1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frag, Mar 31, 2017.

1. bennyling

bennyling Member

2. Oxygenation

Oxygenation Member

I'll join ya, what's your bnet ID?

3. fredhoon

fredhoon Member

4. bennyling

bennyling Member

Done!

And done. I'll jump in the Discord later tonight too.

5. Poondizzler

Poondizzler Member

Also picked up Forsaken tonight, along with a mate or two. Making a part time switch from ps4 to pc, looking for some folk to play with. Played a lot of this on ps4 so i've got a good idea on how to do things.

Bnet ID is AidzVentura#1270

6. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Tonight I finished building a life-sized replica of Ace of Spades out of Lego:

Click to view full size!

Lego brick separator below it for size reference.

7. OJR

OJR Member

That's fkn awesome dude!

8. PsychoticOrc

PsychoticOrc Member

I just joined, on Xbox :)

9. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Bad news for people still playing.

Knew something was up when they gave it away for free.

It's sad and so true what he's saying. Thought this as well and shit only going to get worse.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    Drizz06 and fredhoon like this.
  10. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

As mentioned above, awesome work mate :thumbup::thumbup:

11. Poondizzler

Poondizzler Member

so is no one from here still playing this on pc?

12. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

I am several nights / days a week, I just hit 583 tonight.

13. MiloVasic

MiloVasic Member

Im on pc starting from scratch

14. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Yeah I'm on most nights

15. Sunder

Sunder Member

I just joined when I got it as a "gift", then bought Forsaken during the sale. I was caught hook line and sinker.

Question though. I have a 3770k, mildly OCed, 16Gb of RAM, 1080ti. During events where there are few people around, I am locked on 60fps. Occasionally, but mostly during public events, I drop down to mid 20s fps. I can't tell when it's a lot of enemies, lots of explosions and smoke (which is really tough on the GPU), or lots of people. (Which could be increased data/increased CPU?)

I'm going to start investigating tonight, but does anyone want to venture a guess at where the bottleneck is most likely to be?

16. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

Hit me up on the XBox if I don't have you already. Flaming Snake. I'm 590 light on my Titan, 515 Hunter and my warlock hasn't even started the forsaken stuff yet, if that makes any difference lol.

Well if it makes you feel better, my XB1 does the exact same thing when there's a fair bit happening on the screen. It takes a bit, but it does slow down when shit hits the fan in-game.

17. Sunder

Sunder Member

Good to know it's not just me. I had seen others, but seem to be more complaints about 1080Tis than other cards, but it might be because when you have (what was previously) the best, you expect the best, where as everyone else might have just written it off.

Still, I'd like to know the bottleneck to see if I can tweak it a bit or upgrade to get better performance.

18. Poondizzler

Poondizzler Member

Hit me up with those bnet id's pls... it's just me and 1 mate so far on pc, would be nice to have more people to play with.

Im running a 1080ti and personally am not experiencing these issues, in most areas i get 110fps+ at 1440p. Stupid question but you havent got the framerate cap turned on and/or vsync? Maybe try mucking around with preset settings and see if that changes anything.

19. kbekus

kbekus Member

Fucking Activision seem to be rooting everything they touch at the moment. Slightly off topic but Blizzard fans are pretty unhappy at the moment about the only big recent announcement being a mobile Diablo game... hardly what the die hards were looking for. Anyway, back on topic, it seems to be an Activision/Blizzard strategy to release a V2 game with the barest subset of features that were present in V1 (see Destiny 2 versus Destiny 1, WoW BFA versus WoW Legion) then slowly add new content for a fee until V2 is comparable with V1. I dropped out of Destiny 2 prior to Forsaken because it was really a bit weak, but for those that stuck around from release until now is Forsaken living up to expectations?

20. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I thought game was unoptimised as hell in parts, but turns out in some parts it throws heavy load at cpu/ram. I had a 3960x and moving over to 8700k I gained easy 30fps in those parts..

3770k is bit quicker per-core then 3960x though. 20fps seems waaay too low to dip. I was getting bout 60fps @ worst with 1440.