Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frag, Mar 31, 2017.
ohh i got internets back today 28 down 6 up , (thats the speed im paying for havnt upgraded yet)
I've given this game a decent go. There is still quite a bit that doesn't make sense to me though.
1) I'm not in a guild, which seems to make things difficult. Is there a guild finder or something?
2) Raids, see above. I can't believe there is no group finder option!
3) Gear. I'm at gear level 307 (level 25). Pretty much all my gear is for level 20 or 21. I'm not getting anything higher than this. Are raids the only way to progress?
4) I'm still not getting the point of the 3 different elements. I know they kind of tie in with the talent tree, but is it really important to match the element types or does it make only a little difference?
Clan for regulars - https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=2744682
Clan for casuals - https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2937651
1. Bungie.net, log in goto clans, search
2. Join clan or cruise reddit
3. Gear drops based on your power level. You need "powerful gear" from weekly milestones to get higher by steps. It's got nothing to do with raiding giving powerful gear. It's the raid MILESTONE that gives out higher level gear, just like any of the other weekly milestones offering powerful gear rewards. Flashpoint, Clan XP to name a few.
4. Elements: Ok, so Cabal Centurions have firey looking shields. Shoot it with ANY element (ie your energy weapon) and the shield will drop really fast. Shoot it with a SOLAR element and not only will it drop fast, it'll also STUN and AOE DAMAGE the centurion and anyone around him. This is elements in a nutshell. Match element colour with shield colour. There's no other reason for elemental weapons per se. It's only efficient on shields. Energy weapons actually deal 10% LESS damage to targets once shields are down or a target doesn't have shields at all. That's why it's encouraged to use kinetics all the time, switch to energy to burn a shield, then switch back to kinetic.
As a rule in the normal world, Cabal use solar shields, Fallen use Arc, Vex use Void, Taken use Void, Hive use Solar. But you will get permutations of this in strikes/nightfalls etc. (egL in heroic vex spire integrations public event, the Quantum Harpies will have Arc shields)
1) join the OCAU clan, there is often a few people on discord and/or half a dozen online.
2) I agree, RAIDs are a pain in the arse, I'm yet to do one as you need 6 people with no group finder and Rhone on discord are usually half way through when I jump online.
3) you'll need the expansion for 305+ gear, focus on weekly challenges that yield "powerful enrams" and infuse anything purple with legendary weapon/armour mods - again I'm yet to do a raid but am power 226 after putting in a couple of hours every 2-3 days since Osiris was released
4) choose a special / power tree that suits your playstyle and choose your gear around that - Google some of the unlimited grenade builds for example. The weapon/damage elements form a triangle with defense/shields, much like any RPG. In D1 this is more noticeable, however D2 it appears that any Energy or Power weapon will drop a shield, however this may not be the case with RAIDs.
I sure the info above will be corrected by someone more experienced if I'm off the mark.
[Edit] slow typist - Ferris has it covered.
Thanks for the help guys. I thought I read earlier that the OCAU guild was full.... I just joined the casual one (VitaminSamBo is my battlenet name).
Guilds? They're called clans.
And clans are family.
it would be nice if they increased the member limit so we could just combine the two clans together.
There's an awful lot of limits that need increasing. Clan size, clan weekly xp, vault size to name a few.
It'll be also nice if there's an in game clan chat too.
it's a shame they don't fix this but focus on the fucking microtransactions and how to screw over their playerbase. i may as well not bother with the game any more.
So eververse is just microtransactions in-your-face. Have they learnt nothing from casinofront?
clearly not cos most of the dawning engrams are locked behind the eververse.
bungie of old is no more.
My issue with bright engrams and eververse is that its a type of gambling...
Pay money to get a chance at shiny stuff
and why I haven't paid a cent for silver.
also, getting fps drops during public events for some reason. running with a 1070 on high settings at 1080p so I have no idea if it's the game or hardware screwing up somewhere.
It's a busy night for Raids tonight, just opened discord and there's 3x full groups!
So much for that.
2 groups tonight too.
There's another standard Calus raid planned for tomorrow night.
got some random graphical glitches where a horizontal band would flicker in the far distance. it only happens on some areas of a map and it's only this game too