my order acknowledgement at ~11AM. Still no order confirmation yet.

Edit: this is with RACV coupon stacked on top of the EOFY sale.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  2. brycos

brycos Member

For the people who worry about not having RACV and NRMA memberships, Virgin Velocity membership gets you the same discount, and getting Virgin velocity membership is free.

Not acknowledging the price after clearly advertising the discount and price would be more than low - I am going to be pretty irate if they make you order, take money off my credit card and then change their mind. Sounds like you put in effort to get this deal and we appreciate that :) But also remember, I doubt DELL is making anything less thna a decent profit on this. The lower prices are less a huge discount, more a realignment of prices as happens in technology. 27 and 30 inch screens have been overpriced for a while, especially IPS screens due to the fact that one manufacturer owns the market so there was little incentive to cut prices. With a few more IPS panels coming out, especially at 23" I think DELL and their supplier (LG?) are preemptively cutting prices to a reasonable level.

So, I am sure Dell aren't doing us a favour - the deal might sound too good to be true, but it isn't :) Technology gets cheaper, and the pricing on 27" and 30" screens have been ridiculous for a while. About time 27" mainstream and we get resolutions that were routine in the CRT era instead of this 'FULL HD' crap - even Sony 19" monitors used to do better than full HD.

The problem is DELL controls the market for IPS LCD screens, which is why they can get away with dreadful customer service.

3. Mudg3

Mudg3 Member

As I said I don't think you need to worry about the 15% off discount issue as I've had in confirmed by a rep who took my order.

I haven't received the confirm either . But as I said this has been confirmed by a rep if you have a valid code.

4. Evo6

Evo6 Member

About 30 buyers have already gotten order confirmations. My comment was meant only to warn people as I had been told by the Dell Display Manager for AU that stackable coupons wouldnt be accepted and he didnt think RACQ etc ones would either. Considering he arranged this deal its not surprising I passed on the comment :)

Annnway the codes worked and thats great. :thumbup:

5. Scum

Scum Member

Confirmation of your recent Dell order is attached.
    Your Estimated Delivery Date for this order is on or before 27/07/2010

Sweet Deal :p

6. ocyrion

ocyrion Member

I've got someone lined up for it already :)

7. paul8811

paul8811 Member

Just got confirmation I emailed that Chris guy mentioned above & he was very helpfull. Delivery in 7-8 days, this is for the U240 @ $475

8. darksilencer

darksilencer Member

wow just got confirmation for 679, nice one dell :thumbup:

guess ill be posting a couple of things on the FS section when i get back from holiday :D

9. Jarrah

Jarrah Member

Still waiting on my confirmation (ordered @2pm today). I'm really hoping the delivery times are very generous estimates and we see them comming within the next few weeks.

10. Evo6

Evo6 Member

When i spoke to SCott from Dell he said they had around 500 units in Sydney so if thats the case depending on when you got your order in and how many they sold today I would think some people will get screens quick. :thumbup:

11. eva2000

eva2000 DDR1/DDR2/DDR3 Addict

Dam i'm so conflicted now to go 2x U2711 vs 2x U2410 but going U2711 i need to ASAP find a capable 4 to 8 port KVM DVI USB + PS/2 console supported switch with 2560 res support to support my multiple rigs. Anyone else here using >2048x1536 resolution supported KVM DVI switches with at least 4 ports ? If so which brands you using ? i am use to Aten brand kvm switches with hotkey double CTRL key switching between systems.

Any issues with KVM DVI switches and U2711 or U2410 ?

12. Jarrah

Jarrah Member

Here's to hoping.

13. aokman

aokman Member

be careful with your choices aswell eva as there are some crap products out there, i got a belkin FLIP KVM for my u2711 and it was a POS and died in 6 months... I share your pain with dual link as i have not found another solution that is viable compared to buying another screen LOL.

there aint much diff between them to be honest in size just resolution

14. brycos

brycos Member

Just a warning for people thinking of moving from a 2709W - you are moving to a significantly smaller screen - http://www.displaywars.com/27-inch-16x9-vs-27-inch-16x10, which is another reason the U2711 had to drop in price.

The resolution is awesome though and as I watch lots of 16:9 stuff, I don't mind.

15. eva2000

eva2000 DDR1/DDR2/DDR3 Addict

Yeah my current aten kvm ps/2 switches are rock solid (3 aten brand models) cost me around AUD$490 several years back but max 2048x1536 res which was okay for my 1600x1200 lcd + 1680x1050 lcd mon config. If i go >1920 res will need a new KVM switch. I tried several non-Aten brand usb kvms all were crap at the lower price range and really was wasted money.

Closest one i think to good specs is Aten CS-1784 but no dual-DVI support and no PS/2 console support.

edit: stuff it, ended up ordering 2x U2410s, I'll wait till kvm dvi 2560 res supported switches catch up in availability, features and price point heh.

16. mr_wrxman

mr_wrxman Member

I'd hardly call taht a significantly smaller screen.

Got my confirmation as well, $679 using the code from ozbargain for 15% off.

17. Deity

Deity Member

Hey guys, got my confirmation at 3:55PM today. Sweet!

18. sorenson

sorenson Member

I just called Dell and asked about this very same thing and was told that it is just a code for Australian and New Zealand customers that it IS a brand new monitor and not a return.

19. Mjollnir

Mjollnir Member

Just got my confirmation for 3 units :) had to place 3 separate orders for 679 each though.

Fkn steal @ that price!

20. retrobot

retrobot Member

Will a 5870 drive 3x 2711 comfortably or go up to 5970?