Dell vs Samsung

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by strangerdanger, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Digit

Digit Member

THIS! S cannot wait for that, would love it if it were in a 24" though oh god :D

I think i had a 'moment'

Also, know anything about those monitors coming out later this year you mentioned?

2. ALEXH-

ALEXH- Member

Thanks for the images man. Hows the gaming on it compared to U2711? I'm seriously thinking of getting one ... I know extended desktop would be a pain in the ass because resolutions are different, that's why I would only use it for gaming.

3. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

Well to give you an idea my u2711 is in the For Sale section :D

I figure i spend more then 50% of my time at the computer gaming so i'll go with the best gaming monitor.

Also it's not the resolution that makes using both a pain. It's the amount of physical space that the 2x 27" monitors take up. If you sit in the middle you actually have to lean to one side to use a monitor because they're that wide - you cant just turn your head.

4. ALEXH-

ALEXH- Member

So it's that good aye. Awesome. Cheers for that.I think I might pull the trigger. 2x 6970s can handle pretty much everything maxed out @ 1080p, not sure if it can handle 120fps constant in most games, but should be good either way.

5. ALEXH-

ALEXH- Member

Just thought I'd let you know I bought the monitor yesterday. I need to buy the damn HDMI cable in order to run both U2711 and 120hz because currently have DVI only but I didn't know that only top DVI port on AMD cards was a dual-link. Ah well.

Monitor is sensational. First game I launches was CS:S and straight away I noticed the smoothness while moving around. Really epic. BF3 @ ultra 4xmsaa I get around 90fps. It dips to high 50s in most intense moments but still awesome. Could you tell me what colour settings you're using on your screen?

6. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

Not going to help you. HDMI on video cards is limited to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz so it wont be able to run either of your displays.

You'll need to use Displayport.

Although in saying that, on my GTX680 i had both my u2711 and Samsung running off a single link and dual link DVI respectively - which shouldnt be possible :wired:

7. super kermit

super kermit Member

DVI does 120Hz right?

8. [LoL]

[LoL] Member

Yes, only on a dual link DVI cable though

9. Darth Teddy Bär

Darth Teddy Bär Member

You will retract that statement in a few weeks :D

I have a 30" and 27" and well, I want a 3rd one because I can and I have M envy ;)

10. sam_allen

sam_allen Member

Just bought 3 SA27850T's. Got rid of the U2711 I had, AG was shitting me. (I work with a lot of text and the white background's never really appear white). The LED screen draws less than half the power too, considerably less heat coming off them too as a result == cooler room.

Running them on a GTX670, two on DVI and the other on DP. (HDMI only supports 1080p on this monitor)

I was considering waiting for the rumoured U2713, but in the end I couldn't wait.