1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frag, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Smoothie

Smoothie Member

Nice roundup - I've been playing again for the past 4 months and that made everything heaps clearer.. I could never figure out how the dreaming city came into it.

I will say the Shadowkeep expansion is pretty fun. But the latest Beyond light is pretty immersive with the new Stasis subclass it's definitely the one I would start with.

2. amisty

amisty Member

Yes very good point lol but like I said i like the gameplay the mechanics of it and play style call me weird lol enjoyed the division too. Yes loot is a necessary for sure as when progression is made u dont to bring a knife to a gun fight!

Thanks for the effort you have taken in your reply much appreciated cheers

James086 likes this.
  3. OJR

OJR Member

ShillUp sums it up well.

4. Mix-Master

Mix-Master Member

Any OCAU members still around playing Destiny 2 ? Seems i am the clan founder now as the old one left again, But he remains on the ocau unofficial discord.
    Any ocau member can join my discord which is more populated and active than the ocau unoffical one > https://discord.gg/XKhavAy

Cheers Mike

Grechie and OJR like this.
  5. omen_child

omen_child Member

I'm looking at starting out on this, as my son has just aqcuired the latest DLC and tells me it's cross-platform now.

What bundle would I buy to get the best value for content?

6. Mix-Master

Mix-Master Member

I would buy the legendary edition from cdkeys tbh, Contained beyond light, forsaken & Shadowkeep all in one for $55 aud (https://www.cdkeys.com/destiny-2-legendary-edition-pc-steam)
    But seeing you already have some DLC ? Latest DLC is beyond light if that is what you own ?

7. Mix-Master

Mix-Master Member

When he says its cross-platform (that is true for matchmaking or playing with friends on console or PC) But you still need to own the DLC's on each resprective platform you are playing on, console or PC

8. James086

James086 Member

The game is free to play but very limited. You could give this a try to see if you like it.
    There are currently 4 major expansions for sale, they each add a new area, a campaign, a dungeon (a challenging 3 person activity that has puzzles on your way to killing the boss) and a raid (6 person version of a dungeon). You can also obtain exotic weapons from the expansions that are not possible if you don't own them. In addition to these things each expansion adds:
    Forsaken - Good expansion of your space-magic powers, you'll need this to play PVP effectively, however, there's a chance it will be removed from the game in February and at the very least, all of the powers will be made redundant starting in Feb 2022 as they are getting a revamp.
    Shadowkeep - probably easiest to skip as it adds nothing (except those listed things above) that isn't now integrated into the free game as far as I'm aware.
    Beyond Light - current expansion adds another class of space magic (freezing) which is good.
    The Witch Queen - upcoming expansion next February, don't buy this until you know you're committed to the game.

As Mix-Master suggested, $55 is probably the best way to do it, it's a really good price for all 3. If you had to pick just one, I think Beyond Light would let you play the most content with your son.

9. omen_child

omen_child Member

Thanks - I'll probably do as you both suggested and pick up the Legendary Edition.

10. Grechie

Grechie Member

I still play, albeit casually and not religiously like i used to, would love to join up and play with some members, theres so much i cant do because i need a team and it wont match make!

11. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

I'm back on this season, between all my commitments that is.

So far I'm enjoying most of what's on offer.

12. Sunder

Sunder Member

I am actually missing Destiny 2 a bit. Had some good times both with friends and with OCAUers.

Tried to go back during beyond light, but like Grechie said, it's hard to solo with the match making system broken. If OCAU ever gets an active clan again, I'd definitely love to rejoin.

13. OJR

OJR Member

Yep I have been thinking about D2 lately as well. I tried beyond light and decided that I really hated where the game was so I have been playing Warzone since. SkillUp said that the game is really good at the moment so I have been thinking about jumping back in.

14. Mix-Master

Mix-Master Member

Dont worry about using my discord then, Ill try and get all my friends and others to use the OCAU one from now on.

Prior there was nobody using it so we all just used my one. Only time i am doing solo stuff is bounties and certain activities like the weekly astral plane secrets while following a video guide :)

15. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

I stopped playing around the launch of Beyond Light. Jumped back in the past week or so and am enjoying it again at the moment, still annoyed some of my favourite weapons I spent ages farming have been sunset but cant do much about that now.

16. OJR

OJR Member

My beloved Recluse. :(