Destiny 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frag, Mar 31, 2017.

1. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

oh ok. I think i'll level up more :p

2. niksta

niksta Member

You can team up after completing the homecoming mission

3. Hyunk

Hyunk Member

4. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

I've been having fun playing solo, beat the campaign and done a couple of other missions here and there.

I would be cool to be able to play the nightfall and raids, I'm at about 255ish power right now. I usually play late at night from about 10pm.

Will jump into discord next time I'm gonna play.

Sucks that you can only wear one piece of exotic gear at a time, seems like a pretty dumb limitation to me.

5. othy

othy Member

Got the raid reward as soon as you completed it. Pleased that I got the sword. It’s nice. Good job finishing it off.

Teamed up in the clan/discord and finished the nightfall last night with seconds remaining.

6. connico

connico Member

Wasn't close at all mate lol :p

I think we need to maximise DPS, two cold hearts and an damage enhancer should do it

7. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

Hopefully we get a good nightfall this week, i like unlimited grenades much more than using my weapons during the right element lol.

But yeah first couple runs of it can be hard while you learn where and how many mobs there are , nightfall will prob be on another map this week its been that one the past 2 weeks.

Oh cyade or whatever his treasure maps can give you guns from the factions too, i had been trying to figure out how to get a gun again i had melted , sigh aparently it was a faction gun and i would have got it from the trsasure maps.

Ill see if one of the admins can re name a discord channel looking for nightfall or something so people can find others wanting to run it. Im happy to do a few runs with lower geared guys its not like you loose anything for not completing it , i just dont feel like trying to make planned runs of anything.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  8. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

here is a faction rally guide and video

https://www.pcgamesn.com/destiny-2/destiny-2-faction-rally-guide

Ill prob do future war cult on 1 character because the armour set looks the most unique and dead orbit on another character because i had a dire promise and i melted it because i didnt know it was slightly rare.
    http://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/582335600

-

all sets:
    https://destinysets.com/
    bit of a spoiler though but super handy to know what the sets look like and how to get them

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  9. fredhoon

fredhoon Member

What power level do you need to be sitting at to complete a nightfall without being too much of a burden? I keep jumping into Destiny and Discord at odd hours when most people appear to be already in full fireteams or half way through an event of some kind.

Also the latest update appears to have fixed the Clan Roster within Destiny, however I note that only a few of the people online in the clan list are on Discord. Is it considered bad manners to rock up and join a random fireteam without without first asking what people are up to / whether I'll be interrupting whatever challenge or item they are trying to grind? I'm pretty bored of soloing now that the story is complete and I've had a crack at most of the Public Events across the various worlds.

10. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

it's gonna take me a while to get to level 20 LOL

11. fredhoon

fredhoon Member

Where are you up to? I can jump on with one of the kid's Alt characters if you're no too far advanced, should be able to plow through the story a bit faster with a couple of people (not that any of the missions or bosses are particularly challenging).

12. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Just made it to level 11 and 113 power :p

13. Dingostolemyghz

Dingostolemyghz Member

I wouldn't worry too much, only 60/100 at the moment. Surely most people who want to join have already.

14. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

No issues with you joining up already and just saying "Hey guys... Got a slot?"

That's pretty much how i roll if i wanna join up! :)

15. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Just tried the leviathan raid last night (finally). Thankfully the twitch buddies I played with knew exactly what they were doing so coordination was easy as.

16. connico

connico Member

Get to level 15 and just finish the Red quest... that will auto level you to 20 after you're done

17. scottlah

scottlah Member

Was able to play a few more hours over the weekend and im now at 243 power.
    Should I hold off on doing nightfall / levi?

18. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

If the clan fills ill boot everyone under level 5 or 90 item level or something , those people are fine to re join instantly but its prob the easiest way if it does fill , but yeah no were near full atm. (id let people know before i did it but i dont think its going to be an issue)

Sorry a few people msged me on tuesday to do runs on battlenet i missed them.
    Its not expected everyone comes on discord , just come on if you feel like group stuff or talking about the game or whatever or you just want to talk shit with people ;

last night i just felt like watching a movie and doing some pub missions so i came on checked if anyone needed me for nightfall and went off.

I think maybe friday saturday or sunday is a good day to try and jump on during the day or night and meet up with some people and do some runs, i dont know though i dont really want to try and organise people and shit.

I did do my first 3 runs with the in game random group finder , but yeah there is quite a few people floating around now so you shouldn't really need to do that anymore.

nightfall i guess 250ish gear score it feels pretty good , its 240 required for the public version so id say thats a good requirement its rather hard with a full group of 240 people , but you have to do it for gear so you will be on the lower end when you start running them. They get easy after running the same one a few times though.

If someone wants to do a regular strike i can do one or two of them too, you get faction rally stuff for that , so under 250 just do strikes (or just public missions) , over 250 start thinking about nightfall.

275 is pretty easy to get to (quest\strike\public event gear should stay going up to 265 things slow a little after 265 and powerful quests\exotic engrams become the main source) , do your weekly powerfull quests , maybe get some of this faction rally gear by doing pretty much anything , xur will sell you a 270 gun and piece of armour once a week you can melt into something you want to use.

The quests for the mida multi tool and drang and strang give you whenever you do them a high level hand cannon , scout rifle and i think pulse rifle you can use or melt into other guns (they come high level compared to the character claiming them's current gear level, my titan just did drang last night and it came at 299 level) . when you do hit 280 you get access to legendary mods from the armour guy , that should take you from 280 to nearly 285. Also remeber if you ever play an alt you can use the same guns and it boosts the item level of the alt a lot.
    https://app.destinyitemmanager.com/
    This app is also amazing , it lets you search gear \ organise gear and if you are in a zone and need a gun from vault you can just drag it rather than going to town taking 20min

If like me you're bank is getting full search "is:dupe" and melt all the low level copies of stuff you have like 2+ of

hmnm long post rip

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  19. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I'm trying to clear out some of the side missions so I don't have to do them later.

20. fredhoon

fredhoon Member

Do them later, you'll need the XP for bright engrams & gear drops once your power starts to plateau approaching 260 (I'm just getting there myself).