1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frag, Mar 31, 2017.

1. OJR

OJR Member

2. korbain

korbain Member

Went to download it tonight, but its won't be done in time (Shitty Sydney internet!) so i'll give it a whirl tomorrow. Looking forward to getting into it.

Would be cool to get into the raids and that, had plenty of fun doing that in the first destiny! only got 1 raid completion in d2 :(

3. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Getting this free via Humble Monthly :)

Sans Expansions.

Sanity_Smith likes this.
  4. MrBS

MrBS Member

Well I ran through and got my three characters to 30 and did a couple milestones by grinding out some public events. I'll tackle the campaign after the weekly reset. D2 for me is still at its best as something I muck around with for a couple hours a week in then leave ;)

Sanity_Smith likes this.
  5. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

Look, from a long time Destiny fan, I'll say this.

I'll play it, but they've goofed. Pretty hard.

They haven't gated things behind a "grind gate" per se, it's purely a time gate. The exotic changes are awesome, but I mean really. For how much they hyped this up, it's not what it should have been.

6. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Downloaded it again, played a bit, got bored of it quickly, uninstalled it.

Sanity_Smith likes this.
  7. OJR

OJR Member

Very good video from SkillUp on the state of Destiny 2.

Bertross likes this.
  8. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

I have been just casually playing a little , not sure if anyone still raids or anything but i need a new headset i'll jump on discord some time next week see if anyone still plays.

I like that they made it much harder to get to item level cap , just a bit of a shame its locked behind a limited number of weekly quests, like gear upgrades cant drop in the game anymore it's all just a handful of once per week quests

~gemtech

9. OJR

OJR Member

I'd be keen for some nightfall and raids etc. I still have not done any raids.

10. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

I joined the clan on the weekend. Is there a schedule of nightfalls and raids? I still haven't done raids and only ever done one nightfall. I'm light level 347.
    Also, I got the exotic sword and sparrow last night after grinding all those data thingies on Mars. The Sparrow looks so cool!

11. Davey85

Davey85 Member

Just switched clans on PC as the clan I was with mainly plays on Xbox/PS4. so looking for ppl to team up with. Still needing to complete a raid on pc but really only limited to playing for a few hrs on a thursday night or during the day on Sat/Sun. Feel free to add me - IIR34P3R#1541

12. nugget28

nugget28 Member

Year 2 announced today full priced expansion

Info: https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/destiny2-forsaken

Reveal Short Version:

Reveal Long Version:

Roadmap:

[​IMG]

I never bought the expansions in the first one but pricing on Bnet is $55 for standard edition / $99.95 for game and season pass / $109.95 for all that and a couple of items and it mentions you have to own the previous 2 expansions along with the base game for this (probs obvious).

Seems really expensive for an expansion its practically rebuying the game all over again, it did look pretty good though.

13. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

so i bought D2 and the year 1 expansion, so I have to pay again?

14. nugget28

nugget28 Member

yeah thats what its looking like...

Sounds kinda crazy to me to have to rebuy the game to play for another year.

15. MrBS

MrBS Member

You still have access to all the year one content (lol) if you don't pay ;)

Takes the install up to 104GB as well, getting big!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  16. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

They're doing the same thing in D2 as they did in D1 with all the expanions . Don't know how you can be surprised about it all.

It's all about how we can milk gamers for money, for the less possible effort now.

Released a half arsed game, but sell the DLC that it should have come with at the first release.

soulblade64 likes this.
  17. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

It's frustrating that you need to buy both of the current DLCs inorder to get Forsaken. Yet, to get Warmind you didn't need to buy Curse of Osiris. So those who skipped CoO but have Warmind and are max level, will still need to buy CoO (with content that is below their character level) just to get Forsaken. Seems like a pretty poor way to treat their fans. Do the older DLCs even drop in price at all?

18. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i dunno which one I need to buy for starters!

19. nugget28

nugget28 Member

Apparently closer to the release date they will announce new bundles and discounts on the previous expansions.

20. Bertross

Bertross Member

Jesus its a big price tag for the extras in Destiny 2! $100 LOL. Starting to add up including the DLC....

I got the base game as a gift and bought the two extra DLCs which was meh. Warmind was ok i guess.