1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frag, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

From my play time so far I think the questing system and objectives needs a big improvement.

2. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Are you at tangled shore?? It gets better around the mars planet which is the warmind expansion. Forsaken exp has the tangled shore which is much better than previous missions imo.

3. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Finished the campaign and pretty much stopped playing, knowing you have to buy 2 DLC then the xpansion just to play the game is offputting.

4. OJR

OJR Member

So just the vanilla D2 without any expansions???

5. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Whatever was in that cheap humble bundle thing a while back, assume yes.

6. OJR

OJR Member

then you haven’t really played D2.

7. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Pretty sure thats what I was getting at..

8. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Vanilla d2 is arse..1st dlc osiris sucked although warmind was much better. Destiny 2 follows the exact same route as destiny.... Year 2 dlc made the game.( Taken for d1 and forsaken for d2).

9. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

After oct 16th the year 1 dlc will be bundled for free with forsaken. Good news.for those people who got vanilla d2 i guess?

10. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

It's a good deal, but still wouldn't get it because of the in-game greed.

11. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Imagine if blizzard didn't bundle every older wow xpac and made you buy every single one just to play the latest.

12. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Different gameplay model as wow has subscription fees. Yeah activision has some crappy business models and the compensation for veterans isn't up to scratch. But I founf myself enjoying forsaken and felt i got my moneys worth.

13. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

I got to power level 555 last night. I'm still enjoying this expansion. First DLC will be here soon!

14. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

I just hit 500 and am really enjoying the expansion so far.

Lots of changes since I took a break though.

15. MrBS

MrBS Member

I see there are some digital doodads for people who purchased prior to that date. I can only hope this is a response to poor conversion rates on people upgrading because its a cheap move to charge people before and during the release hype before making it 'free' a month later.

16. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Nah activision have been pushing out vanilla destiny 2 for free as part of the playstation pass and humble bundles. Great way to increase uptake on forsaken for those new players and people who left after the prev crappy expansions.

But yeah you would be pretty salty if you just bought the previous year 1 dlc to play forsaken inthe last month.

Bungo could probably throw in some exotics for those affected by this.

17. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Anyone up for some Halloween forest runs tonight? I wanna get that autorifle!

18. OJR

OJR Member

Is there a power level requirement?

19. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

you need to wear a halloween mask. I think it's rated at only about 200 light level though

20. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

200 light requirement. You don't need to wear the mask, but it gives a decent stat boost over a standard helmet, especially if you rank them up. I went for Winged Terror on the Glitterball mask. Max I got in a run was 7, guys who go higher must be smashing through them, though I reckon I could go further if my teammates weren't muppets all the time... I'm finishing with 160+ kills and the other two are always around 50-70.

Got the AR this morning, and it's very nice, I gave it a mag upgrade mod to bump it up to 38. Pairs really well with Actium War Rig, especially if you can consistently get precision hits, which I can. Would love if I had an Ether Doctor with decent perks though...

I'm amazed at how many weapons still held their capabilities into Forsaken. It took a bit of convincing to dismantle my masterworked Scathelocke with 10k kills, and build up an Ether Doctor, but It's turned out well. Same with Mida Mini-tool, Polaris Lance and Sins of the Past. Also got the Ikelos boots and shotgun yesterday from a random EP. 5 of us randoms on Mars just started one for kicks, demolished the entire run up to 7 lol.

The grind up past 520 is a killer, sitting at 547 now though, so doing well, I guess. New fav RL though, Zenobia-D, Snapshot, Cluster Bomb, Tracking, Blast Radius mastery. Sorry SotP, you don't track targets.