1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frag, Mar 31, 2017.

1. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

there is an OCAU clan somewhere.

2. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Have they implemented clan chat yet? That was such an let down. Being in a clan yet no way to really communicate with anyone within the game unless you do it directly. Such a pain. Can't look for group or anything like that.

3. MrBS

MrBS Member

Discord chat is where it is at, finally got to 335 last week, got one of my alts to 330+ already with the other close behind, absurd how quickly you can make the up the distance with alts.

4. fredhoon

fredhoon Member

The OCAU "clan" is probably 80% randoms, 20% forum/discord dwellers as a byproduct of being unrestricted entry when the game was new. As long as you have completed the story you can drop in on anyone with a spare slot and join their grind for more XP (unless it's a RAID or nightfall that is above your level).

I haven't played D2 for a while and still have an alt to level and another to grind so would be available to help anyone push through the campaign or towards 330, just post up in this thread. The only caveat is that I'm only on the PC late in the evening after the kids are in bed.

5. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

the clan is only for clan xp anyway....no real incentive for an in-game community as it were.

6. Anthony Q

Anthony Q Member

Is it worth gerting the expansions atm? I really dislike they handled expansions in the previous game. Eg. The Taken King.

Dont want to spend on expansion pass only for them to bring out "the taken king" equivalent

7. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Not really.

8. Clubby

Clubby Member

Hi there! Been having a weird issue with my xfire'd 480's - When playing Destiny 2 the framerate is terrible. When I run other games or benchmarks there is a significant improvement over the single 480. But in Destiny 2, its like half the performance.

Have already tried clean install using Display Driver Uninstaller - Have also tried various different driver revisions. Im beginning to think its just an issue with Destiny 2, but others with similar setup arent experiencing the same issues.

If I disable xfire in the driver utility, the framerate is back to where it should be.

Anyone else running xfire with this game? System specs in sig.

9. Stevros

Stevros Member

Its $35 at green man gaming if you wanted to get the expansion pass. I bought it because I got the base game really cheap.

10. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

$35 USD that is.

11. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

honestly grinding to 305 was all i needed to know about destiny 2.

12. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

that it's boring AF?

Pinkeh likes this.
  13. Sledge

Sledge Member

After buying D1 and then having to spend another $50 to buy it again (due to not being able to buy the expansions separately etc) I'm going to wait for GOTY edition with everything included..
    I'm real sick of buying games over and over and over again just for the expansions

Oh yeah.. just remembered.. i got D2 with the Xbone....

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  14. Stevros

Stevros Member

Meh, gameplay and graphics are awesome. The problem is the incredible lack of content. You want to keep playing but theres just nothing left to do. Was exactly the same with Destiny. The Curse of Osiris DLC is only slightly better than horse armour for the price. My original plan was to wait for some sort of GOTY version but i couldnt help myself when i got the base game for $15. I hate the fact that the early adopters of the game who pay the most end up getting screwed over the most when it comes to eventual expansions/DLC, felt so damn ripped off after the first game.

sammy_b0i and fredhoon like this.
  15. Sledge

Sledge Member

Yep.. that's how i feel

fredhoon likes this.
  16. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

I never even finished the original game. I bought The Taken King pack on special several months after release, the last DLC is $45 on PSN and it never goes on sale. It would be cheaper for me to buy the game for a third time (I bought it from US PSN on release because it was cheap) than it would for me to just get the last DLC.

I'm not making the same mistake again for Destiny 2.

ni9ht_5ta1k3r likes this.
  17. fredhoon

fredhoon Member

3rd-ed. The story's too short, at the same time it's in uninteresting tedious grind (too long) for alternate characters.

18. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

I do have to admit, having to run alts through the story mode is kinda annoying.
    Would be nice if they just let us level up outside of the story mode to do end game content.

I have a hunter that is about half way through the story mode and i CBF'd doing the rest.

19. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Has it gotten better?

20. Stevros

Stevros Member

I actually managed to successfully use the guided mode to get through the Nightfall tonight. Took about 20 - 30 mins to get invited to a group. Seriously should just be given the option to complete it with randoms though, doesn't require any team co-ordination, just a slightly more difficult strike.