1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frag, Mar 31, 2017.

1. MrBS

MrBS Member

I had a run of gambit, there is some fun to be had there.

Bertross likes this.
  2. Bertross

Bertross Member

Yeah i played 3 games was quite fun. One of the better online modes of any multiplayer ive played to date.

3. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

The xpac drops tomorrow 4am Sydney time!!! Much xcite!

OJR and Bertross like this.
  4. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Yeah Gambit was good fun. Hopefully the rest of the expansion will be decent!

5. MrBS

MrBS Member

Well its more destiny, man I hate the story of this game so much, better finish the campaign fast! :p

6. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

I have finished the new campaign already and hit 50, and the light level cap of 500 (at least I think that's the cap).
    Was it just me or were the bosses in the story all really easy to beat? I was under the recommended light level for most of them and found them all fairly easy to defeat.

7. MrBS

MrBS Member

Still got a ways to go on campaign, but I'm surprised how easy some of the public events are in the new area, really easy to solo.

Bertross likes this.
  8. MrBS

MrBS Member

Finished the campaign, currently at 504 power level. I say this every campaign but wow is the story trash in this game, bonus points for the final boss in the campaign had me scream FFS at the screen then laugh it off. Terrible.
    I wonder if Gearbox will sue for lifting the end of Borderlands?
    Shootbang is still great, lots of activities to grind out, I'm looking forward to more rounds of gambit in my future.

9. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

I finished the grind for the Ace of Spades Handcannon last night. It's pretty decent (my one is power level 517) and I can see it being fairly good in both PvP and PvE. I like the Firefly reference on it too

10. OJR

OJR Member

I love the new area. the graphics are amazing. and I love the Destiny lore.

11. SimParadox

SimParadox Member

I'm disappointed that Bungie are trying to push everyone into PvP. I play with a 4-5 other guys in their 50's (like me) and we suck at PvP. No excuses, we suck at it. We play together a couple of nights a week, mostly doing strikes and nightfall, and occasionally try (and usually fail) a raid. I really wanted Cayde's gun, but now have found that I have to kill 5 invaders with a hand cannon during gambit. I just can't fracking do it! Usually when an invader comes in, they either super straight-away or they find a corner and snipe. In either situation, I'm lucky to get one shot off, let alone kill the fracker. And that's assuming that my teammates don't get the kill first! I bought the digital deluxe pre-order partly because I wanted Cayde's stash, but now I am never going to get the fracking gun! Very pissed off!

Sanity_Smith likes this.
  12. OJR

OJR Member

Sounds like me mate. I'm not the biggest fan of PVP. I think most people aren't and that's why Bungie is pushing it. Gambit is a dead give away, they are trying to mix PVP with PVE in order to get people to play it.

13. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Lol the Gambit part of the Handcannon quest is the easy part! followup is 200 (maybe 250?) headshot kills in strikes, then 25 headshot kills in crucible. The crucible part took me ages because I also suck at PvP.
    But damn, the reward is worth it I think.

14. zed_kid

zed_kid Member

Can you get just the Forsaken DLC or do you have to buy the Legendary pack which has Osiris and Warmind? Everywhere I look I only see the expensive packs for sale

15. OJR

OJR Member

You need all of them to play Forsaken.

16. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

As far as I'm aware, Forsaken requires you to have both Osiris and Warmind. Pretty shit that they did that, but it is what it is.

17. MrBS

MrBS Member

Currently at 518 on my main and back to the daily/weekly grind milestones a couple hours a week the way I like it.

18. zed_kid

zed_kid Member

Thanks lads, got it last night. Just needed the Forsaken DLC as I had the other ones. Enjoying it so far, more of the same and I got no problem with that, been away from destiny for like a year so it feels fresh.

Got stomped in iron banner as I was LL330 vs 500+ lol

19. OJR

OJR Member

Except light levels are irrlevant in PVP. :lol:

20. zed_kid

zed_kid Member

You don't play Iron Banner then?